Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on July 3, 2013
While using this cable to copy downloaded content from my PS3 to my Vita, the copy process would either stall completely or remaining time would shoot up to ridiculous levels, such as 200+ minutes for a 3GB file that took <10 minutes with the stock cable.

Additionally, the connector is a bit larger than the stock cable, making the connection tighter. I had to slighty force the Vita connection -- surely with a good deal more force than the standard cable, making me worry about potentially damaging the Vita's connector with continued use.

It does charge the Vita, so perhaps this cable is good enough for use with the Vita dock. Haven't tested that yet, though.
on July 22, 2015
Sadly, this cable lasted only a couple of months before it stopped working completely. It was always cared for and never abused, so this was a pretty big disappointment.

I would steer clear of this one. Wish I would have paid the few extra bucks for the genuine Sony.
on October 13, 2014
As others have said, the connector is too tight. I've had it for 10 months and it has died on me. I would never use it directly into the vita only into the vita dock which worked great until it died. Debating if it was worth the cost for me or not.
on August 28, 2013
Purchasing this cable in a brick and mortar store makes sense if you simply need to own it NOW and you cannot wait to have it. This is a fine quality product, is 100% compatible with the PS Vita, and does its job well. Amazon's pricing makes buying it over the Internet the more logical and affordable choice. I'm very happy with this sale.
on February 20, 2013
I use my Vita a lot, at various locations and found it was a pain to have to be home to charge my handheld. So I decided to get this and a charging unit to be able to charge and sync from my office. This fits snugly into the original AC adaptor, charges and syncs with zero issues. This is a quality product, the cable is about the same thickness gauge wire as in the original OEM usb cable provided with the Vita so no worries about it breaking anytime soon.
on August 24, 2013
I read another review that stated the cable seems a little tough to plug in and unplug from the Vita. I agree, when plugging this thing in it seems like it's not fitted correctly compared to the Official Playstation one. This cable still gets the job done, just be careful when connecting and disconnecting from your system. Great alternative that gets the job done, just a little nervous about the input on the Vita with this cable.
on August 19, 2013
Plugged it right in, and it worked the way it was supposed to. I use this cord for syncing with content manager on the Vita and also to charge my Vita. It's actually not different at all from the cord that came with my Vita.
on March 13, 2013
It works as advertised. I connected my PS Vita to my PS3 with this and the PS3 gave on-screen instructions to initiate file transfer. I navigated through the required menus on the PS Vita to select what I wanted to transfer and the files transfered, no problem. While it was connected it powered the PS Vita and charged the battery.
on December 5, 2014
Great economical solution for a back-up charger, solid 4 out of 5 star product considering how expensive Sony OEM cables are.
Not as good as OEM cable for USB data transfer, which is not my reason for purchasing this.
Connector head is a tiny bit larger than OEM but does fit, just requires attention & care.
on December 5, 2012
Good cheap cable.
Does what the OEM cable does but is cheaper.

Only Con is that it does not plug in as smooth as the OEM, feels like a tighter fit, but maybe I just have to break it in.