Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: COOPER WIRING DEVICES INC #BP1008 Button Flasher
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 23, 2011
Here's how we use the button flasher, or a light winker.

When we go away in the winter, we tell neighbors to call us if a light in any part of our house is blinking at night. We plug a lamp with a 40W incandescent bulb in it along with the button flasher into a winter watchman thermostat, via an extension cord that allows us to place the lamp close to a window where it is easily visible from the street. This thermostat is plugged into an INTERIOR wall socket and set to trigger if the house temperature drops below 45 degrees. A blinking light is very noticeable and thus gives a neighbor time to check for, or to arrange for checking of, proper operation of the heating system of our home and to take any corrective steps needed.

If you intend to use these as we do, get a couple extra 40 W incandescent bulbs now for future use, before they disappear from the market because of recent legislation. I'm not sure they will work well with fluorescents, which need a warm up cycle. I haven't tested operation with fluorescents.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 7, 2012
I bought two of these flashers a while back. They were both individually packaged, but one came through with the outer plastic case separated in two pieces, so I epoxied the halves back together and it works as it should, but they are indeed very cheaply made. I noticed that there is about a 10-second delay before the light will even turn on when first energized, while these warm up and then begin to flash. The flash rate is pretty fast, so when working it will most definitely get noticed, but it kind of looks to me like something you might find flashing outside a house of ill repute. These buttons were a snug fit for a standard Edison base socket, but a little push with a wooden dowel and it went in and bottomed out in the socket, so the bulb could screw down enough to make contact. These flashers work as described, but if they weren't so cheaply made, I probably would have given them another star.
on September 3, 2009
This product was purchased to be installed in an outdoor sign to flash a lightbulb. This sign runs about 12 hours a day and has been in operation for about two months, it flashes about every second and hasn't missed a beat. I would recommend this product and the price was right.
on October 31, 2013
We bought a package of bulb flashers to use in a project at our local museum. 2 come in a package. Followed the directions and used only a 60 watt bulb in a ventilated space. The first one worked great for 1/2 year at 4 hours per day and only 4 days per week. Then it worked now and then and finally quit all together. Taking it out of the socket, it was completely charred and destroyed. Surprised it didn't catch on fire! Decided to lower the wattage to 40 watts and went to get the 2nd one out of the package. The plastic housing was cracked on both sides and fell apart before it was ever out of the package. This product is plain old cheap junk! We'd have paid 4 times the cost for a product that actually was worth a darn. The clue should have been the letting across the front--"made in China." Too bad because the concept is neat and the use would have been perfect. Certainly wouldn't want one of these things in my house for Christmas tree lights! Can ya spell "Fire Insurance Claim!"
on September 20, 2011
Received the order promply, open the package and removed both buttons. Well they fell apart in my hands.Had to tape the two halfs to hold them together.
on December 24, 2010
i got this thing and put it in a socket and it works perfectly just as advertised . I use this instead of a flasher on a electric fence charger . It makes the fence charge alternate on and off . Yep , it works for me and i am very satisfied .
on June 26, 2015
Both buttons had cracks in them
on June 2, 2011
I bought some of these to create flashing pumpkins at halloween. They work as advertised. I used them for 2 weeks burning all night. No failures, I expect to use them again next year.
on March 1, 2011
The flasher worked for a TV studio's on-air sign to notify student when something was being taped - the flasher made the sign noticeable. Simple to install.
on March 15, 2014
good merchandise at good price

See 1 answered question