Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Price:$2.57+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 14, 2010
When I tried to connect my Xbox 360 to my newly acquired mp3 speaker, I found that they both ended in 3.5-mm male mini-plugs. I was scratching my head at my dilemma until I found and ordered this 3.5-mm Female/Female coupler. It worked well and my problem solved. The connections feel solid and there is no loss of volume or fidelity. It proves that the world will grind to a halt without females.

Update 5/31/2013: After more than 2-1/2 years, this 3.5mm Stero Coupler still works.
on December 18, 2010
I purchased two of these; neither works properly. If I plug both male connectors in fully, I get sound from only the left speaker. If I pull one connector partway out I can get sound out of the left speaker, but also get a huge buzzing sound.

I've tried this every way I can, but cannot get clean sound from both speakers. And this is not due to any other cables I am using as I have tested both cables in a direct mode from the amplifier through another test setup. Both cables check out fine. The problem is in this connector.

I'm going to try another brand and vendor. Very frustrating and time wasting.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2008
does not hold the plug tightly, requires a wrap in electrical tape to keep connected
on October 18, 2011
One end appeared to be functional, but the other was so askew that it was impossible to insert a miniplug. Closer inspection reveals that the inside plastic is split and forcing the inner contacts astray.

This coupler also arrived with the two ends mismatched. Neither were gold-colored as the illustration indicates. Some poor chump in a third-world sweatshop is probably just grabbing random parts out of a bin and soldering them together.

They also claim to be "ROHS (sic) Compliant" and have a "lifetime warranty". Since it literally arrived in a plastic bag, it's not clear how warranty claims can be made, so it's just another misleading lie to land the sale. As for RoHS compliance, it will be pretty easy to disprove that claim with a lead test swab.

All-in-all, a pathetic product from a dishonest company which I can only assume is actually named "Cables To Go". It's pretty hard to screw up such a simple item, and yet they managed to do so.
on October 27, 2011
Although the product sort of works, it's totally unreliable. You can't just plug in your cables naturally. You have to carefully position the cable inputs in order to get a solid connection. Then, you can't touch the coupler or you will disrupt the connection. The plugs will not stay connected. There is no "click" from plugging in; it just loosely holds the cables.

One good thing is the unit is cheaply priced.

I have contacted the seller about it. Let's see if a new, actual functional unit is shipped to me. Will update accordingly.
on December 27, 2010
I ordered this STEREO coupler as part of a solution I built to mount and connect my iPhone to my car stereo. Unfortunately, this unit, despite being billed as a stereo connector, was only working for the right channel. I replaced it with one from the local electronics store as it wasn't worth dealing with the return.
I had a couple of short audio cables with male 3.5mm plugs, but I needed a longer cable. The 3.5mm coupler seemed like a good solution, and it was slightly less expensive than buying a longer cable (for any brand that I trusted). It works perfectly, connecting the two male plugs firmly and securely, and passing through the stereo sound in both channels. I'm happy with the coupler.
on May 20, 2013
I used this coupler along with the below to turn my Nikon D7000 into a great photo booth along with 2 Alien Bees B400 Strobe lights and a white muslin background. I also use the cybersync transmitter and receivers.

Allows guest to walk into the photo booth (It's just a mini studio) which I can setup in the corner at wedding receptions, etc. The foot pedal along with the pre-trigger cable allow the subjects to snap their own pictures and be as funny as they want. Seems having a photographer behind the camera makes people not come out and be as funny as they are when they know no one's behind the camera. I have an assistant had out props such as hats and mustaches on sticks along with chalk boards, etc. for guest to write whatever they want.
(I have the camera set to manual focus along with a high f-stop so there's no issues with users being blurry. Camera is set with a 50mm prime lens and covers the entire backdrop)

The wifi card allows users to view their images on my ipad and the otterbox case protect it from kids/rough guest. (also another reason to have an assistant).
I tried the Eye-Fi Card along with Nikons USB Wifi card, and for the money, the transcend card was the best bang for the buck. I leave the camera in live view mode, so it never looses a connection to the ipad by turning off the wifi card. Also that's why I needed the ac power cord for my camera. The ipad is also plugged into power.

Hope this helps someone else setup an awesome photo booth as well!

* Nikon 27018 EP-5a Power Supply Connector
* Kapaxen EH-5 EH-5A AC Power Adapter
* ChargerCity Music Mic Microphone Stand Tablet Mount
* Hosa Cable CMS110 1/8 inch TRS to 1/4 Inch TRS Adapter Cable - 10 Foot
* Boss Fs-5U Nonlatching Footswitch
* Fotodiox Pro Pre-Trigger Remote Shutter Release Cable for Nikon D7000
* Transcend Information 32 GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
* OtterBox Defender Series Case with Screen Protector and Stand for the New iPad
on January 16, 2011
It works after jiggling it around for 10 minutes to get both speakers to play, connection is very loose and random static every now and then. Bought a different one off amazon that is a lot better. I suggest staying away from this one and either buying a different one online or paying the extra few bucks to buy one locally.
on November 6, 2014
The coupler I received had very loose fitting connections on both ends, and like many others, I was only getting sound out of one channel.

Normally I wouldn't give a product a low rating if I happened to get a defective one, but this seems to be a problem with this C2G model that many other reviewers have mentioned. Amazon gave me a refund and I bought the Monoprice 107230 instead (also from Amazon) which worked perfectly and had much better fitting connections.