5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Workout!!!
First, I will admit that I don't like using machines. My preference is to run outdoors. At 42, I've managed to stay in shape by running 4 miles on Tue & Thu and 5 miles on Sat & Sun at about a 7:30/mile pace. I am telling you this to lay the foundation of my current level of fitness for your personal comparison.

If I can't run outside, I would hop on an...
Published on March 27, 2010 by N. Jacinto

3.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, finicky machine
Published on November 5, 2011 by J. I. Fowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Workout!!!, March 27, 2010
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)

If I can't run outside, I would hop on an elliptical machine. Still, after 40 minutes on an elliptical, I feel short-changed and sometimes barely break a sweat. I tried this Cybex Arc Trainer while I was staying at a hotel. They had one in their fitness center, and this machine really works. I cranked up the incline to max and increased the resistance thinking that this machine would be similar to the elliptical. After two minutes, I had to scale back on both the incline and resistance because this thing was kicking my butt. Two minutes into it, I was sweating like pig. After 40 minutes, I was completely soaked.

Again, I still prefer outdoor running, but this Cybex Arc trainer is a great substitute in bad weather or if you prefer something easier on the knees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daily use of this product, June 26, 2010
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
This is easily the finest piece of cardio equipment I have ever used in my life. I am almost 53 years old and have been working out daily for close to 40 years. I never miss a workout. I have run 100 mile weeks for years, lifted weights like a psycho (bench press 490, 855lb squat, etc) so I have much experience in the gym. The bottom line is this; I focus on cardio and calorie consumption as I am aging. I used this piece of equipment this very morning; I burned 1408 calories in 60 minutes. That is astounding, as at 180 lbs (now; I used to weigh 300 when lifting weights, and 165 when running 100 mile weeks) I have to run just over TEN miles to burn those same number of calories. That takes over an hour and a half.

NOTHING beats this piece of equipment. I use it at the gym. I wish I felt comfortable spending $7000 for one at my home, but I do not, so for a monthly gym fee and bit of 10min drive inconvenience, I use it daily at the gym.

Terrific piece of equipment. Fantastic. James Cockerham

4.0 out of 5 stars Burn more calories in less time without even realizing it, July 19, 2010
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
I used to think Precor EFX ellipticals were the bomb until I tried this. Now I can't go back. The only thing I can do that burns as many calories as using this machine is flat out running. But I can't run as long as I can use this machine. I'll still be going strong on this machine long after I would have passed out from exhaustion on a treadmill burning calories at the same rate. I work out using my own Polar heart rate monitor which tracks my pulse and calorie expenditure so I can quantify how many calories I burn on this. On the 750AT it's too easy for me to burn 500 calories in 40 minutes without even realizing it. I can also run on a treadmill and burn the same amount in the same time but I'll be huffing and puffing and in pain. The 750 AT does get me tired and I do sweat but I never experience any pain or pounding on it. I can use it every day, even twice a day and I'm always excited for more. I cannot run every day without feeling pain and soreness. It's just so easy to get into a groove on the 750AT slowly raising the angle and resistance every few minutes until I'm really pushing it. After 30 minutes I'll notice that I'm getting really tired and wonder why. Then I look at my heart monitor and realize that my pulse is somewhere between 150-160. I'm 40 and that's the upper end of the recommended range in my age group.

The only complaint I have about this machine is that the hands move with the feet instead of against them. If you're running, when your left foot goes forward so will your right hand. On this machine when your left foot goes forward, if you're holding the hand grips then your left hand goes forward too. It's not the end of the world. When I have the incline cranked all the way up to 20 it acts more like an impact free step climber than an elliptical or treadmill. The resistance settings go from 1 to 200. I have yet to get it past 40. I have very strong legs and can't imagine working my way past 100, let alone 200. Good luck outgrowing this machine.

