From the Manufacturer
Say you have a meaning in mind, like "happy." The VT helps you find related words, from "cheerful" to "euphoric." The best part is the VT works like your brain, not a paper-bound book. You'll want to explore just to see what might happen. You'll discover--and learn--naturally and intuitively. You'll find the right word, write more descriptively, free associate--and gain a more precise understanding of the English language.
With the Visual Thesaurus, you can:
- Find the right word. The VT has over 145,000 English words and 115,000 meanings. Find the word you need and discover related meanings.
- Develop a better vocabulary. See how words are used in different parts of speech.
- Use words precisely. The intuitive interface helps you find words through their semantic relationship with other words and meanings.
- Master word usage. Roll over a meaning to see its definition and example sentences that express that meaning.
- Improve your grammar. Meanings are color-coded to indicate parts of speech.
- Explore 39,000 proper nouns. Historical figures, phrases, and trademarks are included. Look up Mozart, Manda, or simply, "M."
- Check your spelling. The VT suggests a word if you spell it wrong.
- Hear words pronounced correctly. The VT offers both American and British pronunciations (Internet connection necessary)
- Personalize your experience. Use the Settings Panel to control font size, filter content, display up to 17 semantic relationships, and more.
- Browse language in 2D or 3D. Rotate word maps in three dimensions to reveal complex relationships.
- Connect to the Internet. Right-click on any word to launch an Internet search for images or information.