5.0 out of 5 stars does work/w kindle fire:
I have a kindle fire and bought about $20 worth of natural music before I found this app! if u play the thunderstorm screensaver w/ the sleepy time thunderstorm sounds its really cool. or the beach sounds w/ the fish screensaver to look @ while u drift off is nice.
Published on December 14, 2011 by ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked on 1st gen kindle, not so great on the Fire HD
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars does work/w kindle fire:, December 14, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Advertized!, July 8, 2011
Le' (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
This is a fantastic app! The current version (as of 7/7/2011) has 70 sounds that very realistically mimic a variety of background noises. You can layer up to 3 different sounds and adjust the volume separately on each to get the right balance for your comfort. I've used various sound machines to help me sleep for over 20 years. This is better than all of them!

I wish this app and these sounds were in a stand-alone machine so I could use it every day without worrying about wearing out my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Of The Breed, July 21, 2011
This is a great app!

The ability to mix up to 3 tracks really gives you an amazing amount of variety.

I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because there is no way to save your settings.

A great app and well worth the 2 bucks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful - just what I needed!, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
I live in Arkansas, so most of the year I'm sleeping with my window unit AC on. I get very used to the noise it makes and then once it gets cold here and I no longer need it, I have a terrible time getting to sleep without it. I lose quite a bit of sleep because there are dogs barking and cars driving by, and without my AC noise to help drown it out, it keeps me awake. This little app here is just what I needed! Of course it's not as loud as my real AC, but it does really help. The sound plays constantly for as long as you set it to, and stays on even when you put your device (well, for me it's the kindle fire, dunno about anything else) on standby. I read on another review someone said there are gaps of silence when the audio track stops then loops back to the beginning, I haven't had that problem, or at least if it does, it's not so noticeable that it bothers me. I use the Air Conditioner 1 sound to help me sleep every day, and then if I just want to relax I'll curl up on the sofa and turn on the rain or thunderstorm sound. It's a very useful app, and the fact that it really helps me with the very annoying trouble of not being able to get to sleep makes it my favorite app.

Kindle Fire - $199.00
Sleepy Time App - $1.00
Being able to curl up in bed and drift off to sleep quickly - priceless

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked on 1st gen kindle, not so great on the Fire HD, November 1, 2012
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
I'm so sad, because this was my *favorite* sleep noise app. I used it every night on my 1st gen Kindle Fire. Imagine my distress when I then loaded it onto my new Fire HD and discovered that the sounds played with noticeable gaps in the loop...starting and stopping. I'm not sure what changed between the devices, but I was really disappointed. There is no way I could fall asleep with the gap of silence in the sound, so I've had to switch to a different app for sleep noise.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Red Adept Reviews: 5 Stars, January 11, 2012
5 Star App!

This is my best app find. I tested out the free version (Sleepy Time Lite) and then traded up to the paid version almost immediately, and I'm glad I did. If I recall correctly, the free version not only has limited sounds - although still a healthy amount - but no layering of sounds.

I've struggled with insomnia for a while now, and some nights getting to sleep feels like a matter of sheer will. I have a little machine somewhere that does a lot of what this app does, but I have no idea where it is, it's gathering dust. I couldn't set it for very long and it ran on batteries. And, I paid a lot more than $1.49, the current prince for this app.

"Sleepy Time" on my Fire can simply, obviously, be plugged in, and you can set the timing for anything from five minutes to twenty-four hours. I'm going to say that if it takes you a day to fall asleep and this persists, that you need more than an app.

What I really love is that there are eighty sounds and you can layer up to three, controlling the volume on each one. Some of the sounds are variations on sounds, like three different ceiling fans, but there is enough differences in sound that it doesn't feel like padding the numbers.

