Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 195 questions
votes
Short, maybe six inches. The vga cable should be where your length is.
Sep 12, 2014 by James D. Summar
vote
It should, if you don't see any video you may have to supply power to it via the micro USB cable supplied with it.
Apr 21, 2014 by A. Adesanwo
vote
3 maybe 4 inches
Jul 31, 2014 by Amazon Customer
vote
I have used on various devices i.e. Android TV box, Raspberry Pie, My Motorola Cable box, Brix, Nvidia card with HDMI outputs, Samsung Blue Ray player.... Have had no problems. All these have been with a monitor that supported 720 or 1080p resolutions.
Jun 21, 2014 by John K.
vote
While I cannot answer you directly, I can tell you that it worked like a charm on a 2013 HP Envy -- one of the current generation of laptops that has no VGA outlet. I tried another converter (also from Amazon) and I was left with only 2/3 of a screen when I connected it to a projector. The "active" part of the Cable Matters converter made all the difference. I have used it constantly for public lectures.
Dec 10, 2013 by J. Foster
vote
Many HDMI output devices will only provide 50 ma of power. If an adapter uses more than that it won't work. This adapter doesn't rely on the HDMI for power, it uses power from the USB connection.
Dec 8, 2013 by Jack T. Phipps
vote
This adaptor works well to convert HDMI to VGA signal. I have used to to drive an old projector from a new computer. I would believe it will work with Chromecast.
Aug 2, 2014 by HVEngr1
vote
Yes, if you use output from a computer or other source that outputs "active" HDMI, meaning power is supplied with the video signal, but other sources that don't provide power may need the USB power source. If the picture is dark or fuzzy or anything like that, try plugging the USB cable in and see if that helps. Worked for me.
Apr 24, 2014 by Brian P.
votes
I'm using this adapter as you've described so it should work for you as well. I hope that this helps.
Dec 3, 2014 by Robert A. Sobie
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   20   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers