COFFEE USE? Can this product be used to make coffee if ground coarse like a french press grind? This would make it a nice alternative to the Clever Coffee Dripper.
asked by D. Press-Dawson on September 18, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
124 of 125 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy and no mess, November 3, 2006
By T. Burgess (Tulsa, OK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Adagio Teas 0 16-Ounce Ingenuitea Teapot (Kitchen)
My wife bought one of these when we were vacationing in Eureka Springs a year ago, and I thought it was another gizmo to add to the cupboard. Was I wrong. I started using it more and more, mostly for green tea, and thought it would be good to have one for work as well. So I ordered one from Cooking.com and use it all the time. I just put the tea leaves in the container, add hot water, let it sit for 5 minutes, then set it on top of my cup. The valve on the bottom opens up and the tea pours into the cup, with out the leaves (with the green tea I buy from China, the leaves are full leaves, and I can get another 2 cups out of it, so refilling is easy). The nice thing is, I can use it for coffee as well as black tea. The coffee, especially if you grind your own, tastes so much better. To clean, I just invert in a trash can, and rinse out what's left.
mauserati answered on September 6, 2011
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say the coarse-ness of the grind would be a factor. The finer the grind, the greater is the possibility of gumming-up the filter and valve...TRY IT
art answered on November 9, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product