Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

on October 16, 2012
I never thought I'd be impressed by a toilet but this one is pretty good.

I think Amazon may have learned some lessons from earlier shipments and improved the packaging. This was delivered in two boxes that were much larger than the manufacturer's packaging with lots of packing material. Needless to say, it arrived without any breaks. I'm sure the UPS person didn't appreciate the packaging but I did.

Very easy to install (first-time installer even) with no leaks whatsoever. I chose this model because of the dimensions since it was going into a small bathroom. Turned out to fit very well for a toilet with an elongated seat. I purchased TOTO SS304-CP Maple SoftClose Elongated Toilet Seat, Chrome to go with it because the other Toto soft-close seats had a good number of complaints. This seat fits this toilet very well and it all makes for a comfortable experience.

About the only negatives I would point out is that the tank lid basically just sits on top of the tank with only the button plungers holding it in place. It is not like the lid is in any danger of sliding off but it does allow the lid to move around slightly. I would think the lid could be made with a lip around the inside like most other tanks so that it stays tightly in place. Another thing which may be unique to my situation is that I was left with about a 3/4" gap behing the tank. I have the correct rough-in but that's the way it came out. I'll be re-tiling the walls soon anyway so maybe I'll thicken them up and take up some of that space. Both of these are pretty small negatives in my opinion.

Overall: 5 stars says it all!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2014
UPDATE: Since my building worked on the bad water pressure several months ago, I have had no problem with this product at all. In fact, I am very happy with it. Given all the pluses I mentioned at the beginning of my previous review - this is a great toilet. I do recommend. it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
I'm an Architect, and after reviewing the top performing toilets (MaP Flush Performance) and considering the aesthetics, I chose this toilet for my residence. I've used Toto frequently on projects, and have always been pleased. The glaze Toto uses is particularly smooth, resulting in cleaner flushes.

I've had this toilet now for over a year. It's performance is outstanding - I don't think it has ever required a second flush to clear the bowl, and I have small children who are generous in their use of toilet paper. Three boys in the house means we've saved a significant amount of water usage over the past year.

I also particularly appreciate how the toilet looks from the side. Not all toilets offer fully skirted trapways. If your toilet is visible from the side, a skirted trapway makes a big difference in aesthetics.

This toilet does not come with a seat. It is pictured with the Contemporary soft close seat. When closed, the Contemporary lid covers the seat, making for a very clean appearance. It's a bit more expensive, but I think well worth the additional cost.
on February 17, 2014
Looks nice but never flushes clean. Even teeny-tiny lady poops don't clear with multiple full flushes. I had 3 installed and kind of regret it.
on September 3, 2013
Great product and toilet, but it measures larger than it says. Will arrive in 2 boxes, very well packed. Foam sprayed in and all to keep it tight and snug.
*You have to purchase the seat separately. Not all the reviews had this (which wasn't a problem for us)

Be warned that it does not measure to 12 inches. It measures at 14 inches! To ship it back you need to contact amazon 1st and make sure they have UPS send 2 of the same labels. *It arrives as 2 pieces 80 lbs total with 2 of the same labels and has to go back that way as well. UPS came with one label for the return. Little bit of a nightmare as one would imagine.

Also keep in mind when returning you do not get your full refund. its a refund less shipping.

If it fit we would be happy users of this TOTO... but had to purchase elsewhere.
on April 11, 2013
I like everything about this toilet, especially the flush. Flushes fast so noise doesn't wake up everybody in the middle of the night.. The bowl refills quickly with water and it's quiet again. The seat is higher than a standard toilet which is good for people with back pain . It obviously uses much less water than an ordinary toilet, although I haven't seen my water bill yet. It doesn't seem to be a standard installation and I'm not handy so my handyman installed it for me. It didn't look very attractive in the photo but it looks really nice in my bathroom. I will eventually replace the other toilets in this house with dual flush toilets and I would choose this model again.
on December 26, 2014
We have two Toto Aquia toilets...a floor mounted model and a wall mounted as well. Both were installed during a recent remodel. They both have such a small water spot that skid marks (and worse) are often left in the bowls. This is really disgusting and, as other reviewers have indicated, requires a manual scrub after almost every use. I am looking for replacement toilets now and am scouting out plumbing supply showrooms so I can see water in them and see them flush before I buy. Yes, the Aquias look great when clean, but that doesn't make up for the poor performance.

I've read that some reviewers doubt that others could experience flushing problems with this toilet...the kind of problems which require a plunger rather than brush. We do not have that problem; the flush capacity and power has been great and we've never used a plunger in the Aquia. However, don't discount those poor reviews entirely; we replaced quite a bit of plumbing during our remodel after our plumber explained how poorly the new low flow toilets might work with our 60 year old galvanized steel pipes. Apparently the old, rough, long-used pipes that worked okay when 5 gallons of water was washing stuff down don't often work as well with only 1.6 gallons or less flowing through. So the same low flow toilet could work great in a newer home and also have back ups in an older one...But it might be the pipes, not the toilet.

Back to toilet shopping now... still looking for an affordable, modern, skirted toilet with a clean flush!
on October 10, 2012
The skirt design makes it very easy to clean. The size is exactly what we wanted. The color goes great with the rest of our bathroom. Other reviewers do complain about the surface area of the water being very small, which requires cleanup. I guess it depends on how you sit. My 6 and 4 year old seem to be fine as well as me. I leave the cleaning brush next to the toilet anyway just in case for guests. That would probably be the only drawback. Still a great product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2014
Have had this installed for about a month now. This is a really handsome toilet that looks crisp in our contemporary bathroom. Love the fully skirted trapway.

A few improvements would take it from "good" (really good, to be fair) to "great". Better bowl-clearing: it hasn't clogged yet, but can leave behind a few stray dots that usually clear with an extra flush. The tank lid rests on top of the tank just fine, but a lip to keep it more solidly in place would be nice. And I wish there were options for the finish of the flush buttons, other than just chrome.

Would buy again.
on March 7, 2015
Before you buy this, consider that when flushing poo, it does get stuck in the toilet due to the bowls design. The toilet flushes fine, but poop doesn't always fall in the little hole where water accumulates. This means you will be cleaning the toilet every time you use it. I give it 3 for skirted design, but a 1 for cleaning it every time a poop is in there. The whole point of skirted is to reduce cleaning time from intricate outer portion, but this bowl adds cleaning time in the wordy place.. Inside the bowl. Gross! Can't return it now and soo much trouble even if I were able to. Remember that.. Hired someone to install it and everything. It looks good and that's the only redeeming quality.