Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on March 18, 2014
I found this set after visiting the Children's Museum in Chicago with my kids. The museum has an area of pre-drilled boards, bolts, screws and tools to make all sorts of things using your imagination. My 7 and 2 year old found this particular area fascinating. I was on a mission to find something similar in a much smaller scale for Christmas. I found this on the internet and thought it would be perfect. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. It's a nice concept however most of the pieces are not drilled correctly. The screws slide right through the piece of wood, there is no need for the screwdriver provided, defeating the purpose. The bolts and screws do not tighten and therefore building anything is nearly impossible. I hate to say this but it was a complete waste of my money.
on November 28, 2012
Purchased a set for my 4-year old son. He was able to build with it immediately, and continued to enjoy using the pieces for nearly 5 years. Pieces are very sturdy, but one long wooden piece was eventually broken when used as a lever to move the couch. My son enjoyed being able to build aeroplanes with spinning parts rather than just stacking and cross-supporting as with Lincoln Logs and wood blocks. This set is good because little hands can tighten the nuts even without tools, and the parts are big enough to see well. Some young kids don't have the manual dexterity that Erector sets require until much later.
on November 3, 2013
The best thing I have found so far in these type of toys. I purchased for my four year old son and he really likes building with them. They are pretty good quality- I think they will last many years and are easy for my son to do. Many of the cards are fairly challenging, even though it means I have to help my son decipher the cards right now, it also means when he gets older it will still be challenging for him. For the most part he just makes his own things, which does not require any help at all. I ordered two sets because I wanted him to have enough to build lots of things and honestly you would be fine with one set. They have quite a bit. In hindsight I would probably only buy one box due to the amount it comes with, but I like them a lot so I wont be returning the second box. The only negative thing I will say is when building a couple of the nuts/blocks have too thin of a thread and so you can't really tighten it down super tight. This is only on a couple of them, but it is annoying when you are building, that's why I gave it four stars. For the price and quality this toy is well worth it, and hard to find anything like it that is this good. (I did a ton of reviews on all the melissa and doug/ plastic versions and this was the one I picked and I am really glad I did.)
on July 17, 2014
This toy comes with cards depicting different structures that can be built using pieces from the set. On one side of each card, it shows the picture of the structure and on the other, it uses pictures of the different pieces needed as well as the number of each piece required. There are four different sizes of screws but it is difficult to tell from the picture which screw they're referring to. An adult can eventually get the structure assembled with some trial and error, but our five-year-old son gets frustrated by it. Additionally, it isn't clear what the structure is that some of the cards are depicting. They are labeled, but the label is in Chinese...not so helpful to this Missouri girl. Lastly, the pieces are colorful and appear to be well made until I discovered that some of the pieces are not threaded properly so screws cannot be secured tightly to other pieces. This would be a great toy if those things were fixed.
on November 15, 2014
I bought this last Christmas. It would have been I very nice toy if it had not the following two problems:

1. The thread of in the blocks and some nuts are so poorly done that the screw slips right in. You are unable to tighten any bolt, it will slip most of the time right out of the blocks!

2. The bolt heads are not well glued to the screw. The result is that if you find a nut with a good thread the bold will separate from the head.
on May 2, 2014
The kit was missing pieces. The bolts did not thread correctly - they did not hold the pieces together. The direction/picture cards were very hard to follow and frustrating for adults and children.
on January 1, 2013
If you have kids who enjoy Legos, Lincoln Logs and Erector sets, this is pretty good. There are a bunch of sample project pictures included without a lot of hand-holding. If there's any negative, it's that the "screws" all come in different lengths that don't necessarily correspond to the color of the head; it makes it tough to color-match screws on opposing sides of projects. Otherwise, the craftmanship and finish are great on these, with no sharp edges or splinters, and pieces all match up nicely.
on February 2, 2014
The nuts don't tighten on the bolts. They almost get tight and then just spin and spin without getting tight. Also, some of the structures can't be built properly using the instructions provided. My kids were frustrated.
on March 15, 2013
My two-year-old loves it. He likes to play with my tools, and this gives him some of his own, so I can have mine back. There's a slotted piece that he calls a "thingamajig", and that fascinates him.
on December 28, 2012
A little difficult to pull the right screw sizes and see the entire design on the instruction cards provided. I still think it is great though.