Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Length: 3Ft / Black|Change

[Anyone remembers the old "I am not going to spend a lot for this muffler" commercial?]

The 3 ft. is my favorite length to connect any electronics that happen to be very close to each other.

Just in case someone may feel guilty for not paying a lot more for a premium brand, it should be stated that at this length - 3 ft., you will get as good a service from a no-brand cable as you would from a super-expensive rip-off. An HDMI 1.3 cable should be able to carry, error free, all the signal your electronic equipment may put out.

The FUD campaign attempting to attract buyers toward the more expensive brands makes a series of claims. I will address them, as they may apply to this specific cable.

- Signal attenuation is less over a more expensive cable. - TRUE, BUT that's irrelevant on a 3 ft. length. The HDMI consortium stated that even the cables that were not 'certified' as 'Category 2' or 'High-Speed' will meet the requirements at lengths of 6 ft. or less. At 3 ft., it would be a waste to consider an 'expensive' alternative. In addition, the newer devices have sufficient processing power and are sensitive enough to properly interpret even the more ambiguous 'digits' they receive.

- The expensive cables are better engineered and their contacts are less likely to break. - TRUE, BUT how many times is one going to plug an HDMI cable in and out of an HDMI socket over the cable's lifetime? 5 times? 10 times? The 'better engineered' claim has no practical importance. If your cable works on 'day one' the odds are that it will be left in the back of your box for many month or years before it is unplugged and plugged back in. If this cable is purchased for home use, the 'better engineered' claim should not be of a major concern.

- The more expensive cables are 'future proof'. - NOT TRUE. Claims are made that, if you buy the more expensive wires you won't have to buy new ones when 'new standards' emerge because the more expensive wire will support them. This is untrue on 2 different levels. First, your cheap cable was purchased to work with some very specific devices which need HDMI 1.3 and will never support the 'new standard'. The new standards will be supported by new electronic devices but, for as long as you keep the existing ones, you will still need this cable to connect them. Second, the emerging HDMI 1.4 specs call for physically different connectors so, no matter how large a bandwidth the existing expensive cables may support, it won't matter because you still won't able to plug them into an HDMI 1.4 port so... there go your $5 or... there go your $200, depending on your having purchased a 'cheap' or a 'top of the line' HDMI cable.

________________________________________

Here are the HDMI 1.3 specs supported by both this cable and its more expensive alternatives.

Maximum signal bandwidth (MHz) 340

Maximum resolution over single link at 48-bit/px 1920×1200p60

sRGB
YCbCr
8 channel LPCM/192 kHz/24-bit audio capability
Blu-ray Disc video and audio at full resolution
Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
DVD-Audio support
Super Audio CD (DSD) support
Deep Color
xvYCC
Auto lip-sync
Dolby TrueHD bitstream capable
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable
Updated list of CEC commands (only on HDMI 1.3a,b,c)
________________________________________

My personal experience: I've never paid 'a lot' for an HDMI cable because it makes no sense to pay more. I took home one of the 'expensive' ones once because the salesman promised to take it back if I wasn't amazed by the difference. It made zero difference and I returned it.
33 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2007
When taking the plunge into the HDMI world, after investing a big chunk of money in an HDTV, it is hard to know if you need the "high priced" cable (read Monster) or a reasonably priced cable that performs exactly the same...this cable works great....picture quality on my LCD HDTV is so life-like, it is addictive to watch..
on May 16, 2011
Bought this cable to replace an "Amazon Basics" cable that was much longer than I needed. Unfortunately, the "ARC" (HDMI audio return channel) feature and Viera features (HDAVI controls) on my Panasonic TV and Panasonic HTiB did not work with this cable or the replacement that United Integral sent me. Both ARC and HDAVI worked fine with the "AmazonBasics" cable. Maybe I got two bad cables here. Maybe the third will be "The Charm"??? Or, maybe this cable just won't support those features but I am obviously dissapointed in it's failure to do so. The company selling it though has been very polite and did not hesitate to send the first replacement. I guess we'll see what happens now???

UPDATE: The company has processed a refund for the item. The rep stated he did not know why it did not function as needed. The cable failed to meet my needs but United Integral has been exceptionally accomodating in trying to rectify the situation. I highly recommend this company. In short, if you need an HDMI cable that supports "ARC" or 3D, make sure the ad for the cable that you are considering states that this is the case. Not all HDMI cables are created equal. Also, Amazon says that you should buy based on stated functionality rather than stated protocol (i.e.- 1.3, 1.4, etc).
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2007
Having purchased both expensive HDMI cables (e.g., $50+ for 3M) and this product (about $10 including shipping for 1M), I can assure you that there is absolutely no difference between the quality of the video output on a 42" Hitachi 1080i. Also, you can rest assured that this product is a fairly heavy duty cable; it's not some flimsy, light weight cable that you might expect at this price point. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this cable, and 1M is ideal for connecting a cable box or DVD player that are typically fairly close to your A/V receiver.
on February 16, 2007
needed a couple of short hdmi cables to make my setup look a little cleaner. ordered these and couldnt be happier. they are very thick and well built cable. hooked both up to my ps3 and passed a 1080p blueray signal to my tv, looked absolutely stunning. dont let the price fool you, these cables are the real deal.
on April 26, 2011
I guess you get what you pay for....

I bought this to connect my Asus Laptop to my Asus monitor. Did not work for this connection, tried a different HDMI cable, it worked immediately. Tried this HDMI cable on my friend's laptop -> TV and it worked right away. Guess it depends on the system.
on March 29, 2007
HDMI is about digital info. These cables do it at least as well as those $100 cables.
on February 10, 2010
In case the other reviews haven't convinced you already: The local retailers, including Walmart, want $25 for a 6-foot HDMI cable simply so they can rip you off. This $4 cable works great. There's nothing "cheap" about it, it'll last longer than your TV.

I ordered what I thought were two different HDMI cables from this same supplier, but both were exactly the same -- despite one being 50 cents more than the other. No matter, both are great, both are MUCH cheaper than the ripoffs in the local stores.

BTW: If you are connecting a Blu-ray player or an unconverting DVD player to a 1080p HDTV, you *will* need one of these cables. If you connect your equipment with regular patch cords -- which is what actually came with my Blu-ray player -- the components will automatically shift to a low-resolution mode. It's not a matter of quality of signal; you will simply be unable to convince the components to work in 1080p at all.
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2007
paid less than $5 for this cable and get an awesome picture. I just can not justify the money for a monster cable. I can not imagine a better picture than I am getting now. Save the money and go with something like this and put that extra money into DVD's...up-convert DVD player..anything.. This is my second cable from thie co and both work great.
on April 4, 2011
I paid for the cable & postage when I ordered the part. It arrived when I was out,
but the USPS left a note to pick up the package & PAY POSTAGE DUE !! I had to drive to the P.O. and pay extra to get this. When I opened the envelope up, it was plain
to see the cable was very cheaply made. They cant even get the postage right, from
Broollyn to Florida. NOT AS ADVERTISED !!! I will never reccomend "Cmple" to any-
one. They advertise a price w/shipping, then screw the buyer.