Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on April 10, 2002
The game cabellas big game hunter is a great and accurate hunting simulation with many differnet and existing firearms including 30.30, 2.43, 270,and 7 millimeter to name a few. You can drive fourwheelers suv's and snowmobile's to speed up your hunt through the trecherous terrain of different states to hunt all of America's big game including Antelope, big horned sheep, and White tail deer. I have been hunting for a long time and found that big game hunter and its state of the art graphics and terranin detail parralell to the real thing with astounding realism. Oh and don't foreget the game warden is watching so dont get careless and shoot an endangered species. Happy hunting and good luck while hunting all your game from Montana to Missouri.
on December 12, 2001
Well for starters, the grafics are really good and the selection of gear is excellent. The reason I think it's tougher then what I thought is probably b/c I'm a little on the impatiant side. I've played the game for a couple of hours last night and the only thing I killed was a rabbit. One thing I haven't figured out is when it gets dark and it's gets dark pretty quick is how to get in your tent to sleep. One more con on the game is that the health meter runs out a little on the quick side regardless on what type of man or woman you pick. Over all I would say if you like hunting then this is a good game to get.
on February 3, 2002
I was never one who enjoyed the idea of hunting down animals and killing them (even though I grew up in a household of hunters), but this game literly made me want to take the next plane to Newfoundland and hunt for moose and caraboo. I really enjoyed the over all realistic aspects of the game (choosing the right gear, and calls). It was pretty tough at first but, once I got the hang of things I found it pretty easy, and exciting. Not only can you kill big game, but also small game such as Canadian geese, and lynx that show up in your trophy room (be warned there is a fine of $200 for shooting non game animals and you get kicked out of the hunt if you shoot more than one non gamer in an area).
Your health bar does run out pretty fast, but with a hop on your vehicle (quad, snow mobile, Suv) you may return to the lodge for more supplies.
Be wary of all the animals. Like live animals they will attack if provoked (be specially wary of wolves).
If you ever had any interest what so ever in hunting, nature, or animals, Cabela's Big Game Hunting is for you!
on January 24, 2003
one downfall of this game is that for different types of hunting you don't know much about there is extremely minimal instruction given. i figured there would be hunting tips available or something, but there aren't. you just have to play by ear to learn how to hunt different types of animals well in different environments. another is that the hunters run out of energy ridiculously fast. i have never had to eat four meals and drink three bottles of water during a day of hunting. if u run out of supplies in the woods you're [out of luck], but then again u consume the supplies so much faster than in real life it is a bit ridiculous. otherwise, this is a completely realistic hunting game. i have actually gotten bored at times sitting in my imaginary tree stand waiting for something to come up so i can shoot it. it has a great array of hunting areas and a large selection of animals. just about any weapon you could want is available, and you get to choose from a wide variety of supplies. i got it for my husband, and i have basically taken it over as mine!
on January 26, 2002
I have played many of the hunting games for the PC and was eagerly awaiting the release of this playstation version. I am NOT disappointed. The sheer amount of levels and options puts many of the better PC games to shame. The graphics are incredible for a playstation. The animals look, move, and react exactly as you would expect in real life. The sheer amount of animals is incredible for a playstation game. Lots of big game animals (including grizzly bears and wolves that will attack you !) and lots of smaller varmints and critters. The levels look amazing, with great looking trees, land, and even vehicles you can drive around in ! The best part about it is that you can also play it on your PLAYSTATION 2 with all the filtering on etc, and it looks SWEEEET ! As there aren't any hunting games for Playstation 2, this fits the bill very nicely. Some lovers of hardcore action games may find it a bit sedate, but stick with it, it's a new experience and a lot of fun !
on November 20, 2001
The screenshots I have seen on other websites look amazing. The X-ray mode is a feature I have never seen in a hunting game. I have been waiting for a hunting game on the Playstation ever since one came out for computers several years ago. I love hunting and don't own a computer.
on December 26, 2001
This game is a one of a kind. Its great the graphics are a 9 on a scale 1-10 10 being best. Sounds is a 10. and game play is a 10. When I first seen this game I thought there would ne no way that it could be a very good game but for [the price] I thought that if I didn't like it. It would always make a good christmas present. I loved the game. Try it out and I garuntee you'll think the same. The only bad thing is that the health bar runs out a little too fast.
on January 1, 2002
Start out on Easy & learn the game as you play because Med. & Hard settings are just that---changes outlook on gamegood graphics---Finished on easy w/full Trophy room & $22,456, first time through 3-1/2hrs (Next-Saltwater-Fishing)
on October 17, 2002
I've never held any kind of weapon in my life (other than maybe a fork) but it seems like a decent simulation of the real thing. Not necessarily a complaint but it was easy, I finished all the levels off in one day and ended up with over $20,000.
on February 3, 2002
It is about time that playstation came up with a hunting game. I have been waiting for years for playstation to make a hunting game like have been available on computer. I was a little concerned that the playstation game would pale in comparison to other computer hunting games. I was pleasently surprised to say the least. Not only was it as good as the computer version but in many areas it was even better. The game play seems to be faster on the playstation game console and the graphics seem to be a bit better also. Hopefully Cabella's will release other hunting games in the near future(like they already have for computer). I highly recommend this game for both the hunting enthusiast and the ameteur as well.

See 1 answered question