Most helpful critical review
326 of 356 people found the following review helpful
Use caution if using with Kill-A-Watt - only rated for 10 amps!
on December 20, 2008
This product is fine if you are just using it to free up space on your surge protector or UPS that would otherwise be used by A/C adapters for cell phones, speakers, etc.
However, this cord is only rated for 10 amps. Unfortunately that is not disclosed anywhere in the promotional materials. This means you can only use it for electrical loads of up to 10x125 volts = 1,250 watts. So if you were intending to use this with a Kill-A-Watt to measure, for example, how much electricity your refrigerator or microwave uses, well, don't do it because those appliances may draw more than 1250 watts and overheat the wire, possibly causing a fire.
What is needed for use with the Kill-A-Watt is an extension cord that is rated for 15 amps or more. That will allow safe transmission of the electricity over the extension cord without overloading it.