Customer Discussions > Cabaret (Blu-ray Book) forum

Cabaret and film grain

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2013 3:55:49 PM PDT
j in boston says:
Cabaret is one of my favorite movies and now, with this blu-ray, it finally gets the home video release it has always deserved. I just want to make sure that no one is dissuaded from buying this disc because of some of the ignorant reviews people have left here complaining about film grain. I am very familiar with how this movie looked in the theater. It always had a very distinctive look and on my 50" plasma this blu-ray looks like I expected and hoped it would look. There is a lot of grain - there is supposed to be a lot of grain. Complaining about it is analogous to going to a museum and complaining because you can see the brush stokes in a van Gogh. Those who don't like the look of this film are certainly entitled to their preferences, but they are simply wrong when they complain that the film should not look like this. All of us who are fans of this film should be thrilled with the restoration that has been done here.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 2:29:29 PM PDT
Thank you!! Very helpful. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cabaret (Blu-ray Book)
Cabaret (Blu-ray Book) by Liza Minnelli (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (510)