on March 5, 2013
This is the first time I have bought battery storage cases. I bought these in February to carry batteries for my flashlight and holographic sight in separate cases since they take different sizes. A few points about the cases:
1) I bought the blue cases, would have liked the color to be a little lighter, would prefer clear to see the size batteries easier;
2) On point number 1, the lids do have a flat section on the lid to attach a label or use a Sharpie pen;
3) The hinge on the lids don't look to be very sturdy, time will tell;
4) The cases have tongue and groove to attach the cases to one another, but you cannot open the lids when they are attached, the easiest thing is to detach the case you want to open.
5) When storing 4 CR123A batteries, the batteries get tight and the first one is hard to remove. So I store 3 in one case. AA and AAA are no problem.
So I give these cases 4 stars, but I would recommend these cases because the price is right and you get 5 cases that you can keep in different places separately or connect 2 or more together.
on August 29, 2013
Bought these to hold my rechargeable batteries when not in use. As other reviews have mentioned, these are a bit rough looking, and I'm unsure how they'd hold up if you were to use these in a bag where they'd be knocked around constantly. Overall, for the price, I am mostly satisfied.

However, and this is a major downfall for what I was planning on using these for. Batteries WILL NOT FIT if inserted positive end down. Common use for these types of cases is to insert charged batteries positive end up, and discharged batteries negative end up. So, if you use this 'system' to keep track, it will not work.
on April 7, 2014
I have a ditch bag in my rig in case of a breakdown, that's exactly where these are going! I just filled 2 of them with 123's and a third with AAA's. As others have said the 123's fit a little snug, but the case is designed so they cannot drop all the way to the bottom and be impossible to get out I seriously wish I would have ordered more! I only need 3 AA batts for my Wx radio, so I shouldn't need to worry about running out.
They can mount front to back on each other if you want them all in one place. The lids seem to snap tight. As a worry wort I will put a rubber band on them just in case. With the solid plastic of the blue ones I purchased I think I'll use Track Tape ("Scotch 256") available here on Amazon or your local music gear store to label them.
on August 8, 2014
Excellent product for the price. Got several for my wife for her flash batteries and several for me for my flashlight and optic batteries. The one down side is I did not notice the quantity... I wanted ten (10) cases so put that in the quantity for the cart. Didn't realize that each "1" included 5 cases. Ended up with 50 of these suckers... Ah well...
on May 20, 2014
Bought as an experiment while looking for battery storage cases long enough to fit 14500 protected lithium ion batteries. These are NOT what is needed. Too short internally for the 14500s which are about 1/8" or 3mm longer than standard AA batteries. These do have external male and female molded details so that they can be attached together in multiple piece blocks.
on May 1, 2014
I think it'd be rather obvious but its something to consider if you want to store AAA in these in an EDC or a backpack or anything. There will be some noise with them rolling and rattling around inside. Otherwise its a nice storage case and works well. Haven't tested the waterproof ability but it appears to be a nice and tight seal.

For me, they were worth the investment.
on November 9, 2013
Well my first impression is: "awesome" I have two other types of battery cases and these are my favorite so far with the design. I missed that they can stack together. I plan to buy another set. I give it only 4 stars because I feel at the hinge of the plastic that it will break off with repeated use. Even so I think they will still be usable and for the price you would not complain.
on December 24, 2013
A little bit of an awkward fit for the cr123 batteries, but they did fit and it will securely close with a little work. Definitely don't expect it to be watertight but it will keep them secure and easy to find in a backpack. Wont open if they're attached together, but they easily slide apart when needed. Overall I'm happy
on March 7, 2013
Will work for my intended use (storing extra batteries in my camera case). Interesting note, the cases mate with each other along the long side behind the opening. In the package, all the cases were connected into one block of space. In my use case, this is not a benefit, but if you were storing a lot of batteries an a space where you didn't need them flat, you could configure these cases into a storage brick with each lid exposing only 4 batteries.

Seller should add a pic to show.
on March 17, 2014
The battery holders are exactly as described. I purchased these to hold spare batteries for electronics in my rucksack. They are not air/watertight (as they were not intended to be), but they do lock together, which is very useful.