Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CW-X Conditioning Wear Men's Stabilyx Ventilator Shorts
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2010
I was hunting for a compression shorts that will provide support to my lower back, as I have disc prolapse on 3 of the discs on my lower back (L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/S1).

I have been doing 5 to 10 miles runs and I am training to do beyond that mileage, but I wanted something to support my lower back so that my back would not hurt with the longer run and longer exposure to pressure.

CW-X is the only compression shorts that is targeting the lower back and it does so effectively. I enjoy my longer runs much better and it is enabling me to do longer runs. By the way it not only support the lower back but also the core muscles effectively.

Highly recommended.
on May 23, 2011
These are my newest addition to my collection of CW-X products. I have 3 shorts and 1 tight. I think the shorts are great because they keep your stuff from moving at all. I have big thighs and the support they give is temendous both in the thigh region and the front and back areas. The new ventilator shorts have a mesh patch in the for getting more air to the legs (besides it looks cool) and that seems to be the only difference. Once you try these stabilix shorts you will never want to run in anything else. I've thrown away all other shorts - because these simply are the best invention since cushioned running shoes! Don't be fooled by the imitators with rubber straps or other sewed in materials (my running friends were sorely disappointed with them). Buy the best...buy CW-X. By the way, I do about 25 miles a week as a masters runner so I like to comment on what works.
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2012
I have the non-ventilator version as well as these and the little holes actually make a BIG difference. I wish they had a zipper pocket in the lower back area for a key/hotel key, but this is the third CW-X item I own and I trust the brand.
on October 11, 2010
I bought these after a hip injury for stability. They are not too hot and I live in Florida. Worked well for stability and allowed me to continue running after recovering.
on December 4, 2013
I bought these for marathon training. They are both cool and comfortable, and fit extremely well. I was surprised at how high they want to sit on my body as they come up well above a normal waistline, but that's actually a good thing as it lends support to the lower back and abdominal area. I marked that they fit a little large, and that's a personal preference. While I feel they FIT fine, they are a bit looser than many compression products of this type on the quads. If compression is important to you, you may want to size down. All in all very happy with these.
on October 18, 2011
Had I not had the CW-X Tri Short, I likely would have rated this a great product. It fits well and provides great compression. I also have the cw-x 3/4 stabilyx of which I am a huge fan, so I know you get good quality with this brand). I purchased this pair because the tri short fit so well and provided great support. I wanted this pair to use just for recovery. Although you would think they fit the same (minus the padding), this pair does not provide the level of compression the tri short does. Had I not had the tri short, I would have been happy. But because the tri short is better quality, I returned them and will purchase another pair of tri shorts. The padding is extremely minimal in the tri short; even less than what you would typically find in another tri short. And about the same price.
on June 14, 2013
Me: 50+ runner all pavement, approx 20 miles weekly, stability shoe (ravenna 4)
I bought my first pair of Stabilyx tights in February once I started running again after a six-year hiatus, primarily for the knee support (too many years in bad shoes and trying to gut through knee discomfort). Best thing I ever did: no knee pain; very little post-run discomfort in other parts - and that, I suspect, from age). I went ahead and filled the drawer with CW-X Experts, Pros and Ventilators, as well as a couple pair of insulators.

Since I had/have such great experience with the full-length and capris, I decided to give the shorts a chance. No regrets: the shorts have great compression and ventilate well. I alternate the shorts with the full-length Ventilator tights. No knee problems to date. No binding, chafing or bad package handling.
on April 7, 2014
It is supposed to be compression shorts and I think it does this pretty well. If you have a tendency to get cramps in your calves, well, obviously this isn't going to help. I had IT band issues and this helped it from flaring up during a marathon versus not having it on. The ventilator means there is a vent on the quad part of the shorts. Boy, does it ventilate. It is tiny holes makes the difference from the rest of the shorts. Great for hot weather.
The sizing chart on CW-X website seems to be right on. I wear a small being that I am 5'9" tall and 150 pounds with a 32 waist size. If I had to find a complaint, it would be that maybe because of the compression bands in the shorts that make it thicker or just the shorts itself, it could be a bit tight compared to other brands of compression shorts. I don't mind that though because that is what it supposed to do. I like them and rely on them on my runs. I like it so much, I have two of them.
on September 18, 2015
I bought these for my husband who runs in the heat of the day in Florida. He sweats heavily and was looking to reduce the amount of clothing on his legs. He would return from long runs with shorts heavy with sweat. He was hesitant to run in these due to his modesty. Turns out, no issues with modesty; they fit great; they don't hold as much sweat; they have ventilator inserts; they are cooler; and they have the added benefit of providing compression support to his thighs that he says really makes him feel good during the run. He had no issues with chafing (although he does use Body Glide on his long runs routinely).

He liked them so much he also decided to get the long running tights for colder weather running (wishful thinking here in Florida).

My daughter saw them when she ran with him this past weekend. She is sad that they don't make these in womens form. Maybe soon...
on December 13, 2014
These things are flipping awesome. I don't know what else to say. I love putting them on and I love running and working out in them. I wish they weren't so much, but after trying UA and Nike garbage so many times, these are worth 5 pair of those brands. Do yourself a favor and buy them. You won't regret it, if you enjoy the compression as much as I do.
As a nearly 40 year old, my legs just don't recover as fast as the used to and these really help them so I don't have as much need for recovery.