Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2013 (Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon October 27, 2012
The 2013 is my third edition of CMDT in the past ten years. First of all, I still find the book book printed in a readable type-size, attractive layout, and clearly defined style. When I'm reading about a topic, I know where I am - the introductory paragraph, the diagnostic workup, or treatment standards. Not every clinician is under 30, and I really appreciate the readability.

CMDT is CURRENT. Yes, that's the name because the information is the up-to-date management of most conditions and diseases you might encounter. I recently entered a new area of practice and needed to brush up on current standards of care in a variety of areas. It was a real pleasure to read up on these areas in CMDT 2013. In a previous year, I'd been on the the front lines with H1N1 as it sent the healthy and strapping to ventilators; this year I need to know the management of influenza in the relatively well outpatient. Of course, I could look this up on the CDC website for free, but combine this with acute cholecystitis, post-operative ileus, bi-polar disorder, and suddenly the price of an updated edition of CMDT looks quite reasonable.

I keep this book beside my chair in the den for relaxed reading; other clinicians keep copies at the office. CMDT is an invaluable reference, and one that is more likely to be a dog-eared favorite than an 8-pound door-stop.
on September 11, 2012
I am currently in residency training and I bought CMDT on my Google Nexus as a quick resource on the go while at work. I am very happy with my purchase, its easy access to information I need. I can access and search through CMDT even without internet connectivity. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the tables in the book are smaller than other text and do not enlarge like other text does on swiping the screen, however, its readable but it would've been nice to have it larger. Other issue is the absence of the appendix and the seach can be kind of slow. On at least one occassion I ran a search to look for something and had to go away and come back in 10 minutes for the book to run a search on the topic for me. Apart from that, the book is great, I am very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone looking for easy access to information without getting to a computer!!!
on October 2, 2012
This is a well organized book. A great reference and even greater research resource. Find the disease, the nature of it, the clinical representation, the treatment, medication for it and any feedback necessary to make you feel like you are in the field of medicine for the long haul. Buy it
on June 25, 2013
At first I bout the Kindle version, it was cheaper, and I could have it on my iPad. Great. Except it takes forever to find things and you never feel like you learn your way around the book. Flipping through pages on the kindle is too slow, and the diagrams cannot be adequately enlarged - they have very poor resolution.

I have now bought the actual paper book. Spare yourself the time, trouble, and money, and just buy the actual book.
on May 11, 2013
I am using this book as a brush up before starting a family medicine residency. I will not be able to finish it before then as this is a beast of a book but it is more common-sensical than going through a Harrison's or something like that.
on June 15, 2013
You will need this on any rotations you go on. Our entire clinical year was based off of this book. It is much better to have it by your side on your ipad when you are either doing rounds or referencing a disease that your preceptor is talking about. This is a must have for any med student or PA student.
on February 28, 2013
It is just as expected and this book will be used as a resource for me as a nurse practitioner.
on August 14, 2013
No index available? Really? The beauty of these digital books is the ability to search quickly. An index is essential for a digital book.
The worst thing I have discovered is that the tables simply DO NOT APPEAR on my ipad mini. I click on the links to the table, and all that happens is that I am taken to a table title with no table. Side by side, the tables DO APPEAR on my regular ipad. I bought my mini to use on clinical rotations. It makes me really angry that I now won't have access to the tables while on rotations. WTF?
on October 20, 2013
This book goes into way too much detail for some conditions, and way too little for others. It only uses generic names for drugs - having the brand names as well would be better. It also suffers from the American tradition of excessive statistics - a month from reading it will you remember that "34.7% of patients with disease A have symptom B?" Wouldn't it just be better, and a lot easier to remember, if the book stated "about a third of patients with disease A have symptom B?" It may sound trivial, but I also find it annoying that this book is such a big paperback that it will not stay open to the page you want. It's big enough that it needs to be hard cover in my opinion.
on January 9, 2016
As a physician assistant student, I have found this book incredibly helpful. It contains most of the information you need to know for a majority of the more common diseases. There is a lot of information (which can be overwhelming), but that means you probably won't need to look elsewhere. There are numerous charts that I found to be helpful. The index is thorough and it makes it easy to find whatever you're looking for. An absolute must for anyone studying to work in medicine.