If your goal is to burn the most calories possible and go past the 30 minute threshold (the amount of time it takes your body to switch to burning stored fat) and not have any pain or soreness so you can do it again the next day, this machine is it. OK, jumping rope may burn more calories per minute and definitely costs less but good luck doing that 30 minutes a day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, finicky machine, November 5, 2011
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
To be clear, this machine will give you a great workout. My gym has a few of them and I go to the gym early just to beat the crowds that line up for them later in the day. No other comparable machine has such a wide range of resistance levels and such a challenging motion (though the motion has never made me feel like I was stressing my joints or muscles in an unhealthy way).

However, for a machine that costs this much, they seem to be extremely temperamental and in need of constant maintenance. Specifically, the casing at the front that houses what I take to be the bulk of the machine's works can become destabilized and begin to rock back and forth, making it hard to continue exercising. For a machine this big, with so wide a footprint, this is an unexpected and big drawback.

Ultimately, I give this Cybex a tentative endorsement. You will not be disappointed with the results if you have the resources to care for the machines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, June 26, 2014
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
I have used the Cybex Arc Trainer and like it. However, I prefer the Precor AMT machine. The Arc Trainer is a fine machine, so don't think I am knocking it. It gives you a fantastic workout, much better than an elliptical. You sweat more and burn calories quicker than running or an elliptical. The issue I have is that the motion is fixed (like an elliptical), and puts more stress on the knees over a long burn. I had knee surgery many years ago and noticed a discomfort after only 10 to 15 minutes. The way the handles move with your legs is a bit weird. Not too big a deal but it takes some getting used to.

With the Precor AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer) you can adjust your stride length and depth without manually adjusting a dial or pressing button. You do it while in stride. Same with the arms. So you can do a very long deep stride to work the glutes and hammies or a high deep motion (short stride) to simulate a stair climber. You can do it all by simply adjusting your stride. Very cool.

My advice is to evaluate both machines and pick the one that is best for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
I am reviewing this machine since I use it every time I work out at my local gym. It will remain on my wish list until we setup a home gym. Absolutely user friendly, especially for me being only 5'3". I always get a great lower body and cardio workout without having to change machines. My trainer described this machine as the "new elliptical", which is very true. The joints between the handle bars, the pedals and the spinning fan in the front allow for a truer elliptical motion. On the usual ellipticals machines, I always struggle with constantly stopping and having to readjust the position of my feet, and that is never the case with this machine. My favorite routine involves stepping up the incline to its max and I get the most versatile workout. Also very easy on my knees as compared to a treadmill. To anyone considering purchasing this machine, I say try it out first if you can, since you might just skip purchasing a treadmill and/or elliptical by buying this all-in-one lower-body exercise machine.

3.0 out of 5 stars had a few issues, May 3, 2010
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
the day we got it, it shut down and said "out of order". We called tech support and they said we needed a power supply. They sent the power supply and it still did not work. A few days later Fit-Tech came and and said the board, battery and belts were bad, replaced all a week later and it works now. He took off the power supply and said we dont need.
Nice feeling maching but very costly. It would be nice if it had a longer warranty, like 10 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, January 23, 2012
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
I use this at my gym. I used to use the eliptical but it strained my neck (arthritis) too much. The handles on the Arc are lower (I'm 5'7") and that makes a big difference. I have been using this for a while now at the gym 5 days a week and my neck pain is totally gone. I had pain in my neck, shoulders and upper back before and now, if I start to feel that pain, I go to the gym and it works out all the muscles even better than a weekly massage that I no longer need. Great machine, pricey, but a good machine. Plus, I'm burning a lot of calories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Machine!!, September 4, 2012
Seth Crosby (St. Charles, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer (Sports)
I have been using the 750AT for years at my gym. I started using it because some spine trouble prompted my doctor to suggest I stop my high-impact running. My condition resolved, and even though I have returned to running, I still use the 750AT 2-3 times per week. The motion is glass-smooth. The work-out is spread over arms, legs and back. There is no burn or soreness because the workout is so diffuse. I could not recommend it more highly.

CYBEX 750AT Total Body Arc Trainer