Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on July 25, 2012
I'm Shizuko, I'm a young artist (14 soon to be 15 if you're wondering how young) in advanced art classes and I'm always looking for the best art products. I draw well with a mouse but I had been on a hiatus from digital art and decided to improve on traditional. My pends that I previously had (normal dollar store 0.1-1.6 pens) were WAY to thick to get neat line art. When I saw these I heard quite a bit of good things about them, so I tried them out. I'm not disappointed at all. :3 My advice is be very gentle with the smaller tips (0.03 & 0.05 most) other wise you'll wear them down too much or break them. When thickening lines try using the next size up pen so you don't get a rough look unless you have a really steady hand. The ink is a very good black and works great when I use watercolours, it doesn't get wet and get messy on water contact. If you're travelling make sure to put them in a safe place, they're a bit delicate. The lines are crisp and dark, so they're perfect for my manga drawings.
Don't expect all of them to have brush tips, only the BS and BM sized ones in this set have the brush tip. The others are normal nubs. If you are using the salt texture technique on watercolours make sure ALL the salt is gone before putting this pen on the paper for signatures or corrections ect. otherwise the tip will get a bit dry. Don't leave the caps off even if you'll only be gone for a little while. Over-all the pens are definitely worth their price and got to my house shortly. They work great and have a long life span if you know how to treat your supplies correctly. Definitely don't give them to little children though. The ink runs smoothly and the strokes feel nice against the paper, other pens I've had are kind of rough on strokes. Definitely a great buy.
(Another tip: If you're using coloured pencils and don't like super dark lines use the smallest ones and make very light strokes.)
review image
0Comment78 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
Copic pens are very easy to control, as opposed to nib pens. The lines come out neat and crisp. The fine tip pens really are as fine as I'd hoped. I tried a cheaper set of pens I found that were supposedly the same sizes, but the lines came out fatter. While they had a darker black, as an aspiring manga artist, I really need the thin crispness that these Copic pens never fail to produce.
0Comment71 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2011
All I can say is that any serious artist that inks works would be doing themselves a favor by purchasing these pens, or at least Copic inking pens.
They are the ONLY pens that don't bleed with Prisma / Copics, and I'm sure if they don't bleed for those, I'll be good to go with watercolors!
They're expensive, but you get what you pay for! I love them! (Especially that .03 pen, so many fine details can be added to a tiny drawing!)
0Comment62 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
I just adore this set of pens, the lines are so smooth and crisp which work perfectly for my cartooning and anime expecially when i use markers to color them. I highly recommend buying this; it's made my art look ten times better. The varying sizes of the pens is very useful and adds dimention to my pictures.
0Comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
Three years ago, I started manually inking my art. However, I felt that there were no better pens than the Sakura Micron variety. Please, don't get me wrong- they are great pens, but I wanted more.

Always wanting to try Copic products, and with little money to do so, I ordered these pens and was amazed. They come in all the sizes you need (my favorites being 0.5, 0.3, and Small Brush), and the best part is- they are affordable.

The Copic Standard Multiliner has a plastic body and holds a good amount of ink. The nibs are durable and do not leak. They are perfect for any manga, comic, or any other type of artist out there that wishes to move past the stand-alone pencil.

The pens come in a quality flex-plastic case that is held closed with a button.

Order these!
0Comment54 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2010
I love these pens and have been using them frequently ever since i got them about a year ago. The range of thickness of the nibs means you don't have to go over lines over and over to create the line thickness you want. Whenever people see me using these pens they are amazed by good they are. Ive been asked numerous times where I got them, and gotten many jealous looks as well. Sadly, after a year of abuse, and i mean a lot of abuse, a couple of them are running out of ink and the brush pens are getting frayed at the end. I plan on buying the same set again because these are REALLY great pens i don't know what id do without them!
11 comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2011
I bought these for my husband for Christmas. He was inking a 32-page comic for a submission deadline and he needed to be able to work accurately and precisely. These markers did the job.

Just for some background, art is his is passion and he's gone through just about every brand you can think of. It was a hard decision to make, but I opted for the 9 pack since he really wanted the brush tips and I couldn't find another reliable brand with a small one. He loves the fact that the tips don't fray as much as others and the color is very sharp.

The only minor complaint is that he wishes the brush tip came in just a size smaller. He compares the quality to Microns and while he doesn't prefer one over the other, he gave these markers a definite 5 stars.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2012
I waited awhile to write this view, to give me ample time to review this fairly. Here's what I've found:

Pros:
Glides on smoothly making dense as well as fine lines with ample precision(though not as well as with Sakura Micron pens). Packaging and array of sizes is really nice and convenient, especially to throw in a canvas bag and go about your day, able to take them out and use wherever. Though it doesn't improve the quality of the performance, I also really liked the sparkly gunmetal plastic they were made from. The big ones BM and BS work very well for filling in large dark areas, I really loved those.

Cons:
Initially I was really impressed with these and really, really, really, really wanted to love them, as Copic gets such a good reputation and seems to be the brand of choice. However, they did not hold up to what I expected from them. I found the nibs on them were a bit on the weak, wobbly side after a few times of heavy use. For the record I am not one to put a lot of weight on them, so I know it isn't from undue physical exertion. They seem to take wear and tear relatively poorly. Also, the small ones 0.5 and 0.3 run out very, very, very quickly. I've dried them out making about two 8X11 heavily inked pieces. While this is all to be expected with use, I have years of using Sakura Micron pens to contrast them with. Sakura ones in my experience can take a lot of use and abuse and take quite awhile to run dry, they have superior nibs and metal reinforcement around the nibs and perform all around better. I was able to get a much more precise and delicate line with Sakura Microns than with Copics. The copics tended to want to always make thick heavy lines unless I went a size smaller than normal. For example, if I usually got the detail I wanted with a Sakura size 0.5, I had to use a copic 0.3 to achieve the same effect.

Conclusion:
Not the worst and they work well enough if you're not detail oriented. However, if you want delicate precise lines and no bleeding or heavy lines, do yourself a favor and go get a set of Sakura Microns. I'm going back to them and won't be back for Copic anytime soon. A pity because I really wanted to love these. :(
on August 5, 2015
I needed thin markers for outlining and these are perfect. They're smooth and I really like how there's a variety of sizes. The only problem is the brushes are hard to use, but that's probably just because I've had no practice with them.
I added a photo so you can see the difference in the sizes. I compared them with what I was using before, a Sharpie pen. I don't think I'll ever use anything under the 0.1, but they might come in handy one day.
review image
on August 22, 2011
I'm total novice, but. I love these pens, except . . . I don't think the 0.1 pen ever worked. Either that or you gotta recap these really quick. I don't know.