Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 18, 2014
I guess I must have gotten the dud, seeing as how all the reviews are generally good. None of the 3 work well. I've tried on different tvs, apple tvs, dvds, etc. Same result. It works, then it cuts out, comes back on, and cuts out. So annoying. Can I still return these??? I wish....

EDIT: Upon my review, Cable Matters contacted me and tried to diagnose the problem with me. I explained the situation to them and they sent me replacement cables. I wasn't able to test them out for a bit, but have done so recently and so far, so good. So, I am now bumping the stars up to 5, for their customer service, which I totally did not expect but was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
on November 20, 2014
Works great with LG G3. 6 feet cable is awesome for some setups like hooking this to a projector and watching NetFlix for instance. The included micro USB cable probably is not generating enough current for normal charge. LG G3 is reporting slow charge when hooke dto AppRadio 3.
on November 23, 2014
Nothing wrong with this. I plugged it in. It worked.

I drove the wire that charges the Nexus 5 with the wall charger cord. No matter how much I used the fone to play video and stream television, the fone stayed charged. Period.

There was no setup. Just plug it in.

The only disappointment was the picture quality on the TV. Streaming over a cell fone limits the HD quality. Nothing to be done about that. It was not the cord's fault.

I had heard about these USB to HDMI adapters months ago, and now I have one. I read reviews on several products and chose this one. I feel I lucked out in my choice. Reliable, serviceable. What more can I say.
on October 1, 2014
It was a hard decision which cable to buy for my Nexus 7. I got this one and decided to plug it in the way I wanted to use it and not try any spooky method mentioned here. It works. It works great. You can even run the power cable to the USB port on your TV. Decoding about 2 hours of mkv on my tablet on TV USB power dropped my battery about 20%. I switched to the charger included with my tablet and watched 2 hours of Netflix, dropped 2%. With the tablet in sleep mode, it recharges.
on February 11, 2014
1's and 0's are 1's and 0's. It either works or it doesn't. If the cable works, it will show the same quality picture whether it is a $100 Monster cable or a $3 Amazon cable. Anyone in IT knows this, and won't get duped by paying more for HDMI cables.
on December 19, 2013
i bought these to set up a new HDTV. turned out i had some expensive cables, decided to take the 'taste test' and i don't see any difference between these in A/V quality than the ones i was told by a previous big box store i had to buy to take advantage of HD. Why would anyone pay more? Great customer service from the company; nice follow up email.
on December 3, 2014
I use this with my LG Optimus G pro and it works like a champ to project the creen of my phone to a the full TV. If I'm at a friend or relative's place and they don't have a web connection through their big-screen TV I can use it to stream an onine streaming video feed from my phone to their TV so we won't miss a game--and with a good feed you get very good definition

The only star off is more of a limtation of the TV and my cell--even using the in-TV usb port for charging, the thing will drain the phone of power. You might need a wall adapter or something that can supply a lot of power for keeping the phone charged--chances are the TV's usb port (if it has one) won't cut it.

Thus, I'd recommend it--but with the caveat that it will drain your phone's battery life.
on February 25, 2015
This device supports the SlimPort protocol for sharing a phone or tablet screen image on a television. I use it with the LG G3 after finding that my Cable Matters MHL device did not work with the G3. Some operational notes: this device plugs into the HDMI port on the television. Make sure it will fit -- the HDMI plug extends from the body of the unit that contains the electronics. It was a tight fit on the side port of the television I used for testing. I tried this unit with the HDMI input on an Onkyo receiver; it worked there as well. The unit worked as advertised without needing an external power supply. I did not measure the phone's battery consumption rate, but will note that when I connected an older less powerful charger the phone lost charge slowly as it played.
on January 16, 2016
I plugged one side into my LG G4 and the other side into the TV, and my phone screen appeared on my TV. I use this to watch movies from Google Play, Neflix, or just to stream the screen like when the kids want to watch each other play Angry Birds. I also used it with the LG G3, and it works great. I bought this as an alternative to buying a Chromecast because this cable will stream the phone screen regardless of what program is running.

4 months later:
The cable is now randomly disconnecting. The movie will be streaming just fine, and then disconnect. I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in before it works again. This will happen about about three or four times in a 90 minute movie. It's very frustrating when you get into the more captivating parts of the movie.
on August 31, 2013
Good value for the price. I read articles which say that the price of a cord does not matter, no need to go for the expensive ones just because they exist. After this purchase, I agree.