Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 4, 2015
This cable does let you do 4K Resolution at 60 hz. None of the other reviews specifically stated this so I wanted to put my comments and review here. Your video card needs to support 4K and be able to do 60Hz along with your Monitor. So check your Monitor specs and Video card specs to see if it supports 4K.

one other note I want to add is that as soon as I plugged it in, the monitor would not do the 60Hz! It was doing Full 4K at 30 Hz which made the mouse slow and "laggy"

Go into your Monitor Settings from pressing those convoluded buttons on the monitor and find out where to set it to DisplayPort 1.2 then it will work.

so a recap to get full HD 4K at 60Hz
1. Your monitor needs to Support 4K @ 60 hertz - With DisplayPort 1.2
2. Your Video Card needs to be powerful and support 4K Video @ 60 Hertz
3. You need to use DisplayPort Cable to connect Monitor to Computer(Video Card)
4. You need to set your Monitor to use DisplayPort 1.2 (It not set by default, you need to find it and change it to get 60 Hertz) - This one is what was catching me till I found out about DisplayPort 1.2 - http://www.geek.com/chips/displayport-1-2-enables-full-4k-x-2k-resolution-3d-stereo-beyond-full-hd-and-more-1057322/

Hope that helps
on January 8, 2014
Very happy to see this is indeed a displayport 1.2 cable.

35feet, not too bulky either and works at full 144hz on my vg248qe monitor.

The connector is a lot less bulky than a dual link dvi cable.
77 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2014
Just got this cable for my LG 34UC97 21:9 monitor with 3440 by 1440 resolution and it works perfect. I use the HDMI cable that come with the monitor but it only support 50Hz refresh rate Max which is too cinematic for a PCMR. I hit the monitor recommend max refresh rate 60Hz with this cable.
review image review image
33 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
I was worried this would not support my resolution. Turns out, it works just fine. Great price too. It's just a cable, but the company sent me an e-mail ASKING if I needed any support.
on January 23, 2014
It's a great cable for a great price. Bought it to hook up my 24" VG248QE ASUS 144Hz 1080P monitor and it runs perfectly. Obviously a huge step up from DVI and I like it even better than HDMI. If you have the option, go DisplayPort and choose this cable.
6ft is a great size.
on June 1, 2015
I just purchased the 15ft version of this cable for use with my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 and Acer XB280HK monitor.

My setup has my computer in a ventilated closet next to the computer room. This helps cut down on heat and fan noise in the room, but it also means I need longer cables. I purchased the 15ft version to take care of this, but when I plugged it in, I saw HORRIBLE on/off flickering. It was worse for the ports farther from the PCIe pins (closest to the edge of the card) than the port closest.

I almost sent the cable back, but then I tried something odd... I switch the cable around and plugged in the side with the label into the back of my computer and the other side into my monitor. This completely fixed my issue. I can now plug the cable into any port on my computer and do not see ANY flickering. Why would this happen? Maybe Cable Matters only terminates the shielding of the cable at one end, which is a practice to eliminate certain modes of interference. This could mean that one side of my setup is grounded better and is able to sink any interference better than the other. Worth a shot if you have similar issues as mine.

TLDR: If you experience your monitor flickering on/off, turn the cable around and try it the other way.
on July 26, 2015
WARNING: NOT DP COMPLIANT!!!!!!!!!!! Does not meet specs listed at [...] list of qualified devices!!! I repeat this product is NOT DP compliant!!!

ONLY BUY A CABLE THAT IS CERTIFIED TO WORK AND IS ON THIS LIST: [...] (you might have to search for the word "cable") For those that do not care to search on their own, the Accell cable is DP-compliant and can be purchased here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0098HVXVQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Cable matters brand is NOT on that list. It does ****NOT**** meet DP specs and does NOT work right!!!!! Due to insufficient bandwidth on the cable, if your resolution is high enough you will experience constant flickering!

I purchased this cable to use on my Acer XG270HU 1440p 144Hz display and it results in constant flickering (as does the cable that came with the monitor which is extremely disappointing). After TWO RMA's on the monitor and extensive troubleshooting with Acer, I discovered that this item DOES NOT MEET DP SPECS and CANNOT HANDLE EXTREME HIGH RESOLUTIONS AT HIGH FREQUENCIES!!!!

If all you want is a "basic" DP cable to connect low resolutions or low refresh rates, yes this "works" but IT DOES NOT MEET DP 1.2 SPECS!!!!

If you have a high end display, this cable will cause FLICKERING!!!!!!!! BE WARNED!!!
2121 comments|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2015
I was looking forward to using this 10FT Display Port cable with my ASUS PB287Q 28" 4k monitor at 60hz DP 1.2 along with my Ergotech Freedom Arm Mount and Crossfire Sapphire VAPOR-X R9 290X 8GB video cards since it can extend out and move in many orientations, I figured this cable would work wonders compared to the factory 6 ft cable. It looks as if it would not deliver an image. Oh well... On to the next company...
review image
on March 3, 2014
Needed this cable to use my work laptop with my home monitor. For some reason normal DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables are frustratingly hard to find in local stores. I went to 3 radioshacks, 2 bestbuys, staples, officemax, walmart…nada. Some of those places sold them online only and the prices were ridiculous ($25-$30). I'll admit DisplayPort not the most commonly used format, but the fact that I can still easily get a 25 year old bulky vga cable and not a more modern high speed cable is ridiculous. Anyway, I digress. The cable works and it was 3 times cheaper than other prices I was finding. Not much else I could ask for
on October 31, 2012
I have now used my 10' display port to display port Gold Plated Premium Cable by Cable Matters for a little over a month. I just purchased a 30" wide gamut NEC monitor for my photo editing work and it has a choice of 3 connection types. I read up on Wiki and elsewhere and decided the display port to display port option coming out of my Sapphire Radeon Vapor X HD 5770 had the best bandwidth to support the 2560X1600 display. The cable matters website gave the clearest specs of any I reviewed for what bandwidth and pixel config the cable supports at what bandwidth. The Cable Matters cable had good reviews, quality electrical connection, and robust cable construction which was important since I was buying the 10' cable and moving my PC farther away from me for better fan noise isolation. The cable is thick yet flexible, and really "clicks in" at both the video card and monitor connections. When I view HD video now the image is clearly better than the old DVI to DVI based renderings...no flicker, artifacts, and great flow when I watch my New England Patriots. My only regret is the 27" NEC wide gamut monitor I already had is now the "extended desktop" one and does not support display port since it is an older model...oh well.
In summary: painless install, well shielded-no interference, excellent connections at both ends, flexible yet robust, and extraordinarily cost effective compared to the "monster" cables out there. I will look first for Cable Matters products when cable shopping in the future.