5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, Great Price
Purchased a Mac Mini. Needed a DVI cable.

My only local choices were Radio Shack and Circuit City.

RS had only one choice, a $105 dollar Monster Cable (6'). Pass

Published on May 25, 2006 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Dual link connectors, but not a dual link cable
Published on January 22, 2012 by Shane Nowell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, Great Price, May 25, 2006
This review is from: Cables To Go 26911 DVI-D Male/Male Dual Link Digital Video Cable,Black(2 Meter/6.56 Feet) (Electronics)
Purchased a Mac Mini. Needed a DVI cable.

My only local choices were Radio Shack and Circuit City.

RS had only one choice, a $105 dollar Monster Cable (6'). Pass

CC had only once option, a Belkin for $70. Bought, knowing that I wanted a cable immediately, but also figuring I'd find a cheaper one online. And find it I did, in less than 90 seconds.

Looking at my display (a ViewSonic N3200W 32" LCD TV/Monitor), I cannot tell the difference between the two. So.. Returned the $70 cable and am very happy paying only 15% as much, even including shipping (The cable came 2 days later, even without "expedited shipping").

So.. Great cable at a great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dual link connectors, but not a dual link cable, January 22, 2012
The cable I received featured two male dual link DVI-D connectors as billed, but did not include the conductors required for the dual link. I figured this out by noting that (1) it would not support 2560 X 1600 resolution on my monitor like all other dual link DVI cables have, (2) the cable was approximately 1/2 as heavy in gauge as my other (shorter) dual link DVI cable, and (3) a simple ohmmeter measurement showed that the center two rows of pins (the second link pins) were not connected between connectors.

Also, the connectors did not show identical aesthetic features and showed significant molding flash. All of this suggests that the cable may not be a "Cables To Go" cable, but possibly (although not provably) a knock-off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good cable, May 2, 2007
Jeff Chan (Silicon Valley) - See all my reviews
This is a very high quality cable. It may not have the expensive marketing of Monster, but it has all the right materials, specifically high-performance polypropylene foam dielectric on the signal lines. The connectors are large and solidly molded. Cable diameter is somewhat large at about 9 millimeters or 3/8 of an inch, but that's a result of the good internal construction. That favorable construction also results in a cable that's somewhat stiff, but fully managable. Be sure to get a cable long enough so you can have some slack to make a strain relief loop at the connections. (In other words the cables should not be pulled tight at the connectors or into sharp bends anywhere. Bends should be gradual, with large radii.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, reliable 24-pin DVI-D cable, November 8, 2004
This is item 29527 on CablesToGo's website (sorry, Amazon doesn't let me paste the link). The price on their website is $40, so here you are getting a good deal.

This is a 24-pin male-male DVI-D digital cable. It's cheap and feels cheap, but delivers good performance. I use it to hook my Denon DVD-1910 DVI DVD player to my Syntax Olevia LCD TV. It can also hook to most other HDTVs, such as those made by Sharp, Pioneer, Panasonic, Toshiba, Hitachi, etc.

Most HDTVs and DVI-capable DVD players have female connectors, so you need this M/M cable. But double-check your device to make sure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a dual link cable, March 6, 2012
Wayne Gabany (Katy, TX United States) - See all my reviews
As others have said this does not appear to be a dual link cable. The pins are there on the plug ends but not wired. This cable DOES NOT support 2560 X 1600 resolution on my Dell U2711 (27") monitor. Wire is thin like non-dual link cable. I only got up to 1920x1080 resolution. Bought another cable and it worked fine at 2560x1600. Do not buy this if you need a dual link cable!

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective when combined with 120hz monitor, October 25, 2011
I purchased this cable to be able to achieve 120hz on my Alienware AW2310. It functioned correctly @ 1920x1080 60hz. When changed to 120hz my whole screen would become blurry and text would be unreadable. I ordered a replacement Rosewill DVI-D Dual Link and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if mine was defective or if they this how they all are. It seems like a bandwidth issue. I would recommend avoiding this product if you're using it for a 120hz monitor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective and Dead on Arrival cables, November 16, 2011
First cable - Only lasted two weeks. During these two weeks, when I moved the cable a bit, the video feed shuts off. Eventually, it just died.

Second cable - Sent promptly by Amazon, one-day shipping on them. Dead on arrival. Tested with a friend's DVI cable, worked flawlessly.

I noticed that there are several reviews about DOAs lately - must been a bad production batch or something.

Got the third cable on the way, hopefully, it will work this time.

Edit: The third cable worked. Continue to work even when I move the cables around a bit. I think the third time is a charm :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVI cable, May 22, 2008
Cables To Go DVI-D cable arrived promptly and in good condition. Although it's my 1st DVI cable, it's obvious that it is well constructed and designed -thicker than most, perhaps accounting for shielding of interferences. Overall, this cable provides a solid connection between the digital ports on my display adapter and my flat panel display without any kind of video signal blemishes. They're highly recommended since they do what they're designed to do and they do so very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars not dual link, June 5, 2012
Be aware: this is NOT a dual link cable as labeled. Will not drive 30" displays. Returned to Amazon for refund. But didn't need the hassle. If you are looking for a cable to drive your 2560x1600 display, look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should, August 12, 2006
Tony in SF (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I needed the analog port on my Samsung SynchMaster 191T for a second PC to connect to, so I bought this cable to replace my missing DVI cable and connect it to PC #1. Shut everything down, installed the DVI cable, booted up - and it works perfectly. Definitely worth what I paid on Amazon (almost half the full price at the time).

Rate and Discover Movies