Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 28, 2011
This is a *telephone* cable, not an Ethernet cable that connects a modem to a computer or router.

I am very satisfied with this cable. I use DSL service and the nearest - in fact, the only - telephone jack in my apartment is in another room about 45ft away from where I have the DSL modem placed. I could place the modem closer to the phone jack, use a shorter cable, and use Wi-Fi to connect, but I find the connection incredibly unreliable with all the interference.

The cable itself is very sturdy and well-built. It is, of course, thicker than a regular phone cable - about the thickness of an Ethernet cable - which should add to the durability of the cable.

Where this cable really has an advantage over a regular telephone cable is across greater distances, since performance degrades with distance.
With this cable I get about 4.1Mbps download. Whereas using a regular, unshielded 50ft telephone cable, I would get about a 3.2Mbps download. It's a considerable difference, especially since I could use all the bandwidth I can get on a DSL connection.
I could get a slightly faster connection by using a very short regular telephone cable and placing the modem closer to the phone jack, but the difference isn't that drastic as to make me use the unreliable wireless connection. This cable gives me all I can get off a wired connection 45ft away.

With that said, if you only need to connect a fax machine or a telephone to the wall, just get a regular phone cable. No need to spend the extra money on this cable, as it will make no noticeable difference.
review image review image review image review image
on January 26, 2013
I'll reiterate what others have said: This is an ordinary phone cord with ordinary phone connectors on each end, not an Ethernet cable. Okay, it's not ordinary. It's cat-5 and highly shielded, and it handles DSL signals from your wall jack (or outside phone box) to your DSL modem. Ordinary phone cables are not very good for this.

Here's how I used this cable: I went to my connection box outside my house and disconnected the house wiring from it. Then I plugged this cable in. I routed it into my house (had to drill a couple of holes) to my DSL modem and plugged it in. My internet performance improved significantly with this cable. I hooked up with a voice service provider (Vonage) that provides voice service over an internet connection and disconnected my phone company voice service.
on March 11, 2014
I, unfortunately, have AT&T as my internet provider and their DSL sucks. I have had five (yes, 5) technicians come to my house since Christmas. They've rewired the house, sold me a new modem and finally rewired the cable from the street to the house. The last technician told me a "high speed modem cable" might help. So, I went to the usual places Best Buy, Fry's, Radio Shack and none of those geniuses had ever heard of such a thing. Fortunately, Amazon had them available. I ordered one, used it to replace my old cable and voila, the performance of my modem increased from 1.5 mps to 2.5 mps (even though I'm paying AT&T for 3.0 mps).
on May 3, 2012
For those who are trying to figure out what a "Modem cable" is (I was confused & hesitant at first) this cable is a heavily shielded, telephone cord & was exactly what I needed to relocate my DSL Modem well away from the dedicated wall-jack. With a regular "Radio Shack" type phone extension cord the signal was not strong enough for my DSL modem to keep its link with my ISP. Since installing this "High Speed Internet Modem Cable" the connection has remained rock solid! Well worth the cost... since the cheaper kind simply did not work in my case. Very happy with it!
on October 8, 2013
Well made heavy duty telephone cable; we've never been disappointed by Belkin products. We have 1.5Mbps DSL for email, browsing, shopping and small downloads. (It costs less than we were paying for telephone only.)

Anyhow, downloading a 173MB Kenichi Ebina MP4 from YouTube took 15 minutes before and after I replaced a 35 ft. ordinary telephone cable with the Belkin high speed cable; Speedtest.net download speed was 1.67 Mbps either way. For us, the limitation is apparently what our provider is guaranteeing us.

For those that are interested I also disconnected our internal phone wiring at the DSL "modem" (we have around 20 phones (only 5 ringers connected) in 10 rooms in a star configuration with stubs off many of the extensions. That made no difference in download speed either.

For a small price we have the peace of mind that that skinny phone extension wire isn't causing a problem... and I've freed up our long phone extension for the rare occasion when I need it.
on May 3, 2013
I am using it as a phone cable, works the same as the standard one, but it is much thicker and stronger. Seems to have better quality and is shielded. Both ends are the same, basically a high-quality phone cable. This RJ12 has 6-wires, RJ11 has 4, so the extra two on this don't impact anything, unless you have a corporate-type system, RJ12s are not often needed, but still works as a RJ11/phone/modem cable.
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2014
CenturyLink recently upgraded me from ADSL (20 Mbps contract speed) to VDSL (40 Mbps contract speed). I wasn't getting full speed because I only had an ordinary phone extension cord to reach the modem from the nearest jack and there wasn't a convenient way of reducing that distance.

Nobody in town, even Radio Shack, sold twisted pair (noise isolated) phone cables, so I ordered this C2G cable... which has been perfect. The CRC errors reported by the modem at negligible now - about 1% of the errors previously, and my speed bumped up. Even negotiates a higher speed. Very worthwhile purchase in my case.
on December 27, 2014
I bought this to replace the green cable from CentruyLink and it works perfectly. I ran a bunch speed tests before and after and it slightly degraded performance, but not noticeable. Went from 23.80 average download speed to 23.40 and upload went from 1.88 to 1.86. I know some people report better performance when replacing the green cable, but that was not the case for me. I would think it has to do with going from 12 feet to 50 feet.
on December 6, 2013
I love this cable but the darn ends are not conducive to unplugging and replugging in. I wanted to gie this 5 stars, but I could not get the darn thing disconnected after i wanted to move my computer. So if you ever intend on unplugging be careful. I might still buy again, but I am prepared to go through hell to unplug the darn thing.

Cable it self, 10 stars! Plug ends 1 star.
on July 28, 2013
We have just moved to a new location, the phone jacks here are 50 years old, so perhaps this was overkill but it gives me a feeling [false?] of security. I know that I will lose nothing from the jack to the DSL modem so if I have a problem it is from the pole to the jack. Fits securely on both ends and if I run it over with my office chair I know it will survive. Work the cost and a bit more too!