5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compression running pants
There is a reason that these running pants have almost all 5 star reviews. They work great!

Published on December 16, 2010 by Stephen M. Charme

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability
Published 8 months ago by RFCO

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compression running pants, December 16, 2010
This review is from: CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights (Apparel)

I am a serious runner (1200 miles a year). Unlike other running pants that I own, these are compression running pants designed to reduce muscle fatigue and soreness by providing muscle support during running. They do so by fitting very snugly like a second skin and being specifically designed to provide support. I bought them for that specific purpose, and I noticed a difference immediately. They really do work.

Here are a couple of points to keep in mind before you buy these:

1. These pants don't just fit snugly; they fit skin tight. However, they are easy to put on if you follow the directions and line up the X pattern on each leg so it is just below your kneecap, and then pull the pants up. There is a drawstring to adjust to your waist size, though even without any adjustment they fit pretty tight, though are not uncomfortable.

2. Although they fit skin tight, in no way do they interfere with running, nor are they uncomfortable to wear. In fact, after a while I didn't even pay any attention to the fit, though I did enjoy that I had more energy to run because of the support provided.

3. These are not insulated and also are not wind stoppers. However, I have run in 20 degree weather with no wind and did not feel cold. Also, you can easily put a loose fitting base layer on top that is a wind stopper, and run with warmth in windy weather where the real feel is close to zero (I have already done it).

4. I am 5'7", 160lbs and bought a medium, which fits fine (the legs are a few inches too long, but no big deal, and no different than my other running pants).

Bottom line: Whether you use these alone, or together with another base layer in really cold weather, these pants do reduce fatigue and soreness, and are comfortable to wear. I recommend them for cold weather running.

Update November 15, 2013: During the colder months I often alternate between running outside and on the treadmill in my gym. I started these pants on the treadmill and they work great. Even with a vigorous one hour run where I am drenched in sweat and consume a quart of Gatorade G2 to hydrate myself, these pants breath well enough so my legs are not drenched in sweat.

Also I recently bought a pair of 2XU Men's Elite Compression Tights because I wanted to try something different. They give the same performance, though the CW-X is slightly heavier (.6 lb versus .4 lb), has a much less flashy logo, and has "ribbing" running all across the legs. Both work equally well. But if you like ribbing, then get the CW-X, or if you don't, then get the 2XU.

Update Jan. 4, 2014: Although these are not insulated, I stayed nice and warm when I went running right after a major snowstorm with a real feel with the wind close to 0 degrees. How did I do it? Very simple. I first put on a pair of Mens Icebreaker Bodyfit 200, which are made of merino wool and fit very snugly. I was easily able to then put these tights on top. It was a great combination, and my legs never felt cold even when there were gusts of wind. I found this worked better than first putting on the tights and then putting a base layer on top of them. It's better to have the wool base layer right next to your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive...yes..but worth every penny, December 14, 2004
Ian R. West "scouseman" (RACINE, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these for training for my first marathon. I found that they worked so well that I actually wore them to run the race. They truly do provide extra support to the muscles and your legs feel fresher, particularly after long runs (14+ miiles)

They feel a little tight the first time you wear them but you soon get used it and eventually you don't know you have them on.

You'll find cheaper tights...but none better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing advice for these top-of-the-line performance tights, December 7, 2012
Catrinka (Right here. Where else would I be?) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights (Apparel)
Amazon's sizing info for these tights is not that helpful. To find a very detailed sizing chart, go to the actual CW-X.com website. Here's some help in finding the chart. At the bottom of the CW-X.com home page, click on "sitemap." Once you get to "sitemap," click on "sizing charts" which is on the lower left-hand side (under Shopping Tools). It'll give you a pull-down bar for you to select either men's or women's tights (other garments too). Once you get to the chart, you'll see that it is pretty detailed. Makes it much easier to see what size you fall into based on both your height and weight. These tights are meant to be quite snug...it's what makes the compression bands able to provide the support to enhance energy and reduce muscle fatigue.

