Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Size: Single UnitChange

on July 28, 2011
I have used the CRC disc brake quiet now for maybe 25 years. I've always been concerned with brake pad vibration, which translates to noise/squeal. The CRC, if used properly will dampen most of the vibration (along with the proper hardware). I can not recall the last customer who has complained of brake squeal, and I do quite a few brake jobs every week. Good stuff!

p.s. I really would like it if they made the stuff in black, though...
55 comments17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
I have been doing my own brake jobs for 20 years now. Up until the last brake job, I have always applied this product to the back of the pads and the rim of the caliper pistons. The brake job I did recentely consisted of pads, rotors and hardware for all 4 wheels. The two pads for the front wheels contained a teflon or kevlar layer that is supposed to eliminate brake squeal, so I didn't apply this product to the front. I did apply the product to the pads in the back that did not have the kevlar layer. Guess what? I had a squeal coming from both front wheels when I would apply the brakes lightly at slow speeds. This was the first time it's EVER happened. I researched the issue on the internet and found out the problem is harmonic squealing... in theory similar to the vibrations that a violin makes. The solution is to dampen the sound and this product works better than any other available solution (including those teflon/kevlar coatings that come with the more expensive pads. I took the front two pads off and applied this product. No more noise. I will never install another pad without this stuff.
22 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2015
I used this on all four sets of pads without any issue. Make sure you read the directions when using..I watched a few different YouTube videos on this product and they all state to let it dry which my neighbor learned from trial and error. When I gave him the bottle to use I told him to let it dry and he didn't so visually it looks like next time it's going to be fun to take off his pads.

My recommendation, before you start taking off your wheel, apply this product to the BACK SIDE of your pads. Then you don't have to waste any time waiting when you are ready to install. The product can not OVER DRY, so if you're really paranoid, clean the back and then apply the day before.
on October 21, 2013
I bought this bottle to ensure that the brakes on my car would not squeak or rattle after replacing pads and rotors.
Its cheap and easy to apply, and the CRC products I've used before seem to be high-quality at a reasonable price.

In order to use the product, you should be wearing disposable gloves. The stuff is bright red, its messy, and it sticks to everything.
All you have to do is apply a liberal amount to the back side (the part that is NOT touching the brake disc) of all of your brake pads before you install them, then put them in as usual, and put everything back together.

If you still get squeaking after putting these in, you either missed one, or there is something else wrong with your brake system. However, sometimes the brakes make some noises when they are getting "broken in." So just because you hear something doesn't mean there is absolutely something wrong. As long as the brakes are pulling hard, and stopping safely, give it a few days of driving for the new pads to seat on the rotors before troubleshooting any noises for new brake pads.

Only reason I am not giving this product 4-5 stars, is the packaging did not stand up to shipping. When I opened the box, the little red cap had come off, and about 1/3 of the bottle had squeezed out, all over the other items in the box. It was a big mess, and as mentioned previously, this stuff is almost impossible to completely get off once it sticks. Luckily it was just plastic and cardboard packaging that was ruined, but it could have been worse. Not to mention I lost 1/3 of the volume from the bottle. So that is at least one less bake job I can do before I need to order more.

I'm not sure if its CRC not sealing the bottle well enough, or if Amazon being careless in the shipping, but somehow the combination of this bottle being shipped loosely in a cardboard box ended badly for me. Your experience may vary.

If possible, try to buy this product in individually-wrapped packets, instead of a bulk bottle like this. That would avoid the problem I ran into.
on November 29, 2013
I replaced my wife's brakes with ceramic pads and started hearing a squeak. It was driving her crazy, which as anyone can imagine drove me crazy. Ordered this stuff and coated the back of the pads with it and presto, no more squeaks and I am a hero again! I won't do another brake job without it. No sense in having to go back after the brakes are installed.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
I probably used too much of this stuff, but it works great and definitely helps reduce brake noise. Be sure to let it dry a bit so it becomes "tacky" before installing the pads.
on May 5, 2014
I used it when replacing a front set of pads on my BMW e46. It takes a few min's to get tacky....which really isn't too much of a complaint unless your're in a hurry. If your a home DIY guy like me, a bottle should last you awhile (at least a few brake jobs). My only complaint is the top of the tip is cut like an elmers glue bottle. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of before you squueze the heck out of the bottle. A small snip there helps when applying. So far, no brake noise throughout the bed in procedure and day to day driving.
on August 18, 2014
I combined this with new Akebono pads on my '11 Tiguan to get rid of the horrific noise the OEM pads made when backing up. Problem solved. Highly recommended. I'll use this on any brake job in the future.
on October 8, 2009
Unlike your typical brake lubricants, this one goes on smooth and dries with a tacky feel. So far so good!
on October 27, 2015
In my experience this stuff is a complete waste of money. I had brakes squeal after a recent brake job at a Chevy dealer on my C6 Corvette where they installed metallic brake shoes. I applied a heavy coating of CRC on all four wheels as directed and it did absolutely nothing. Teflon brake shims worked better. But even those didn't stop all the squeal. Had to go with high-end ceramic brake shoes. But CRC, I will never waste money on it again. Plus, it never really dries. It stays gooey and sticky so it's very messy and sticks to your caliper housings like half dried red tar. I don't want to even give it one star.