Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 22, 2014
These batteries are very cheap when compared to what you'd pay in a store. They are cheap because they barely carry a charge. I use them in my Fitbit Zip and they immediately prompt a low battery signal from the Zip upon insertion. I should have known that the price was too good to be true. Oh well.
44 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
I'd give these a negative 5 stars if able.

I agree with another reviewer...I also received OLD, nearly dead batteries dated 2006.
Back of package CLEARLY states "2006". When I wrote to complain, I received a quite snotty reply from seller saying "the box they come in says 2011" (obvious lie), and that "new batteries are good from 10-15yrs". Yeah, tell that to my car's key-fob I tried it in!
Upon usage of one of the "new" 2006 batteries in my car's key-fob...it was almost dead. Fob would only work 5-6 ft away from car, and only after pressing the button several times. Bought a NEW GENERIC battery for my fob from a local store, and it once again works from over 20 ft away....flawlessly.
You just have to ask yourself "Why are they selling 5 batteries for $4, when the stores want more than that for just one?" In this case....evidently because they need to move OLD STOCK. Ever see batteries in any store stamped with a manufacturers date 5 yrs old? I haven't.
I was blind in my thinking that Amazon surely wouldn't sell old batteries...BUT evidently Amazon doesn't have quite the control over their "marketplace seller" items as they do over their own items.

Amazon listed 3 sellers for this item at time I purchased, and I in no way mean ALL SELLERS are selling old stock. The one I purchased from did. I purchased from JMD-BATTERIES. And will never do so again.

Do yourself a favor and BEFORE opening package, check the manufacture date. It's my belief that anyone selling batteries manufactured 5 yrs ago, should use some truth in advertising, and at the VERY LEAST, note "old stock".
on December 5, 2011
I was excited to find these batteries for such a low price, but was disappointed when one of them went out after only a couple of uses in my Kandle. I went to the packaging and realized that these batteries were made in 2006. Lesson learned. I'll buy my batteries in a physical store from now on.
on January 16, 2012
If the year was 2006 these batteries would be "Brand New & Guaranteed Factory Fresh."

"The shelf life on Energizer batteries is 5 to 10 years." Wonderful! Manufactured in 2006, so they're either already dead or on their way to the grave.

Not even going to bother with a return.

Purchased from JMD-BATTERIES.
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2013
I use these batteries for my FitBit Zip. The original battery that came with the FitBit lasted 4 months + 10 days. The battery I replaced it with, from one of these packs that I purchased on Amazon lasted only 2 months + 3 days.
Good thing these are so cheap or I would be pretty upset. When I run out of these I will probably shop for a battery that is fresher, and lasts longer.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2014
Boy am I ever sorry I wasted any money on these! I purchased these batteries and they had no dates on them. . .I was assured that they were fresh and would last between 7 and 10 years. I put one of them in my FitBit and it lasted two weeks. (Note that the factory supplied battery lasted 3 months.) I bought two at Target today and expect they ARE good and will last for 6 months and I paid about $6. If I used all 5 of these they would last me 10 weeks - still shy of the 12 weeks I expect out of one of the other ones. I won't be buying anymore of these.
on February 26, 2014
These are supposed to last 4-6 months with normal use in my device. I am having to change them every week. I don't know if this is related to the product or the seller, but I won't be purchasing this product from this source again.
on May 29, 2014
These batteries die very quickly. I bought these for my fitbit. The Energizer batteries I bought at Target lasted 6 monhts. I am replacing this battery every three weeks.
on July 3, 2015
My opinion is these are either "Knockoffs" of Eveready batteries or they are old batteries repackaged in knock off cheaply made packaging. Where they dead when I go them? No but very low or med to low. I took them to a volt meter and they where 3.08 volts to 3.1 volts just enough to run things for a bit but most likely will go dead in a short amount of time. I like to show in my photos that the packaging looks very fake its not the colored logo and slick packaging from Eveready or like in the description photo. Not the logo I got was only in black and white and the packaging was very cheap feeling so was the printing of the logo. So I believe what they are now doing is repackaging the old out dated batteries to make them look like they are newer when they are old batteries. Typical Chinese counterfeiting this is so wrong and we need to stop them from this scam..
review image
on November 26, 2014
These batteries were a great price and arrived with reasonable expiration dating. I put one in my FitBit Zip and it lasted less than a month. A new battery like this one purchased in a retail store typically lasts six months in the FitBit. Do not buy these if you need to rely on them in a garage door or car key remote. They will disappoint you and die when you need them!