5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of Skins, Zoot, CW-X, 2XU, & Orca Recovery Tights
I recently did a comparison of recovery type tights. I believe that a big part of it is how the tights fit you, and everyone fits differently, but here are my thoughts.

Published 14 months ago by Andrew B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not have upper form fit
Published 13 months ago by JR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison of Skins, Zoot, CW-X, 2XU, & Orca Recovery Tights, May 2, 2013
Andrew B. (New York, NY) - See all my reviews

Skins Men’s RY400 – My winner. They provide great compression – snug, but not uncomfortable. They fit very well and are very comfortable, the best of all I’ve tried. I like that they are thin so if I wear them under my pants, I won’t sweat too much. So, thin + good compression + good comfort = my favorite compression tights.

CW-X Men’s Perform X Tights – My runner up favorite. They provide good compression and the compression seems to be in the right spots. They fit nicely, though they are a little thick, I would be very happy with this one.

Zoot Sports Men’s Ultra 2.0 CRX Tights – I really liked these, they have the best compression and the compression seems to be the best targeted as well – tight where you need it and not tight where you don’t (knees). Having said that, they are not the most comfortable to wear walking around under your pants and they are very very thick, almost like medical type tights. I think this would be a big problem in summer. So if the thickness doesn’t bother you and you don’t really plan to use them under any pants to walk around, I think they are really great for sitting around the house for recovery.

2XU Men’s Compression Tights – ok, but a little hard to pull over my feet because of the small foot opening. Nothing spectacular on the compression, but seemed to fit ok and although not my favorite, I believe they would work.

Orca Men’s Killa Kompression Tights – I really wanted to like these, because my tri suit is Orca, but they just were not so comfortable, not so great with compression, and really really hard to get on my legs because the foot opening is so small.

4.0 out of 5 stars CW-X Men's PerformX, May 18, 2011
I like the tights and the feel. I was initially concerned about them being too warm but I am very content, they feel very fresh even when running at high intensity.
The only complaint I have of the product is that the compression is loss at a rapid rate. After only a couple of weeks I already feel them less compressive than when I first wore them.
Over all it is a good running tight, but a not very lasting compression.

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce warmth & support, December 10, 2009
These tights have proven to be relatively warm and provide good support on runs in cold weather (25-35 degrees F). The tights fit snugly (as stated in other reviews I read before purchasing) but function as expected. The tighter fit does support leg muscles better than normal tights would. I am satisfied so far with performance given the $60 I paid for the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 27, 2011
This review is from: CW-X Men's Perform X Tight Running Pants (Apparel)
Honestly, I was nervous about buying these at first. I got them pretty quickly and realized that do live up to their name.

I live in Michigan, and while running in the cold in Winter I was cool, not cold. I had outer pants on, but still was warm enough and had support that was promised by these tights.

Also, I wore these around the house afterwards in 70 degrees and can tell that these will keep you cool in the Summer. Overall, I am glad I spent the money on these tights instead of something a bit cheaper.

Eventually will try the higher priced models, but right now these tights work for what I need, running small distances of less than ten miles. Good luck, I liked them.

5.0 out of 5 stars holds form and does what it is suppose to, November 28, 2011
Ignore the "name" on this review. I am a man, but my wife has the REVIEW NAME...whatever. Bottom line: I have worn these pants several times and they are still tight! they keep your legs warm, but NOT hot. They are tight and keep your legs from cramping or fatigue. Awesome product at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Retrun to Running, January 14, 2013
This review is from: CW-X Men's Perform X Tight Running Pants (Apparel)
It has been many years since I quit running due to injuries, so I was looking for some help in getting back on the road with a minimum of pain and injury. I have worn these tights for two early morning runs. In this time I have discovered two things: 1. The support they give is wonderful! I love the feel of them from start to finish. My runs have been short and in 40-degree weather, and these tights have kept me warm even though they are not CW-X's insulated model. 2. In the past, when I have tried to start up running, the day after my first run was characterized by extreme soreness. Wearing these tights resulted in almost no soreness! I look forward to many more early morning runs. Some people may balk at running in tights because they really do hug your body, but the benefit in support far outweighs any self-consciousness at running in form-fitting attire. Besides, the average morning commuter probably has more in mind that my fat butt bouncing down the sidewalk!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, some chafing, January 7, 2013
These pants have kept me warm during some cold weather snow runs. They fit great. The one downside is that I've had some chafing while wearing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing invention, April 19, 2012
my husband loves these things. He got the shorter capri ones too. He was surprised they both looked different. he has knee pain in both knees so these really help when working out.

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable, June 18, 2011
F. Jacmans (Brussels Belgium Europe) - See all my reviews
These are indeed so comfortable. You can really feel the support they give to your legs while running.
They look stylish and keep your muscles tight and warm.
Great running pant!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not have upper form fit, May 20, 2013
This review is from: CW-X Men's Perform X Tight Running Pants (Apparel)
These tights are okay, however, the fit at the waste, crotch, and buttocks is not comfortable and lacks. I read one post were a customer stated the garment tends to slip while running and I can see why based on the fit I've experienced. This being a running and compression tight, I would expect the tight to fit properly around the waste and buttocks area, however it does not. I have a smaller frame, 5' 8.5" with an athletic build, so perhaps it would fit better on men who are a bit bigger or larger I guess. I have a few pairs of running tights (Nike, Pearl Izumi, Gore, Brooks) and a couple compression tights (Both by SKins). I was looking for a tight that has running w/ compression capabilities. The material on these tights seems a bit stiff, which doesn't make it form fitting for what I would consider a good running tight and/or compression product. Either way, performance tights should "hug" and fit snug throughout. I returned these to get something different.

I am 5' 8.5" male and about 148 lbs, small athletic frame. These tights might be better fitting in the upper waste area for persons who are a bit more in weight.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›