5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic is the Word
Published on November 2, 2010 by J. Pavlik

1.0 out of 5 stars scratches
Published on February 10, 2012 by J. Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic is the Word, November 2, 2010
This review is from: CJ Industries F101 Fantastic Ice Scraper with Brass Blade (Color may Vary) (Misc.)
My family and myself have been using this scrapper for many years. We needed to replace our old ones and they seem to be inpossible to find in the stores. I thought I would check Amazon, and was so happy to find them. I ordered 5, but I'm going to order more and give them to my extended family. This scrapper will remove frost and ice with one swipe. Not like the plastic ones that remove frost and ice from the car windshield as good as my finger nails would do. Fantastic is the word to describe this handy little tool! Thank You Amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fantastic Ice Scraper, November 26, 2010
M. D. Medlock (Alexandria, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
Outperforms all other scrapers I have ever used by a long shot for most situations. The brass blade works effectively and doesn't scratch the glass. Take care of the blade. Bending the blade--which is hard to do unless try to use the scaper as an ice hammer--will reduce its effectiveness. Great bang for the buck. It is also good for taking other stuff off glass too. Essential kit in all our cars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic Cooktop Stove Scraper/Cleaner!, November 16, 2010
This is sold as a windshield scraper and I am sure it is good for that - although small. But I bought it to clean the ceramic top of our stove. This is a much easier way to get off burnt on food than any other method. And because brass is softer than glass or ceramic it does not scratch the surface. It works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The World's Best Ice Scraper, December 22, 2010
John W Fulton (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I've have one of these in each of my vehicles for the 20 years since I discovered them, I will never be without one if I can help it.

The brass blade is slightness flexible, so it conforms to the small curves in auto windows.

Best for light and heavy frost and for icy frozen mixes.

Brass is softer than glass, so the metal blade of these fantastic ice scrapers cannot scratch the glass on your window.

I buy them 10 at a time so I can hand them out to neighbors and friends and kids and always have a spare.

If I loved them any more, I'd have to marry them,

John

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Indeed!, January 11, 2011
I was going to roll the dice on one of the fancy $20-30 scrappers but I was hesitant to do so because they looked quite gimmicky and reviews were mixed. Then one of those fancy scrapper reviews pointed me towards the F101. How cheap plastics scrappers are still sold in big box stores and automotive stores is beyond me. The industry has a profit motive in people buying cheap junk over and over again. This scrapper is as close to effortless as scrapping is ever going to get (as compared to plastic scrappers). This really should be the country standard scrapping tool. I can't believe it but this thing makes me excited to scrape because I know the ice is coming off with one pass.

Only way to make this product better would be a more "solid" handle (the plastic is kind of "soft" and it bends ever so slightly), a longer handle, and a wider blade for fewer passes. But that's really nit picky. Maybe CJ Industries will come out with a Deluxe model someday for $2.99 that will include these features, ha!

I used FireHawk Tech as the Seller. They seemed to have the cheapest shipping when ordering multiples because the shipping was less the more you bought. The other businesses increased the shipping cost by multiples for additional scrapers which adds up.

1.0 out of 5 stars scratches, February 10, 2012
I bought this after I moved to Nebraska to use on the thick ice that formed on my car windshield. This worked great for the first 2-3 weeks I had it. Cleared off ice that any other tool I have used before could not. Then the last couple weeks I noticed small scratches on my window only visible from the inside. After a few more days it was getting worse and worse and I realized this scraper was puting fine horizontal scratches in my window whenever I put pressure on it to scrape off the ice.

Stick with the plastic ones. They may not get all the ice off your windshield but at least they won't scratch it up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you are a midget, driving a Yugo..., November 2, 2012
TommyGuitar (Dutchess County, NY) - See all my reviews
There is a reason this thing got an average of 4.5 stars.... Brass is the best scraper, and this is the ONLY brass ice scraper on amazon. A good competitor would have a long handle. As others have said, this thing is tiny.

If you are listening manufacturer, a couple requests. 1. Please make a longer handle! Like, a lot longer. If you have to make a second model, and charge $11.99, people will still buy it. 2. Please make the brass part WIDER... it's got a very small surface area, which in turn takes longer to take ice off. 3. Please make the sticker removable. It's impossible to get it off.

Again, I feel 3 stars is fair, because, although brass is inherently the best and worth 5 stars on it's own, the width of the brass and handle size of this item is ridiculous.

PS... the model I received in the mail is yellow, not red. Just in case someone would like to know.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic? Not for ice scraping..., January 12, 2013
C. Shea (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I moved from sunny, southern California to central Illinois. I have learned a lot about "seasons" and how to prepare for "weather." One thing I was told I needed to acquire was an ice scraper. No problem! One quick Amazon search later and I found one that had "Fantastic" IN THE NAME!

Boom. Done.

Some of my friends who grew up in snowy climates actually laughed when they looked at the scraper. OK, fine, maybe it's small, but that doesn't mean it's not mighty. Right?! Well, that may be true, but in this case... it's a joke. I imagine the people raving about this product don't deal with much more than a light frost. This ice scraper is pretty flimsy and not particularly effective. The blade actually BENT when I was trying to get ice off my windshield. The blade BENT. I don't think that's supposed to happen. I ended up throwing it away after that.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THIS - It Scratches Glass!!!, June 21, 2013
M. Dow (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
My windshield now has PERMANENT vertical scratches where the edges of this terrible product have dug into the glass. I was fooled by the positive reviews here, but I sincerely hope that you are not. Unless you wish to end up with permanent windshield damage, DO NOT purchase this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use it!!!, May 17, 2012
This tool is a good scraper but after a while your wind shield will be scratched!!!

I threw this scraper away after few times.