When you find your favorite mix, you can save it. I usually like some sort of mix of cat purring, air conditioner, and white noise, or perhaps wind chimes. I love water while awake, but it's not relaxing to me since I start dreaming about plumbing problems ... and since my insomnia is based on anxiety and a brain that won't slow down: No running water! If you're a fan of it though, there is "fish tank" and "fountain" and not just "rain" but rain hitting various surfaces. (And "rainy drive.") "River," "Row Boat," "Shower," "Sprinkler," and Thunder Storms 1, 2, and 3. "Underwater," well, you get it.

The only criticism is that some of the sound mixes, like "Farm House," tend to be predictable and the loop too obvious. Time for the cow to moo again. I think the monotonous sounds work better - it's harder to tell where a cat purring ends and begins again. With so many sounds, though, I can't imagine anyone couldn't find several relaxing sounds.

One good night's sleep, when you're truly at the end of your rope, is worth a hundred times more than the cost of the app!

Update: 7/3/13 This is still a winner! I still use it.

3.0 out of 5 stars not working on my new kindle fire gen2, December 8, 2012
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
When I first purchased this app I used it on my kindle fire gen 1 it worked just fine. However I recently had to replace my gen 1 and was sent a gen 2, on this kindle the loops skip and its very annoying.
That being said I don't use it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - use it every night on my Kindle Fire, February 4, 2012
McSassypants (Aurora, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
I have trouble falling asleep and have been rigging up background noises for decades. A few years ago I bought a white noise maker for $50 - cheap for white noise makers. So when I bought Sleepy Time, it was with the attitude that I didn't really NEED to buy it. But now my previous white noise maker is permanently retired. This app is amazing! The full moon logo is visually pleasing and the app has a black background so it's easy on the sleepy eye. It has tons of sounds that you can choose to download or not (of course I downloaded them all). You then can add a single sound to your list of favorites, or you can "mix" up to three sounds at a time, and add those to your favorites too. You can customize the volume settings for each sound, and when saved to your favorites list the app remembers those settings plus the timer settings as well. My favorite is currently a mix of rain, thunderstorm, and distant train, each set at different volumes.

The sound quality is amazing and puts my $50 white noise machine to shame. The sounds keep playing, even after your Kindle Fire has entered sleep mode. When the timer is up, the sounds fade out nicely. If you happen to have your Kindle on at the time, you'll see a little "good night" message.

I like it so much that I have even started listening to Sleepy Time in the background when I'm playing game apps.

I haven't used this at the office yet, but I could see where it would be valuable, especially if you work in a noisy cube farm and you're not allowed to use music to drown out the blabbersnouts who sit in your vicinity.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE 7/5/2013 - Previous sound loop problems on Kindle Fire HD have been fixed. - Back to being a 5 star sleep aid app!!, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
I first downloaded this App 12/01/2011 - It was excellent for folks who need "white noise" to sleep. My wife and I used it all night for a restful sleep ("Air Conditioner" setting worked best for us). HOWEVER:

UPDATE 01/30/2013 - PROBLEM WITH LOOP - REMOVED FROM KINDLE AND THEN RE-LOADED - STILL A PROBLEM

Recently I upgraded from the Kindle Fire 1st Gen to Kindle Fire HD and this App no longer functions properly. THE SOUNDS ARE NO LONGER CONTINUOUS. THE SOUND PAUSES EVERY FEW SECONDS IN A LOOPING CYCLE THAT IS VERY ANNOYING. The website of this developer says the problem has been corrected in the latest version (which I have).. but the problem still exists. I contacted developer via e-mail, but never received a response (it's been over a month).

UPDATE 7/5/2013: Just by chance, I again downloaded Sleepy Time app. To my surprise, the looping issue on the Kindle Fire HD has been fixed!!! - This sleep aid app has gone back to being the all time favorite of my wife and me. P.S. I never did get a response to my e-mail from the developer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good on Kindle Fire HD, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Sleepy Time (App)
This was a disappointment. Disruptive The loop skips. Not pleasant listening because of the obvious skips. The App should say does not work well on Kindle Fire HD.

Sleepy Time