5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. . . and I could afford a better camera!
Published on December 27, 2004 by New Person

2.0 out of 5 stars Great card but possible errors (speed problems) with Memory Card Error and or Card Locked
1GB card. Great. The problem is that it may not work with new Canon models like the Canon PowerShot S2 IS by giving a Memory Card Error and or Card Locked! error even though the card is unlocked. Sometimes you might not even be allowed to format this card in the camera. This may be due to some cards being faulty but it appears that many users are suggesting that the...
Published on August 30, 2006 by OverTheMoon

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. . . and I could afford a better camera!, December 27, 2004
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
Been using my 1.0gb card for several days (taking pictures, loading onto computer, and Walmart photo machine, etc.). So far it's working like a charm. The great thing about cards like this is that it allowed me to buy a better camera - let me explain. . . Because the memory cards that come with cameras are only a little better than the "prop" tv's you see in furniture stores, it is important to consider the high cost of a "real" memory card when you decide to buy a digital camera. In other words, a lot of people may have to seriously consider buying a cheaper camera because of the high cost of memory cards, camera cases, batteries, etc. Fortunately, cards like this allow you to stretch your "camera" dollars. In my case, it allowed me to buy a Canon SD300 instead of the old, error-prone S410. With my SD300, a 4 megapixel, and with the 1.0gb Sandisk, I'm getting 487 pictures on the highest resolution. WOOHOO! The only other comment I have is that some retailers are offering $20 rebates on this card - check CompUSA.com and Bestbuy.com for rebates. Why don't you have them, Amazon?

Price paid - $59

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak camera owners take note..., September 12, 2006
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR KODAK CAMERA OWNERS: In July 2006, I replaced a SanDisk regular SD card like this one with a SanDisk Ultra II card for my Kodak DX7590, because I was hoping that it would allow my camera to write high-quality 5MP pictures faster. But to my surprise, it timed exactly the same. So I emailed Kodak, and this was their response: "We appreciate your interest in high speed memory for your digital camera. Our cameras are designed to operate, write and read SD cards at set voltage speeds. Therefore, there is no advantage to using faster memory in Kodak cameras."

So if you use a Kodak dock or USB cable to transfer images from a Kodak camera to your computer, this standard SanDisk card is all you need...there's no advantage to paying extra for a high-speed card like the Ultra II. However, if you use a card reader to get images from the SD card to your computer, then it might be worthwhile to pay a little more for the Ultra II since read and write speeds through the card reader could be substantially faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Price I've Been Waiting For, August 27, 2004
E. Auh "jorts" (philadelphia, pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
I have a Panasonic SV-AV100, a camcorder that uses flash instead of tapes. It's a wonderful, cigarette box sized camcorder the only downside of which needs a monster amount of memory. I finally purchased a Sandisk 1G after waiting and couldn't be happier. The read/write speeds are actually slightly better than my 512 Panasonic card and I have had no problems with computer recognition (running XP) or corrupt files which I've read happen to people from time to time.

I plan to purchase another on Amazon for my Treo so I can now use it as a serious MP3 player, storing roughly 300 songs. That's good enough for me...don't need to purchase an iPod for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars How many pictures will it store?, November 5, 2004
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
How many pictures will it store? It is the most commonly asked question from digital camera enthusiast but usually the question that is the most difficult to get a straight answer about. Well, considering I worked in the memory industry for over 7 years I can help clarify this perplexing question and do so unbiased as I have since changed industries.

The SanDisk SDSDB-1024-A10 Secure Digital 1GB, like most 1000MB cards, will store on average 1137 pictures when used with a 2 megapixel camera, 853 images when used with a 3 megapixel camera, 512 pictures when used with a 4 megapixel camera, 409 images when used with a 5 megapixel camera, and 320 pictures when used with a 6 megapixel camera. These numbers are based off the assumption that you are going to shoot your images at the highest quality JPEG setting available for the camera and understand that they are estimates and may be off by as much as 10 percent due to numerous factors including the complexity of the scene being shot and the compression algorithm used by your specific camera.

