Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Size: MediumColor: Black/ Lavender StitchChange
Price:$56.25 - $171.96

on April 7, 2009
If you're going to be logging long miles (ie marathon training) then these tights will be a very useful foundation piece for your running wardrobe.
The 3/4 length makes them versatile, I have comfortably run in them in weather ranging from 30-60 degrees F. I usually toss a pair of running shorts on over these, but only because I run along the road and prefer having a bit more coverage over my posterior. There is no problem with chafing at all as long as you remember to actually tie the waist, otherwise they may slip down slightly.
My legs feel like they are getting better circulation with the compression from these tights, and the firm support across the abs and lower back is a reminder to watch my posture and form. I've been able to run 4 or 5 miles the day after doing a leg workout, and the nagging soreness went away during my warmup. I tend to sit around the house in these for at least half an hour after cool down, and stretch and enjoy the way these feel.
These are too expensive for me to justify more than one pair, so I rinse mine out in the shower with me, and they are dry by the next morning. I toss them in the washer about once a week (after 4 or 5 runs), and they're holding up beautifully.
I was skeptical about purchasing these, but had heard enough positive reviews that I tried them, and I have been very happy with that choice.

Updated March 2011: My tights are still holding up almost two years later, and I've added the CW-X Insulator Stabilyx to the winter rotation. I love my CW-X tights!
on April 6, 2010
These provide amazing support. However, the length of your thigh plays a big role in how they fit because of the added support system. According to my personal experience I would recommend LARGE only if you normally wear TALL clothing, MEDIUM for AVERAGE, and SMALL for PETITE.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
Great support tights and well worth the price. With all my "jiggly bits" firmly held, I feel lighter and can go faster/farther with less effort - and I look *fabulous* while doing it. Ha! Good deal!

Seriously, I always worry about fit when ordering online, and I wish more people would include their height + weight when writing reviews, especially about things that fit as closely as these. So FYI - my stats are:

5' 7.5" tall
105 pounds
32" inseam
35" hips
16.5" thighs
27" waist

I checked the sizing on the CW-X website before ordering, and since I was on the line between small and medium, and my waist is undefined, I chose to size up. The MEDIUM fits great on me. The fabric seems to have more give in the width than height, so if I were much taller I might need a large. YMMV depending on how tight you like your clothes to be. Personally, I like to be able to breathe.

They are a little hard to wriggle into the first time or two: There are actually instructions included! The most important thing is to get them on straight and to position the knee support areas corectly over your kneecaps (per those instructions!) which is NOT the way they are shown in the photo here.

Bottom line: I really like these capris and will order the full length version for cold weather wear.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2010
I took up running this year, and these tights have made the difference between staying in the running program or returning to the state of "couch potato"--I used to weigh 80 lbs more than I do now, and after numerous abdominal surgeries, my abdomen and skin tend to be loose and jiggly (sorry, tmi, I know, but it explains why I love these tights so much!) The core support panel really holds everything in place, and because my core strength is not yet where I want it, these tights support me and keep me going until I do get my abdominal strength back. Everything is held 'in' and once you get used to the snug fit, you won't want to run in anything else. I love these tights!
on June 12, 2010
I just ran a 10K in these and they are awesome. When I run I feel so supported like my legs have a sports bra on. Before I started running in CW-X my hips would start bother me towards the end on my run and now I don't have those pains. I would get the full length so my calves would have support but it is tooo hot in Texas. The 3/4 are perfect for hot weather.
on September 22, 2009
this was the first pair of cw-x tights that i got. after a couple of weeks i ordered a second one, since i wanted to wear them every day!!! they are more on the pricey side, at least for me, but i've found them totally worth it. i'm training for a marathon this year, so i run a lot during the week and on the weekends, and i alternate between my two pairs. they are holding up nicely and they really provide great support. i notice that i feel way more safe and supported running in these than running with running shorts. i've even improved my marks! anyway, as the weather gets warmer, i find them a bit too warm. but i would recommend them without any doubt to anyone who is or is thinking to get serious about running. it's a great investment. along with my running shoes i think this is the second most important item in my running gear.
on July 15, 2010
The tights arrived quickly. The fabric and construction are outstanding. I am five feet tall and weigh 100 pounds, and I wear XS in Nike running tights. I bought the CW-X Tights in size XS. They were so tight I couldn't breathe. I will return them and re-order in SMALL. I gave four stars because of the size issue.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
I feel the same out the Capri CW-X tights as I do the full length running tights but worse. If CW-X would make running tights for petite women I know they would be a BIG hit. Again, the tights tend to not stay in the appropriate places for the compression points worse for the Capri's. I constantly have to pull them up, I am 5'1 and they are not made specifically for petite women.
on May 26, 2014
I got these as a second pair to put into rotation with my first pair of CW-X capris - my first pair are all black with the mulitcolored stitching. These do offer some compression, but the fabric on these confetti pair are not as tight. I got the same size, but these are nowhere near the amount of support offered by the original. So now I use these for my shorter runs, and stick my original pair for my long runs.
The material is much thinner, which I think lends to this lack of support. I put these on and my husband claims he can see my underwear through them in the sunlight. All in all, I would recommend sticking to the original pair and not getting these. Great company for compression tights, but underwhelmed with these.
on June 11, 2011
I bought my first pair of these at the full price but then found my second on Amazon for quite a bit less. Regardless, they are worth every penny. They truly give great knee support, so if you need that they really do deliver that quality. I am a heavy (weight-wise) runner who is trying to become a lighter runner, so these are great for protecting joints in the process of getting back into shape. I have recently started running again and these have kept me from having knee pain.