Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon December 14, 2011
I had just about given up on this series. I loved books one and two. Book three was ok, but books four and five just didn't live up to the first two. It was almost as though Kinney was writing the books only so as not to disappoint his millions of young fans. I had also read somewhere that book five was to be the last in the series, so I was rather surprised when the announcement came about book six. Fortunately for me, I am a school librarian and my students love this series. Therefore I had to read Cabin Fever in order to stay current with my students. I'm glad I did, because this book reignited my love for the series.

What I liked about the book: Greg is less whiny in this book. Oh, sure - he's still the King of Bad Choices, but he actually seems to grow a little, in spite of himself. That was my problem with books four and five - Greg seemed rather stagnant. I like that the book is a quick, easy and entertaining read. Kinney certainly knows his audience and does a great job of meeting their expectations.

What I didn't like about the book: Can't think of anything I didn't like.

As I mentioned my students (3rd - 5th grade) are crazy about this series. Our pre-winter break library lesson involved a book talk about Cabin Fever and then they had an indoor snowball fight. They each wrote an adjective about snow on three slips of paper, balled them up and spent 60 seconds having a snowball fight. At the end of the fight they took three "snowballs" that had landed near them and used the three words to write a poem about snow on their blog. They had a great time. I'm not sure which they enjoyed more - the excerpt I read from the book or the snowball fight.

AR Reading level: 5.8

Recommended for 3rd grade and up.

Mrs. Archer's rating: 5 of 5!
on November 15, 2011
Reviewed by Darren (age 10):
I love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, and this book, Cabin Fever, I thought was the most funny. I don't want to spoil it, but there are very funny jokes in this book. Greg gets trapped in the house during a snow storm and is accused of a crime---which he sort of did. If I were to give this book a rating, 10 being the best, and 1 being the least best, I'd give it a 9.75.
2020 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2011
very pleasent with this purchase my son enjoyed this book like no one before,amazon is my favorite place for secure purchases,thanks.
on March 22, 2013
In the exciting book Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever brought to you by Jeff Kinney, Greg is scared of Christmas and his newspaper is a disaster! This 217 page book is full of humorous entertainment that even people who are having a down day laugh at.

Greg is a kid who has an interesting life. For example: Greg is terrified of Christmas. He thinks that Santa can see his underwear and that he won't be able to get enough presents. He feels pressured because he wants to be on the Good Boy list.

As another example, Greg "vandalized" the school. Greg and his friend Rowley put up posters for their bazaar but it starts POURING down rain! They take the posters down but the posters stained the wall! The wall was stained!

A few days later Greg is stuck in his house when the power goes out and so does his heater! It is snowing and the temperature is dropping. Greg his mom and his older brother snuggle under loads of blankets but his little brother is nowhere to be seen! Just then they hear a knocking at the door. Who would want to come when it is cold and snowy? Find out who when you read the book.

Finally Greg started a newspaper called the Neighborhood Tattler. Each issue cost 50c but in the end he handed them out for free. Nobody wanted to pay 50c for a one page and very poor newspaper.

I think I would rate this book five stars!! I liked the funny moments in Greg's life. It also was such a well written story that I wanted to read it all the time. So if you are having a down day this book will make you smile. I think everyone should read this book.
44 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
My son loves to read the diary books. When this one came out I ordered it immediately for his Christmas gift. He was so anxious to read it. The service was great with speedy delivery. K.M.S.
on December 9, 2011
This is the most lively and best book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. My favorite part was reading about how the family managed to survive without any luxuries or contact with the rest of the world when a big snowstorm came. Different members of Greg's family suffered in their own way. An example is when the father couldn't get home and was forced to stay at a luxurious hotel while the rest of the family didn't have any electricity or heat (except for Manny). I can relate to this experience because I live in a part of the country that often gets snowed-in and loses power in the winter. There was a lot of drama, great humor, and a big unexpected twist at the end. It would be best to read this book after reading all of the others in the series but, it would still be a really great book even if you didn't read the rest of the series.
on March 13, 2016
A great read. It's well written and I plowed through it in one sitting. I could not put it down. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and I pondered throughout the entire book. You know you just finished reading something great when you get towards the end and you start to panic because you don't want it to end. I thought all the characters were well flushed out and added something interesting to the story. I don't know how I can write a review without giving away the plot, so all I can say you need to read this. You won't regret it.
on March 2, 2013
on February 29, 2012
I purchased this book for my ten yearold, he loves this series, the book arrived early and in perfect condition. It's a fun book to read. Will definately buy from seller again. Looking forward to the next book.
on November 19, 2011
This Diary of a Wimpy Kid started a little slow for me, which can't be good for a kid's book. That being said, I think it was the funniest one so far. Greg gets into trouble, no shock there. He actually wasn't doing what they thought. He seems to be growing up a little bit, and that's good. All of the regular aspects of the series such as him having to deal with fighting with Roderick and having to come second in his parents' eyes to Manny are still there. Any child who loves the series will still love this installment.