5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
I've suffered from scalp issues since I was in my early 20's.
I've tried just about every potion (shampoo) known to man.
Dandruff was never my issue; my issue has always been ingrown hairs.
Tiny little itchy bumps all over the back of my head.
NOTHING helped except Aveda's "Scalp Benefits" and even then I still got them but not as bad.
I saw this...
Published on August 3, 2012 by Brian Nallick

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK. I prefer my H&S for the value.
I suffer from mild dandruff. I can keep it under control by using a typical Pyrithione Zinc (1.0%) shampoo every other day. This product is no different to me as it uses the same proven active ingredient and drives the same positive results.

Published on October 9, 2012 by AreYouKidding?

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE., August 3, 2012
This review is from: CLEAR MEN SCALP THERAPY AntiDandruff Shampoo, Clean & Refresh, 12.9 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've suffered from scalp issues since I was in my early 20's.
I've tried just about every potion (shampoo) known to man.
Dandruff was never my issue; my issue has always been ingrown hairs.
Tiny little itchy bumps all over the back of my head.
I saw this and simply rolled my eyes.
(Oh joy another cheap knock off that won't do anything).
I really wanted to give it some time. (I gave it a month).
I was scared, REALLY scared that the ingrown would come back with a vengeance.
But they didn't.
The itchy scalp is gone and I have had ZERO ingrown hairs in this time frame.
I'm a believer.
I have super short hair so I only need a little and this shampoo is so much cheaper than Aveda.
I love it.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh light scent, works well & no stinging sensation as with Nizoral, August 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband and I both occasionally use the new Clear Haircare products but for different reasons. He wanted to try this since he now wears suits much more often to work and wanted to make sure he had no stray flakes visible. Skin flakes build up for a variety of reasons and many people run straight to the anti-fungal shampoos such as Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, 4 oz. which is formulated to deal with only dandruff caused by a common fungal infection of the scalp. It is appropriate if that's the case but expensive and stings both your scalp and burns your eyes which can be inconvenient. My husband merely has dry scalp since we live in Los Angeles under very dry conditions. He found this new Clear Men Scalp Therapy shampoo to be gentle enough for every day use and that a very little amount will clean his just below the ears, curly but conservative hairstyle. In fact, he says it rinses cleaner than many other shampoos we have product tested that claim to moisturize the scalp in order to prevent flakes.

My husband liked the refreshingly light Mint scent that didn't overpower his other toiletry products and has found that using this as his new daily shampoo is saving us money. It doesn't seem to strip his hair of its own natural oils so he doesn't need to use heavy duty conditioners. We're more than pleased with the new formulation. The flake-zapping ingredient is the Pyrithione Zinc but the addition of traditional used Tea Tree Oil as a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial is safer than the ingredients in Coal Tar Shampoos or Shampoos such as Nizoral. The latter product relies on formerly prescription strength antifungal Ketoconazole. If you do not in fact have the Fungal infection that Ketoconazole is intended to combat, you could actually be ruining your chances of that solution working should you become infected with the highly common fungus that lives on our bodies naturtally and sometimes grows out of control due to health issues or too-frequent shampooing with harsh detergent type shampoos.

Clear Men Scalp is a terrific down the middle choice at a good price point! Highly recommended! However, if you truly do suffer from the common fungal cause of serious flakes, you will need to eradicate the cause with a product like Nizoral and perhaps discuss it with your Primary Care Physician as well. If your scalp is merely dried out from too frequent washing, this is a nice mild shampoo when used in moderation. It works well and you may find that soon you can even skip shampooing to every other day and merely rinsing your hair clean of common pollutants, dirt and sweat that build up during the day and saving a good washing for the second day. When my husband first noticed his scalp was overly dry, limiting his shampooing to every other day was the recommendation he got from his doctor. However, he finds this shampoo, used in small amounts, gets the job done without stripping his hair. he also now uses their conditioner.

I used the shampoo on my own long hair "Ethnic hair" but found I was better off sticking to the same company's new Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty line of nourishing products for Women of Color or even fair skinned women who simply have textured, dry hair and dry scalp in need of proper nourishment and moisture protection such as CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY Ultra Shea Smooth & Nourish Conditioner, 12.7 Fluid Ounce and the shampoo and nourishing hair Oil that goes with it. Clear and all its products are passing muster in our household! Rack up another win for them with their new line for men! For more information on their line Google their website using the terms: Clear Haircare and their wbsite will show up under that name smooshed together. We can't list outside websites in reiviews anymore. They have several other lines for all types of women too so give them a look!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Cleaner Scalp, Occasional use, Great Value, Smells awesome, February 4, 2013
Jimmy Kim (United States) - See all my reviews
With the amount of times I've seen this commercial during the SuperBowl, I thought I'd try it out. I've had a few flakes and drying of the scalp lately and I'm glad I picked this up for my weekly cleaning regime...I mean daily...

Honestly though, I'd only recommend using this product 3-4 times a week at most and using other less harsh shampoos and conditioners as your main. I'd recommend Dove products for both men and women. Here are the reasons why~~~

Dandruff and Flake

The shampoo does well like most scalp dandruff shampoos and has the main ingredient for fighting dryness but the difference between this and other shampoos is the level of hydration and the pleasant smell. I've used some products in the past and the smell and strength of the shampoos were either too strong or had a very strong chemical/medicine scent which wasn't very attractive or nice to have throughout the day.

I don't really have dandruff but I do have the occasional drying of the scalp and having at least one bottle of a scalp shampoo helps. I'm very pleased to have purchased this one instead of Head and Shoulders.

Price:

The price is very affordable compared to others of this type. If you are tight on cash or are skeptical about purchasing this shampoo, try out the 2 in 1 combo. I only chose this set to test out the item as a trial and in the future I intend on purchasing the Shampoo and Conditioner separately because of how well it worked out.

Smell:

Depending on which flavor you choose you can have a crisp smell, tea-like smell, herbal smell, or even a more manly(?) sporty scent. I love all the smells or at least compared to the other dandruff shampoos.

Conditioning, softness, and moisturizing.

The drawback of scalp shampoos is that they moisture deeply into the scalp and not the hair itself. There tends to be some drying of the hair with a strange and not-so-soft texture. THIS is why I suggest using this product only a select few times during the week or when you have dry-scalp issues. It works wonders. Compared to other dandruff shampoos this does well overall and doesn't leave your hair feeling too nasty or dry.

Summary

Great value, works well against dandruff, smells great, and less harsh than other shampoos

Pros:
+ Cheap to pickup
+ Many great scents
+ Defeats Dandruff and flakes
+ Less harsh
+ Watched this product's SuperBowl commercial 100x and just had to try it.

Cons:
-None

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, July 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using the CLEAR MEN SCALP THERAPY Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, Clean and Refresh, for about a week. It comes in a 12.9 ounce bottle with convenient flat ends on both top and bottom, which means that when the bottle starts to empty, it can be stored on its top in order to get the remaining contents out easily. The ingredients include: ginseng, mint, and tea tree.

The shampoo itself is a milky cream which emerges readily from the container. The shampoo is not oily or greasy and appears not to leave residues. Any odor is not apparent to me. After one week of use, my scalp feels clean. My hair tends to curl, especially in the rain-forest environment where I live. However, this shampoo seems to flatten my curls. You may or may not like that effect. On the negative side, the shampoo is irritating if you get it in your eyes. Maybe this is caused by the mint. Altogether, I like this shampoo and plan to continue to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Head & Shoulders, July 7, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used Head & Shoulders and the Walgreens white-label anti-dandruff shampoo products for a long time and not really been enamored with either, mainly due to the scent and variable success at eliminating dandruff. I've tried this over the last week and think it's an improvement on what I had been using. The lid is well designed, making it easy to open in the shower, and the scent is much more pleasant too. Best of all it does seem quite successful in eliminating dandruff so I think I'm going to convert to this brand. As another reviewer commented, it's pricey but these products usually are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Product, but where is the Mint?, July 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great shampoo. This creamy smooth product leaves your hair super manageable, and it really works for me to eliminate dandruff. My only criticism is that the label indicates that it contains mint, and that it is refreshing. I can neither smell or feel the presence of mint. I have a shampoo from Paul Mitchell that is called Tea Tree and it really feels great on the scalp. I wish this product had enough mint in it to give a similar experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK. I prefer my H&S for the value., October 9, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Pros: This one has a nice/strong minty scent and does create a nice/slight tingle when using. It washes clean and I've had zero flakes while using the bottle.
Con: The bottle is a pain to open and when it is nearly empty it is a pain to get the last bit of shampoo out of it.
Bigger con: The cost per ounce vs. some of the competing products is high. Nothing comes close to 40 ounce pump bottle of Head & Shoulders from Costco.

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing type of clean, July 25, 2012
The Straw Man "J.E. Hoppock" (Aloof October on April's Birthday) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shampoo is marketed for men, which basically means it has more of a masculine scent and is designed for men's hair. This shampoo by Clear has a very pleasant smell. The shampoo is made with a combination of tea tree, natural mint, ginseng and a very subtle hint of coconut. Theses fragrances combined really promote an appealing aroma, without being too over bearing. It is also designed as an anti-dandruff product, I don't have dandruff, didn't have it before this product and don't have it as I type this. I guess it works.

The shampoo itself looks like glue but works in very well into hair and suds up wonderfully. It should be respected that with this product, a little goes a long way. My hair felt very clean and refreshed after using this shampoo, I attribute that to the mint. Oh and never fear, this product will not leave your scalp feeling like you rubbed Vicks vapor rub on your head. I have used a hair product that had mint in it and that was the result. This is not the case here. Overall a great product that I could see myself using again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 2, 2013
A great affordable antidandruff Shampoo. One bottle typically lasts me four months (showering every other day). It's a lot cheaper than Head & Shoulders, but seems to work just as well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more dandruff, April 12, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my teenage son who was having a minor issue with dandruff. He doesn't now. 'Nuff said?

(Seriously though, the shampoo is a great consistency - not so runny it runs out your hands while you're still trying to put the lid on and get it back on the shower shelf. It lathers nicely and rinses out well, leaving the hair feeling clean and looking shiny.)