Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on September 29, 2012
Disclamer: Just to be clear, I didnt buy this through Amazon! You can get this item through the CMMG or Zombie Armory websites for a much better price. Also I have not been paid by anyone or any of the companies listed here for this review. I spent the money for two cans and this is my opinion. No BS! Also, if you get hosed with a knockoff here on Amazon, thats between you and the company you bought it from.

Now for the Bacon, Top to bottom!

The can looked professional and long lasting. After all it's supposedly good for 10+ years. And the label is sure to bring a smile to any man. It has an outline of an M4 rifle and funny quotes from bacon lovers on the front and 2 step, picture instructions on the back. Almost a shame to empty and trash it. Inside the can the bacon is layed flat on wax paper and then layered several times in that fashion. It looks as though the stacked layers are then folded in half once and then rolled into a perfect can shape and stuffed in. I found that you have to remove both the top and bottom of the can so you can push it out.

Now for the bacon quality. Everyone likes their bacon cooked a little different, so description is key here. It is a thin sliced, smoke flavored, fully cooked bacon. I found it to be very savory and the smoke flavor is a medium. Not too sweet, not too salty. Just delicious! As for texture, its not crumbly over-cooked bacon, nor is it under cooked rubber bacon... It's firm but tender bacon, cooked to absolute perfection (IMO). In other words it doesnt fall appart out of the can and when you take a bite its not necissary to chew for 2 minuts. I did NOT find there to be any chemical or metalic taste with this product, but i used mine within 6 months of delivery. I have not tested the long term taste of this product. But no worries, its bacon so it will be eaten before then. Over all Id give it a 6 out of 10 on bacon taste in general. As for pre-cooked bacon Id have to give it a 10 out of 10! It is the best pre-cooked bacon Iv had by a wide margin. And yes it is edible right out of the can, but it is a bit greasy. I found it best when unpacked and nuked for under a minute with a few paper towels at the bottom. In other words, Its a good gift for anyone who loves bacon and good enough to try once if your on the fence. Get it!

Cost is a bit much, but trust me there is a LOT of bacon stuffed in one can. I would say its more than enough for a family breakfast. I dont recommend a single person eat it all in one go. I am not a health freak by any means nor am I careless, but I did feel bad about eating it all in one sitting. It was so good.... But there is way more bacon then you would think in one can.

I hope this helps with some of the uncertanty with this product, and may your bacon be delicious and plentiful for the rest of your days.
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
We were cut off, badly besieged, low on supplies, and nearly without hope. The air support I'd requested half an hour before had never materialized. Even though the lead was still flying fiercely, I signaled to Corporal Ames to inventory the remaining ammo. Seconds later he flashed back the answer: nothing for the mortars and next to nothing for the M4s.

The thunder of the enemy's approach was rising steadily. Despite the pall of smoke, the APCs carrying the leading elements were already in view. The outriders would be coming over the berm at any second. We were doomed. Nothing to do about it but sell our lives as dearly as possible, take as many of them with us as we could.

I plucked my remaining frag grenade from my vest, sent a final prayer heavenward, and took the pin between my fingers. I was about to draw it and hurl when Corporal Ames shouted, "Sarge! Look here!"

Tightly clutched in his grimy paw was a can of Tactical Bacon.

And with that, the tide of battle turned at last.
66 comments|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2011
Bought a case to check it out and then brought a can to work with some hot biscuits. Everyone was impressed with the ease, flavor, quantity in the can, and overall quality; this is some fantastic stuff. Gave a second can to a friend of mine that raises chickens and told him to cook a bacon and eggs breakfast for a dozen people and that he will be impressed. Thank you.
on February 9, 2014
We received a can for Christmas three years ago. Finally got around to opening the can. Woah there is a lot of bacon in there. Had I known how good and how much there was I would have served it at a large family gathering. This would be a great item to take camping for a large family. Open, heat and eat.
on December 6, 2013
It's tactical bacon... what's not to love.

I bought this as a gift and it was well received.

More Bacon!
on December 17, 2015
this is amazing. there is so much bacon in one can and it taste great. its hard to beat the taste of fresh cooked bacon but when you get this much and it all taste really well its a good deal. it last a long time and is great to take camping, hiking, or hunting and fishing.
on December 27, 2015
Tastes, smells and looks like regular bacon. Pieces are thinly sliced like fast food burger chains used to use before they started coming out with premium bacon sandwiches. Flavor is not as strong as most fresh bacon I've eaten but definitely bacony.

CMMG logo and being featured in Day-Z make this somewhat an interesting novelty but definitely something most people would enjoy eating. I've bought both this and Yoders. They're exactly the same except the label.

Is it great bacon? No, but I can't imagine something better coming out of a can. So if you like bacon and want to make sure you've got some available buy a few cans.
on February 5, 2016
Bought this as a gag gift because me and my cousin play an online game called, DayZ and it made for a very good birthday gift. I don't know how it would taste or work in a survival situation so no info on that but otherwise very cool.
on April 3, 2013
What more needs to be said about it other then it really is bacon, and it tastes great like all bacon does. It is well worth the money, and it is great for a camping trip, or a bug out bag. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves bacon like I do, and yes I will be purchasing more in the future.
on February 9, 2014
Tactical bacon was everything I had hoped and more. The bacon had surprosingly fresh taste, as though it had just come out of the pan. The quantity was also quite impressive. My family was eating bacon for three days. I am very happy with my purchase and would gladly order more.