5.0 out of 5 stars works like a charm
I purchased this cable in order to watch content from my Lenovo T410 laptop on a HD TV. The laptop has a DisplayPort (DP++) output and the TV has HDMI input.

Simply by connecting the ends of this cable to my laptop and TV, I had an 720p HD image of my laptop screen almost instantly. However, there was no audio.

The lack of audio was *not* due to...
Published on September 19, 2012 by Brandon P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Directional flow
Great product for the price and very well made but you need to verify the direction of flow between components otherwise it won't work. I would have given it a five-star rating if the description had highlighted this fact. This cable is designed to go from Display Port to HDMI. It does not work if you connect from a HDMI video card to a Display Port monitor.
Published 24 months ago by Moemike

5.0 out of 5 stars works like a charm, September 19, 2012

The lack of audio was *not* due to any flaw in the cable. In the process of troubleshooting, I saw several websites which simply blamed this sort of no-audio problem on a "cheap cable" -- but, while this cable is certainly inexpensive (which is one of the reasons I got it!), it has no trouble carrying audio (and very clear audio, at that).

I eventually found a Lenovo forum which held the answer: "First go to your audio settings by going FN + F6, choose 'Audio Defaults + Settings'. Then choose your TV as the default audio."

This did the trick for me -- I instantly had audio (both through the laptop speakers and the HD TV).

The poster on the Lenovo forum also had this piece of advice (which I never followed, since the first step solved the problem for me): "Now the sneaky part. Push FN + F7 and choose 'Projector Only', then sound will come out of the TV. Took me forever to figure out." Again, I had no need to do this, but I'm re-posting it in case someone else does.

In summary, after some fiddling with my cpu's settings, this cable delivered all that was promised: crystal clear audio and visual from my laptop to my HD TV. Note: I have only used the cable on a handful of occasions during the past few weeks, so I'm not in a good position to evaluate its durability. As a previous reviewer has mentioned, when the DisplayPort end connects to the computer, it "latches" into place, and a small panel must be pressed in order to release it -- this "release latch" doesn't feel like the most sturdy thing in the world, but it hasn't given my any problems so far, and handled gently, I would imagine that it will continue to function just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cable, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 15 Feet (Personal Computers)
I had been looking for something to hook my Lenovo ThinkPad T420 up to an HDMI based display (both a projector and a 40" TV). I almost ordered one of the cheap adapters I found on Amazon until I read the reviews that they got stuck in the Display Port on the computer and would not come out. I then opted to go for a cable with the Display Port on one end and the HDMI on the other end. This cable is great. Does exactly what I needed it to. I get full 1920 x 1080 on both the projector and TV which is the resolution they support, and the sound goes through as well. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works even better than I thought it would..., September 20, 2011
(I own the 15' version of this cable)
I bought this cable to connect my Dell Precision M6400 to a TV.
I knew that DisplayPort (and obviously HDMI) is capable of carrying an audio signal, but I didn't know my Dell was wired to have the audio go through the DisplayPort ... port. It is, and this cable is a credit to the DisplayPort spec. I can't vouch for every implementation of DisplayPort working as well as mine, but here's how it works for me with this cable:
(Windows 7 x64, btw)
a) plug HDMI cable into 1080p TV
b) plug DisplayPort into laptop
- computer auto-senses that the TV wants 1080p (or it is guessing, not sure which)
- computer changes my desktop resolution from 1920x1200 (16x10) to 1920x1080 (16x9 1080p standard res)
- desktop is now mirrored on the TV screen and audio is coming through the home audio system
I could change settings so that the TV is a 2nd monitor that extends my desktop or whatever I want, but in my case, the default behavior is perfect.
Great quality cable, excellent connectors that feel sturdy and like they won't fall apart with use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. The only 25' DisplayPort to HDMI cable I could find and it works great., January 30, 2012
S. Power (Austin, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My HP EliteBook 8560p has a DisplayPort video output on it instead of the older HDMI type of port. There are a pretty good number of "adapters" on the market, and also short cables, but I wanted a durable end-to-end solution with none of the opportunities for issues that an adapter introduces. I wanted to get this cable from AmazonBasics or from Cables-to-Go, because I've have very good luck with both of them. As it turned out, when I was shopping, this one from "Cable Matters" was the only option that met my needs. I am happy to say, that I am not disappointed at all. The cable does great at sending high definition 1080P 120hz video and high definition audio from my laptop's DisplayPort to my TV's HDMI input. It works wonderfully, and I'm very happy.

