COMPLETE PREGNANCY FITNESS
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
An efficient, supportive training program for the big day and your new life
Whether you re a regular exerciser who wants to stay fit or newly committed to exercise for your health and your baby s, Hollywood trainer Erin O Brien offers you safe and effective workouts that can take you every step of the way.
This box set includes both of these programs (also sold separately):
PRENATAL FITNESS FIX
While seven months pregnant with her second child, Erin leads you in a 40-minute blend of fat-burning cardio, muscle toning, strength training, and tension-relieving stretches. Also includes a 20-minute partner workout, which Erin demonstrates with her husband, actor James Denton (Desperate Housewives). "This is the one that will make you sweat. It's also amusing and entertaining" Chicago Tribune.
Ease back into exercise with Erin s 3 invigorating progressions. In just 15 minutes a day, rehabilitate your back, abdominals, buttocks, inner thighs, and hips. With a bonus section of gentle first stretches, Erin guides you from the very beginning of your recovery up to one year postpartum.
Erin O Brien has 10 years of experience as a pre/postnatal exercise specialist working in elite fitness clubs in New York City and Los Angeles. She holds several certifications, including one in pre/postnatal training from the Esquerre Fitness Group.
Consult your doctor before attempting these routines or any other fitness program.
Offers ways to reclaim your body with easy-to-modify workouts that pack a strong pre- and post-natal punch. -- Oxygen, November 2007
Top Customer Reviews
1. Erin O'Brien is not irritatingly peppy, but realistic and down to earth. There is very little excess dialogue, which I appreciated. She imparts just the right amount of info and throws in a few extras about physiology and anatomy, which I appreciated. Plus there are water and pee breaks! ( which I really needed)
2. The workout is probably best suited for someone who has done a few classes before and has at least a moderate level of fitness. But I suppose a beginner could simply watch it a few times before attempting if it were a bit too fast paced for them. She adds modifications for times when the heart rate is too high, which is nice. I thought at first it would be too easy for me, but oops. It got me! (in a good way, of course)
3. The workout is complete, I thought, especially given it's timeframe of only 40 minutes. That includes a short stretching session afterwards, which made me feel really good.
4. The production value was great -judicious amount of camera angle changes and fades, making it easy to copy her body mechanics. Simple set-an average, well lit living room. All the props she used were standard furniture. I had to make some small adaptations but all were easily accomplished.
5. Best of all-unobtrusive music, used mostly to provide rhythm. No trendy production, no silly distracting lyrics, just background percussion oriented music at a nice soft volume (Although I really dislike the music that plays for the menu, but that doesn't matter)
OVERALL: I highly recommend this work out video and look forward to using the post-natal DVD as well.
Other reviewers don't like the "homemade" feel of the production, but I do - Erin O'Brien is down to earth (no makeup, incorporates time for water and bathroom breaks), not overly peppy, but still encouraging and upbeat. She's also challenging - I find a lot of these prenatal workouts too coddling, I like being pushed. I found myself in a great mood after finishing this.
I have mentioned this in other reviews of pre- and postnatal workouts, but I have had two very easy pregnancies (so far) and a very easy first delivery and recovery. Two doctors attributed that to my exercise pre-, during, and postpregnancy. I am determined to exercise as much as I can for this pregnancy, too (my little guy seems to like it, too). Mommies to be - get out there and exercise! You will be so grateful you did! This is a great workout to get you going.
O'Brien is very spunky with a unique personality. She's very real and explains things very well. The camera work is a little differnt from standard videos, but I didn't find this distracting but more helpful in making sure I was doing things right. No moves were questionable, and she ofers modified versions of things if you're not quite up to speed yet. She also lets you know what you should and shouldn't do visually, as well for even allowing in bathroom and water breaks.
Intensity for a beginner that's out of shape: crazy! haha, I found that I couldn't even complete it, or keep up with pace my first few times, but this is okay, because I'm improving, getting into shape, and I feel great after the workouts! For those who were nuts about excersing, this may not be as intense but for those who've sat on their computer/couches like me, its great!
Also it has a partner helping routine on this disc, which me and my hubby do together. It is a nice touch I think because it lets daddy get to help in making sure things go great, and bonding of course! Good luck to all those trying to get in shape :D
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is not for anybody who wants to work out seriously. If you are a mom to be and did not work out before you were pregnant and feel like you were a little out of shape this... Read morePublished 18 days ago by Camden
I've only used the 40 minute pre-natal video but I found it easy to follow along and tough enough that I was a little sore the next morning in the thighs.Published 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
MAybe you have to be really fit and have done lots of excercise before you got pregnant, it is difficult, it seems she is in a hurry to finish it and does not take the time to... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Janely Lee Torres
Love this dvd. Short and fun work out. And the lady is fun. Not at all boring.Published 6 months ago by Jamie Weniger
The workout itself is good but it looks like a home video. The production quality is poor and there is horrible lullaby music in the background.Published 7 months ago by Karen83
A workout that is neither too hard nor too easy. I've done it in all three trimesters. Erin is interesting and not annoying like so many fitness video teachers are! Read morePublished 9 months ago by Beth F.
Okay, so the actual prenatal workout threw me for a loop. I was really in shape before my pregnancy, running every day, and it was still really challenging and fast-paced for me. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Kaimi
I couldn't use the prenatal portion as I was put on rest shortly after purchasing it but the postnatal video is great. 3 stages to progress through. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Mom of 2