5.0 out of 5 stars works fine with 2560x1440
I was worried this would not support my resolution. Turns out, it works just fine. Great price too. It's just a cable, but the company sent me an e-mail ASKING if I needed any support.
Published 22 months ago by rick

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't do high refresh rates at 2560x1440
I bought this cable to go with an ASUS PG278Q, which can do 2560x1440 @ 144hz.
After trying the higher refresh rates and getting no/corrupted video, I discovered that the cable would only do up to 85hz at that resolution, and that I had to go back to the stock cable to get 144.

I guess it's my fault for not fully understanding the product description, but...
Published 3 months ago by Carl

5.0 out of 5 stars works fine with 2560x1440, February 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My first use of display port cabling. Excellent outcome!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 10 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready (Electronics)
I have now used my 10' display port to display port Gold Plated Premium Cable by Cable Matters for a little over a month. I just purchased a 30" wide gamut NEC monitor for my photo editing work and it has a choice of 3 connection types. I read up on Wiki and elsewhere and decided the display port to display port option coming out of my Sapphire Radeon Vapor X HD 5770 had the best bandwidth to support the 2560X1600 display. The cable matters website gave the clearest specs of any I reviewed for what bandwidth and pixel config the cable supports at what bandwidth. The Cable Matters cable had good reviews, quality electrical connection, and robust cable construction which was important since I was buying the 10' cable and moving my PC farther away from me for better fan noise isolation. The cable is thick yet flexible, and really "clicks in" at both the video card and monitor connections. When I view HD video now the image is clearly better than the old DVI to DVI based renderings...no flicker, artifacts, and great flow when I watch my New England Patriots. My only regret is the 27" NEC wide gamut monitor I already had is now the "extended desktop" one and does not support display port since it is an older model...oh well.
In summary: painless install, well shielded-no interference, excellent connections at both ends, flexible yet robust, and extraordinarily cost effective compared to the "monster" cables out there. I will look first for Cable Matters products when cable shopping in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 35ft cable works at 1920x1080 @ 144hz, January 8, 2014
IsHeAimbot?? "IsHeAimbot??" (Pleasanton, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
Very happy to see this is indeed a displayport 1.2 cable.

35feet, not too bulky either and works at full 144hz on my vg248qe monitor.

The connector is a lot less bulky than a dual link dvi cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, January 18, 2013
Yup, the title says it all. I use it for my Lenovo laptop and Asus monitor. It also makes a great conversation piece when I wear it as a bolo tie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally hitting 60Hz with my 3440 by 1440, October 23, 2014
Just got this cable for my LG 34UC97 21:9 monitor with 3440 by 1440 resolution and it works perfect. I use the HDMI cable that come with the monitor but it only support 50Hz refresh rate Max which is too cinematic for a PCMR. I hit the monitor recommend max refresh rate 60Hz with this cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable., January 23, 2014
It's a great cable for a great price. Bought it to hook up my 24" VG248QE ASUS 144Hz 1080P monitor and it runs perfectly. Obviously a huge step up from DVI and I like it even better than HDMI. If you have the option, go DisplayPort and choose this cable.
6ft is a great size.

5.0 out of 5 stars First DisplayPort cable; works perfectly, June 17, 2014
I have a 10' cable connected between my GTX 770 and a 27" Auria display running 2560x1440 and it works splendidly. I needed to open up the HDMI port on the display for another device, and this made it happen for me at a great price.

I do also like the small latches on either connector to ensure a secure fit. The only problem is I once yanked it out with force, having been used to USB, HDMI, 30pin, Lightning, etc all coming out of their ports without the press of a button. I only made this mistake once, and thankfully, the cable is made of sturdy enough material that nothing broke.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, March 3, 2014
Needed this cable to use my work laptop with my home monitor. For some reason normal DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables are frustratingly hard to find in local stores. I went to 3 radioshacks, 2 bestbuys, staples, officemax, walmart…nada. Some of those places sold them online only and the prices were ridiculous ($25-$30). I'll admit DisplayPort not the most commonly used format, but the fact that I can still easily get a 25 year old bulky vga cable and not a more modern high speed cable is ridiculous. Anyway, I digress. The cable works and it was 3 times cheaper than other prices I was finding. Not much else I could ask for

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, January 6, 2013
Ordered this to connect my late-2011 13" MacBook Pro to my 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM monitor. Works as advertised, including sound. Picture is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable., May 15, 2014
I had to run a 32" monitor sitting across the room and this cable was the perfect answer. Great Price and worked flawlessly. No need to purchase the expensive cables, you don't get better quality with those. Digital signals either work or they don't, not like analog where a little interference may cause waves or distortions in a picture. Same holds true for HDMI cables, either they work or they don't because it is digital.