The cable is well made and has good, solid, connectors on both ends. It is the correct length and was packaged properly. It is malleable, yet solid.

I have no complaints at all about this cable. The price was a little steep at $25, when I bought it, but considering there is no competition yet for this length cable, I'm not too surprised or upset. I can remember paying two or three times that amount for a similar cable at brick and mortar stores, back before there were alternatives.

I highly recommend this cable. If there is anything else that you'd like to know about it, that I forgot to put in this review, please let me know in the comments section, and I'll address it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Directional flow, February 3, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I needed, December 26, 2011
My Dell Precision M4400 has a DisplayPort rather than a HDMI port. I wasted a lot of time looking in local stores for a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. Don't waste your time, order online. The cable arrived in about a week with regular shipping. Cable is thick giving the impression that it will last awhile and connectors seem sturdy.

When I plug in the cable, Windows 7 adjusts the computer screen resolution and immediately displays the image on the TV in addition to the computer. Initially, a small sliver is clipped on all 4 sides of the image due to TV "overscanning". This is not a cable issue, rather a TV issue. TVs should have a setting to correct or turn off overscanning.

Some online comments mention having trouble removing a DisplayPort adapter from their computer because it clips into place. With my particular computer and this specific adapter, I have not had any problems. The 15' length was perfect for my situation. This cable was exactly what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, simply works!, July 19, 2012
I've been using the DisplayPort to HDMI cable for the last few weeks with my Lenovo laptop and projector and everything seems to be working as described. This cable allows me to use higher resolution than standard computer cable. It was shipped very fast. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Without Cable TV, February 3, 2012
I am not a technical person and have no idea what cards and such are in my job issued IBM Lenovo T410 laptop. I just know I was tired of trying to get the laptop screen just so, so me and he could watch a movie or TV program online after we traded a $70 monthly cable bill for Netflix streaming $8.

Digging around online I learned about this cable. It sounded like something that would work easily without fanfare and it did. We've had it for just at a year now and I have no complaints. As others have stated the cable is reassuringly heavy and sturdy and makes a nice solid connection with both the TV and the laptop. It has little "teeth" that hold it in place in the laptop and you squeeze the head to unplug it from the laptop. I did not have to make any adjustments and the audio and video comes in crisp and clear first time, every time.

We leave one end plugged into the HDMI on a 32 inch Samsung Slimfit HDTV which is not a flat panel and weighs about 200lbs and plug in the laptop whenever we want. I curl up the cable and tuck it behind the TV when not in use. Now I watch my movies, day old TV shows, concerts, youtube and vacation photos on the bigger screen. Sting and Chris Botti sound so much better through the TV speakers than the laptop speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This cable is good, March 7, 2014
This connected one thing to the other as described. I would recommend this cable for doing the same thing. One time I burned the roof of my mouth on hot pizza and despite the memory of the pain I continue to eat pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable for the Price, October 14, 2012
Edwin "EJ" (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this cable for my Google/Samsung Chromebook Series 5-550. I think it's just about right, not too short, not too long. The connections all seem fine and good quality build. At first I only got picture with no sound, but after powering off the Chromebook and powering back on it works fine now with both picture and sound.

We have an old Samsung flat panel TV, so I bought this to stream Amazon Instant Video and Google Play Movies to the TV, since Amazon doesn't yet support the Nintendo Wii or have an Android app for our tablet. I can stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play movies fine on the Chromebook, but when I want to watch a movie or show with others, this is a fairly easy way to view it on a bigger screen. I can see that it would also be easy to pack in a bag and travel with it as well.

Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 15 Feet