Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 9, 2012
At first I did not know how to make this work. Directions are very limited. I have a 94 Lance Squire Lite Camper. I don't like the fact that I cannot see around this fat box. I love the camper, but the view is terrible. My F-350 crew cab has mirror extensions so I can see down the side, but that is it. I put the mirror frame together and my wife and fooled around with mounting locations and checking on the best viewing angles. Since it has no REAL SPECIFIC instructions I took that to mean it can be mounted and adjusted to your specific needs. I did just that. Because my camper does not exceed the length of my crew cab the camper does not extend beyond my front windshield at all. SO I mounted the mirror along the left side camper edge towards the front curve up and bent the L bracket a bit and wow. The mirror extends about 6 inches out from the camper side at the edge and I can now see vehicles behind me about 10 feet back. With a little thinking and creative application it is just what you may want. It is stable and allows the view that most camper owners dream of. I may put a picture in just to help you folks out.
on January 21, 2013
Here's what you get. You get a mirror and a bag of parts - some clamps, a couple tubes, some screws, etc. That's it. No instructions. No diagram of the finished product. Nothing.

Oddly, there is a drawing of a mirror mounted on a camper that is lightly printed on one part of the box. However, this is the not the mirror that is shipped in the box, because the mounting hardware is different.

I could not mount the mirror onto my camper with the hardware that they provided. One of the arms is long enough but the other one isn't. I finally had to make something myself to mount this mirror.

I do not advise buying this mirror, though I don't know if there is a similar product out there that is any better.
on February 20, 2013
If you are a very tool oriented person, know how to put things together by instinct, or are very comfortable with mounting things on your RV then these shouldn't be too bad. I am not those things and am definitely not an expert, but will try to give my two cents.

I have an 87 Toyota Dolphin motorhome and the mirrors that it came with were absolutely horrible, so I ordered these! There's an overhang above the small Toyota truck cab and we were hoping to mount these on the camper itself instead of on the mirror arms that came with the truck front. As described in other reviews, the instructions are absolutely terrible and you'd need someone familiar with car parts or an engineering like mind to figure it out. Going by the picture on the front of the box isn't enough and the only instructions are in a tiny paragraph on the outside of the box. No diagrams, only words. That being said the mirror that comes with this package is pretty nice. I will be using the clamps and the mirror instead of any of the arm parts and went ahead and mounted the mirrors on the arms on my truck doors. Better than nothing.

Basically, the L part of the arm that is positioned at the top of the mirror has to be drilled into the camper with brackets that you attach, while the smaller arm to the right of the picture has a hole for direct mounting, etc. I was also afraid to use the screws that it came with as they seemed pretty long to me and might go through the camper too far.
on March 15, 2012
I purchased this mirror 3 months ago and am pleased with its functionality. It is advertised as being stainless yet the screws, nuts and extension tube are all beginning to rust. With rust beginning to show itself in just three short months I cannot rate this mirror higher than two stars.
on September 9, 2012
I received this item and it was an opened and taped back up package. I opened it and found no instructions to assemble and install. I viewed the packaging to see if it showed anything helpful. No results. I think this was a bad purchase decision.
on January 1, 2013
Mirror quality seems to be okay, time will tell. But the almost complete absence if install instructions was frustrating. There was absolutely no pictorial of proper mounting at all, I had to keep moving mounting arms in different positions on the camper to finally decide how they could best be mounted. Mirror kit had the weakest directions I have ever seen in a new install kit of probably anything I've ever installed.
on August 28, 2009
I purchased these mount mirrors for our sunlight camper, but unfortunatly they were not compatable..Our mistake.But they were well made with a nice size mirror and resonable in price.....I am however rating amazon.com...They get 5 stars for customer service...We were able to return for a full refund...Would highly recommend amazon.com.....
on February 25, 2013
I drove 1200 miles with them after talking with your customer service about a missing part. I did get them mounted and all was fine until the speed reached 65 MPH. Stopped tighten screw as directed. Same thing for three weeks. I know you’re the sales department for many companies; this is the first order from you that turned out to be junk. This is not request for to return I don’t want any one else to get these and be as upset as I am.
Regards,
Joe Michael
on October 12, 2013
i received one of two ordered and it was attached to my camper with out any problems and i am happy with it
can't wait to get #2.
on May 1, 2012
Although I have not yet installed the mirrors, I was pleased to see upon inspecting them that they are very well constructed for the price and I am eager to start using them this summer.