3,811 Reviews
 (2,772)

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Doctor's shoes.
Published 21 months ago by T. Munson

1.0 out of 5 stars Fix the Sizing Chart, For Crying Out Loud
Published on February 23, 2011 by L. Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10th Doctor's shoes., December 5, 2012
T. Munson (Smyrna, Tn United States) - See all my reviews
Yeah, I'm a dork. I only bought these unbleached Chucks because they are the same ones worn by Doctor Who. Love em'! Look out for the sizing if you have wider feet. I ordered a half size larger than I usually wear because Converse always smash my pinky toes on the sides. The size of Chucks that I can wear comfortably always end up having the rubber toe cap extend beyond my toes...so basically the rubber end is empty, but they don't feel too big, but just right and they look fine on me. Now I just need to work on that Doctor Who hairstyle. Ha!

*UPDATE: These ARE REAL Converse, no matter what other reviewers say. I noticed that the sole and patch did not have the circle "R" trademark stamp and I did call the company afraid I might have gotten fakes. The rep said they dropped the "R" on Chucks a while back and they do have Converse made in Vietnam, Indonesia and China also. Plus, I've been buying Chucks for like 26yrs and they have never had a "cushioned insole". They are always flat, hard...that's just the way they are.

Why the heck would someone put "Made in Indonesia" on a tag if they were trying to "fake" an American product? Hello? Duh. Don't freak out, peeps. The canvas is normal quality, the star patch is tight and crystal clear and the rubber sole IS normal. They are legit! I looked into it because I don't want fake Chucks either. Do some research before giving bad reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars These were just the right shoes for my daughter!, December 20, 2013
I bought these for my daughter for her birthday this year. She asked for some black converse shoes size 8 1/2....after reading other comments about these shoes I found out that 1)they are sized in MEN's sizes and 2)they run large....so someone mentioned that they bought them in 2 sizes smaller than what you would normally buy for a women's size; and thats what I did. I ordered them in a size 6 and I was crossing my fingers that they would fit her just right because I hate returning and exchanging things! She was soooo excited to get them and then when she tried them on they fit PERFECTLY! YAY! So happy with them! Just wish they would have said something in the description about the size adjustments for women instead of having to search through comments and reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Size is off, January 21, 2012
I love these shoes and have owned many Chuck Taylor Converse shoes for 30 years. I did forget that when getting this shoe I must order a size smaller than my regular shoe size. This can be frustrating when ordering shoes online, so don't forget to order 1size down :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wellll...., February 4, 2013
All of time and space and I haven't met a converse shoe I didn't like. These are brilliant these are.

4.0 out of 5 stars the only shoe...ever made., September 15, 2007
"Chucks" are the only shoes that have ever existed. Ever since 1923, Chuck Taylor All-Stars have been "just a piece of rubber and canvas"- they haven't changed one bit from the sands of time. These shoes are devilishly simple, and customizable in every way. Everyone may be wearing Chucks these days, but you can still make them your own. There are so many ways- what color would you like? One of the core colors- black and white? Monochrome black? White? Red? Green? Blue? Pink? How about the latest pattern or print? Every year Converse also pumps out new seasonal colors, and different styles such as double-tongued shoes, "tear-aways", faded looking ones, everything. You can buy different color laces or you can go crazy with a Sharpie and draw up some art all over your shoes. And for something seemingly so flimsy, they're pretty durable. My shoes have withstood countless running and hitting the asphalt, games of soccer, basketball, jumping from everywhere, the basic abuse a teen can dish out to his feet. Granted, they may not be too comfortable at first, but once your feet gets used to them, well, you don't even notice you're wearing them anymore. Nevertheless, it does have some setbacks, but if you look at modern shoes, you can see the differences in design. But for something from over 3/4 of a century ago, you've got to admit they're pretty darn impressive. The skinny:

PROS

-customizable in any way- laces can be easily replaced and be done up in any pattern you wish

-look great with anything and everything; the unisex casual sneaker that will even draw you the occasional compliment from coworkers or friends.

-lightweight compared to most shoes of today

-so many colors- from your basic core colors (black, red, green, blue, white, or pink) to different designs (60s tie dye, camo, skulls, flames, etc.)

-also different kinds of shoes- from the classics to the newer double uppers, tear-aways (shoes with two layers of canvas, and some parts are already torn away to show the brighter underlayer), double-tongued, and also DIFFERENT MATERIALS like leather or suede.

CONS

-the color fades; especially in the harsh sun. My navy blue Taylors have been bleached to the color of very faded blue denim.

-the rubber parts of the shoe can get dirty rather quickly, but are easily cleanable.

-overall the shoe is pretty comfortable, but not recommended for prolonged running or a whole day on the boardwalk. It depends a lot on the shape of your foot- if your feet are flat, you'll find that these shoes are a match made in heaven. Otherwise you may have some issues, but not so bad they're unwearable.

-I don't know what it is about it, but they make your feet look bigger than they really are.

-NOT TO BE USED AS A SKATE SHOE. Converse shoes are made from canvas, which won't give you any mercy from runaway boards, and they do NOT have adequate cushioning on the top, bottom, or sides for such an activity.

NOTE: BUY A HALF-SIZE SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU'RE AIMING FOR. A Converse size 10 is, in reality, a 10 1/2.

ANOTHER NOTE: If this bothers you, then you should know. Chucks are no longer manufactured in the USA. They are now outsourced to other countries, mostly China. Your Chucks won't be falling apart on you or anything, but know that Converse is now a subsidiary of Nike, a company known to use sweatshop labor to make their shoes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fix the Sizing Chart, For Crying Out Loud, February 23, 2011
I know chucks have weird sizing, and so a women's 8 is a men's 6 and so forth, but the size chart given here is idiotic. There are literally about 50 different sizes listed in the item details, with M(D) and all sorts of other inscrutable nomenclature next to each size. Maybe this reseller should take a hint from the converse website which has SIZE/CONVERSE SIZE (women's 8/converse 6) so the customer can have a chance of ordering the right size.

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel like a time lord already...., October 30, 2008
Jennifer Sopchockchai (Dover, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these specifically for a Doctor Who Halloween costume, and they are perfect; the color in particular is very striking. I also plan to wear them long after Halloween, for time travel, saving the world, and everything in between.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Chucks are cool, July 12, 2007
The shoes are great for casual dress where you would normally need a pair of black shoes. They look sharp. They are well made and as comfortable as any other chuck shoe. They breathe well through the vents. All in all a good buy.
An important note, they seem to run a bit large. I wear an 11 in mens, they arrived at about 11 1/2, and now as they are breaking in they are about an 11 3/4- 12. I've read others saying the same thing. Buy a half size smaller than you would usually wear.
But still a cool shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, December 2, 2012
Was shipped right away! Arrived promptly and my husband is going to love getting them for Christmas! Item was exactly what was shown

4.0 out of 5 stars Love em'!, April 26, 2013
These are my KICKS! I wear them every summer with pretty much everything, button down tops and/or tees, shorts and jeans. They are classic. I always get a Men's 7 I am a Ladies 9 and they fit well. I do insert insoles for support as these guys are flat as flat can. Shipping took longer than I would have liked. About a full week and a couple of days.

Rate and Discover Movies