One last thing to consider when buying a 1000MB card. Do not necessarily choose the least expensive card available. A 1000MB card should be an investment. You need to consider quality, reliability, and speed with a card of this capacity. Worse case scenario would be you taking this card (and only this card) on vacation with you overseas and for some reason it gets corrupted. Then what do you do? Purchasing a high capacity card changes the game a little, just be mindful of that before you hit the buy button.

I truly hope this review was helpful to you in determining whether this card is the right capacity for your specific needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Pocket PC Experience. Good., January 1, 2006
Sharif Ebrahim (Bahrain, Middle East) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
I bought this card 14 months ago and used it heavily on my IMate Pocket PC then on my IPAQ4700. The card proves to be reliable.

I used it mostly to store images, e-books, documents, voice recordings, and Avantgo channels. In addition, I used it as a flash memory occasionally.

If you are a heavy user it is advised that you defragment the SD card on a monthly basis to reduce the possibility of file system being distorted. Using this practice I did not receive any errors, brilliant card.

I would recommend "Simple Tech BONZAI USB 2.0 CARD READER" ,which is a portable reader costing ($8 or less), in addition to this card as it would be possible to use this SD card as a flash memory accessible from all PC with Windows (Version 98 2nd Ed or later) or Apple Computers with USB1/USB2 drives.

If you want a faster and more reliable SD card that would stand more extreme weather circumstances I recommend "SANDISK SD Ultra II" that costs about $20 extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Digital cameras., July 5, 2006
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
I use this SanDisk SDSDB-1024-A10 1 GB Secure Digital Card for my digital camera; I have a Canon A 620 Power Shot; which is 7.1 Mega pixels. I can store (shoot) 515 pictures of the highest quality, on the card. So far its excellent, no problems at all; speed seems good, Picture quality and reliability excellent. I have Video capability on the camera ,but I don't use it, I have a Mini DV camcorder I use for shooting Video. So I can't commit on video storage on the card. I have one other 1 Gig Card, from SanDisk-slighty higer quality, and with these two cards, its all I need for vacations, family pics etc.,

5.0 out of 5 stars Locked Card Errors, September 6, 2006
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
I had one episode of a "locked card error" and did an on line search for answers. I found one review that said you have to take the card in to have it fixed. However, if you look at the side of the card there is a tiny tiny sliding plastic switch that is a different color than the body of the card. If this is accidently moved to the locked position the card is locked. All you have to do to unlock the card is slide this switch back. The card works great and I have no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this if you don't wanna miss your precious moments, April 29, 2006
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
This card is so fast that I could shoot pictures constantly with my Canon SD550. When I first open the box to see the card, I saw it was made in China and was a litte freaked out. But the quality didn't fail me at all. If you wanna snapshot your most precious moment, this is a must. And the price compared to other brand is so cheap yet it's working so well. Today I went on a trip and forgot my sandisk in my computer so I gotta borrow a Kingston 1GB (made in Japan) from my friend to take pictures. I was so pissed cos that card was so slow I missed most of my coolest pictures...

Bottom line: get this card, get this card, just get it :D

5.0 out of 5 stars My experience with San Disk cards has always been positive, October 29, 2005
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
The 1 GB card I purchased is one of 7 San Disk cards I own. I have never had any problems with them. The only difference I can spot is that the 1 GB card does save slower as it fills up than a comparable one I have from a different manufacturer. It is not a noticeable difference unless you are excessively impatient or taking lots of quick shots. My remedy is to unload the card after each picture-taking adventure. I do not store on digital card so usually have no more than a few music files and 40-50 pics on a card at a time. No problems with failures or errors on these. Good product and good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal from amazon., June 9, 2006
This review is from: CL) SANDISK 1GB SD MEMORY (Accessory)
i just bought the 1GB memory card off of ebay for $10 + $18 s&h. When I received it, the memory card was obviously counterfeit. (there was no serial number anywhere) I wanted to use it with my new canon 550, but it couldn't be read by my computer. I emailed the seller and he said I could return it, and get a refund only for my $10! Forget it! The shipping costs alone to hong kong would be more than what I'd get refunded...and not so he can sell it to another unknowing buyer.

Buyer beware of counterfeits! I should have went with amazon and paid only $1 more and have the guarantee of a superior product....never again.

ARRAY(0x9c629a50)