4.0 out of 5 stars Case protects camera very well
Satisfied with the case.

Pros:
-The case protects my Nex 5N very well
-Opens easily and quickly
-Detachable body portion can be kept on to protect the camera without the lens protection.
-Inner lining is very soft and I expect it to prevent scratches.

Cons:
-Very fitted, it will not allow any space to hold the flash or any...
Published on October 11, 2011 by Christopher Vu

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great, until it broke a week later.
Published on February 7, 2012 by Samuel Huang

4.0 out of 5 stars Case protects camera very well, October 11, 2011
Christopher Vu (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: COSMOS Brown Leather Case Cover Bag For Sony NEX-5 NEX5 18-55mm Lens Camera + Cosmos cable tie (Camera)
Satisfied with the case.

Pros:
-The case protects my Nex 5N very well
-Opens easily and quickly
-Inner lining is very soft and I expect it to prevent scratches.

Cons:
-Very fitted, it will not allow any space to hold the flash or any accessories
-The screw(large round black thing with 2 small buttons around it) that attaches from the case to the tripod receptacle does not fit very well because of the inner-lining of the case. You have to screw it in pretty hard to get it close and even then, there is a small amount of space. Just a minor gripe that bothers the crap out of me.

Conclusion:
-Will probably be using my CaseCrown sling bag ([...])and Sling Strap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DPOTXG) more often because I can have my flash. But I'll keep this case for other things.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was great, until it broke a week later., February 7, 2012
I got this case because there were quite a few good reviews on this item and I like the fact that this looks like the real Sony case, but is way cheaper in price. When I got it, I really did like it. It fit my NEX-5N very well. The material it's made of is pretty nice and the interior is soft. Like others have said, it does not allow you to keep the flash installed but you can use the lens hood if you reverse it for storage.

A week after I got it, one of the buttons on the case completely broke off and I was not able to fix it as it broke in such a way that was unfixable. Luckily, Amazon allowed me to return it and hopefully they issue my refund as soon as they get it.

I'm not sure if this will be the case with all these cases and it's quite possible that my case may have been defective, but I don't think I want to take the chance again and order another. Instead, I'll be ordering something else this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, March 19, 2012
i bought this case a month ago, it is a very good camera case for 20 dollars. i recommend it to all nex users

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, June 27, 2013
I would recommend this case to ANYONE looking for an inexpensive camera bag that provides quick, easy access to one's camera while providing exceptional protection from day-to-day wear and tear as well as dust/debris. I have had this case for 8 months, used daily and I have not had any issues with the snaps as another reviewer stated.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brown, not black, May 24, 2013
The picture advertised on Amazon makes the case look black. At least that's what I was expecting, the case I received was brown.

Color aside, I intend to return this case because I don't think it fits the camera well. It fits okay, but not tight like a glove or some other camera cases I've had in the past. In its defense, the NEX 5r probably is not the easiest camera to build a case for, but I still think they could have done better.

Also, while it fits the 18-55mm lens, it does not fit it well if you use the lens hood, though It can be reasonably forced over the top if you don't want to remove the lens hood every time.

For anyone using filters, the case has enough room in the front of the 18-55mm lens to also accommodate at least two filters. (I tried with a UV + small polarizer). Assuming you still need the hood with all that, I was still able to force the case over it all, though it was starting to get pretty tight.

On my scale, the case I received adds an additional 158g (5.6oz) to the camera which for perspective weighs about 486g (17.1oz) (18-55mm lens included).

The case not having a space for the flash is what originally drew me to buying it verses some other similar cases because I don't use the flash anyway and really wanted it to pack as small as possible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item description is false, it is not leather, November 9, 2012
Disappointed with dishonest item listing title, which states COSMOS Brown Leather Case Cover Bag For Sony NEX-5. Case material is not leather but PU - Polyurethane as stated the detail description. Gave away the case due to funky smell.

Pros:
- Cool retro look
- Fits the Nex 5N well

Cons:
- Item description is bogus, not a leather case!
- No space to hold the flash when it is installed

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, August 20, 2012
This is a gorgeous leather case that adds style and sophistication to an already trendy product from Sony. I highly recommend it for those who want a case with functionality and fashion sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, May 20, 2012
I have an NEX 5n, and this bag fits almost perfectly. Quality is very good, and looks very cool! so, no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, May 17, 2012
This is an awesome case for the money. I got Sony NEX 5N and it fits very nicely. I like the material as well, doesn't feel cheap. Not as good as Sony's own case, but this is 3 times cheaper and nice as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit snug as mentioned in other reviews, May 11, 2012
2toy "2Toy" (San Ramon, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Got this for my Sony nex 5n, and based on prior reviews, I thought this would fit a little too snug with the nex 5n with 18-55mm lense. As it turns out, it does not.
There's a bit of a room and I'm worried it's too loose in the case. I didn't attach the flash on the camera though, not sure if that would make any difference. Looks ok for the price, but will have to break it in when I travel this summer.