Anyway...ordered these tights for my husband who is a serious marathoner. He wanted the ones with the "stripes," thinking they might offer more visibility while running in the dark (plus, if you're encasing your legs in tights, may as well call attention to them, right?). Unfortunately, at the time that I ordered them, the plain black ones were the only ones offered on Amazon Prime in the medium size that he needs. Still, gotta make the man happy, so ordered the striped ones through one of Amazon's recommended third-party sellers for a bit more $$. Didn't realize until order had been placed and I went to "track" the package a couple of days later that our package had shipped from Hong Kong. Was first disappointed when I received a notice that it would take 3-4 weeks to receive the tights; but was very pleasantly surprised when it actually arrived in just a few days from placing order. Very happy with quality of tights.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, March 9, 2008
they are the best i have ever bought worth every penny.the support from the webing works and helps keep the tights in place no saging like other tights.definatly gonna buy more of there tights and shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars No risk no gain., February 3, 2010
Saar Harel (City of Skinny LA.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights (Apparel)
Well I have been dreaming about switching to tights for many years.
I think I was always afraid of
A. being considered weird
B. I remembered older model tights falling apart very quickly.

So since I no longer care about opinions of others (The advantage of being older).
I gave them a try.
YES it was hard parting with my hard earned cash but well worth it.
First, they seem to last ,they are very tights and feel like they hold the goods and muscles in place.
Second , this is very important since I live in London now. I used to freeze my ass and get injured every 3rd run.
Now they keep me nice and warm (By freeze my ass I mean in the GYM not even outside). So since buying them I missed one run
in 3 months.
Third , they make me look good
Fourth I workout wash them in the sink and they dry in 4 hours which is pretty good as I can use them next day.

So in short , they are an expensive great buy. I also checked and they are made in Thailand.
Since I don't like China that was a good thing for me.
I also hate Nike as their customer service is bad. Their shoes fell apart after 2 weeks and they refused to take them back
saying I had used them for Running.
Anyway great buy 5 stars.

Allah with you and jehova for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived tough mudder in these!, November 12, 2011
Elliott Bäck (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
If they can slug through 12 miles of mud, without a scratch, they're better than just good. Comfortable, warm/cool as you need them, without soaking up too much water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied, November 9, 2010
These tights work as billed. I trained to run 50K on my 40th birthday in late October of this year, and planned to bring along two knee braces in my pack in case I felt I needed more support during the run. It was in the high 30's when the run began so I wore my new CW-X tights to keep warm and for the mental comfort of knowing I had the compression support. 50K later I finished without ever needing any more muscle or joint support than these tights. Running 50K hurt, but these tights minimized the negative effects in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Running Tights, November 13, 2012
I purchased the Pro Running Tights for running in cooler weather. Also purchased the Perform X Running Tights at the same time for comparison. Ran in the Pro Running tights when the weather was about 39 - 41 degrees. Worked fine, kept me warm enough, although I would recomend wearing a light pair of shorts on top of them if running commando for extended period of time. The fit was as advertised, I didn't have any problem with the fit, they were very comfortable the first time out. These tights had great support in all areas. After my 12 mile long run, my legs felt great. The extra support in all areas made running a lot easier. Almost effortless! The hips, glutes, quads, knees and calfs felt great after the run. Having worn the Perform X and the Pro tights, I would buy the Pro Running tights the next time because I had previous hamstring problems and needed the hamstring support. These tights have the most support and look very sharp when worn. Would like to see more reflective material on them for night running. I would recommend these tights to my best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a CW-X product, April 14, 2008
I'm a runner, I have worn other pro tight's by other brands. No comparison, I love these so much I get a new one every month.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability, October 21, 2013
I have worn these during winter runs (2-3 times a week) for two winters and the seams are pulling out in many place. I had the same problem with the short version of this CW-X product. Consider your investment: if two seasons is enough for $62, before you have to junk them or find someone to repair them, by all means buy them--they work well otherwise. If you would prefer something better than made in China quality, look elsewhere

CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights