Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Length: 10 Feet/3.04 Meters|Change

on May 16, 2009
Make sure you understand this is one speaker cable! Unless you are ordering for just center channel you need to order multiple. The banana connections are good and the insulation seems good.
on May 30, 2014
These C2G banana speaker cables are more like a split (cross) tip rather than a flared barrel like the other more traditional banana plugs. There is nothing wrong with this style but they may eventually get loose, if heavily exercised. If left in place it should be fine as long as there is no real strain pulling at the connections. I also have the (15 ft.) Silverback Speaker Wire by Sewell and there is a remarkable difference in the wire thickness. Both "claim to be 12 AWG but the Silverback is visibly better quality and have thicker gauge copper conductors. Granted, these C2G have a (very) thick outer casing that makes them bulky but does little for performance. I would guess these have maybe a 14 AWG - being generous here.
Unfortunately, the Silverback recently raised their prices across the board for all lengths but if you are serious about quality and want 12 AWG wire, go Silverback and spend a few extra bucks. They may even raise their prices again since they are popular, have better ratings and especially with the price of copper. These C2G are priced right for what you get – Made in China quality and questionable specifications. The Silverbacks are also made in China but made to a higher price point. Obviously, Made in USA versions can and will be in the $100’s for comparable specifications and quality on par with the Silverbacks, so good luck.
One last thing, if you care about your audio, spend a few extra dollars and get 100% oxygen free copper (OFC) cables (which both these and the Sewell Silverbacks are). There are tests that conclude that 100% OFC cables do make a "slight" improvement in not restricting the signal from your amplifier to your speakers like copper clad aluminum (CCA) - especially for longer lengths. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.
on June 28, 2009
Nice cable, build quality and a handsome one, at that. I did have a problem connecting it to my receiver, they don't make a tight fit, but I don't know i fit was the cable itself or my receiver. A good product nonetheless.
on May 9, 2012
I had these cables running to Polk Audio RTi8's, Monitor 70's, RTi A3's, RTi6's and CSi A6 center channel speakers hooked to a Yamaha RX-V765 and RX-V567 recievers.
The banana plugs felt tight and secure the first time I plugged them in, however, after the first use they are not nearly as tight. I was listening to a CD when suddenly one speaker quit and wiggling the banana plug made the sound come back. This has happened on two of the six cables I purchased.
These cables seem well made but the banana plug needs to be changed to insure a good connection. I will be replacing the banana plugs on these cables.
I now make my own cables using GLS 12AWG speaker wire and Sewell Deadbolt Banana Plugs with Fast-Lock Technology and now have good cable with a secure connection.
on July 18, 2013
The banana plugs are useless, since they do not stay in the binding posts. In other words, THEY FALL OUT!! They seem to be of very soft metal and after a while they bent to a shape that does not stay in. I had to remove them and replace with real banana plugs.
on January 29, 2013
The wires look nice but no way they are 12 awg. May be that thick if you include the wrap around the wire. The plugs fit but not tight.
on February 20, 2013
I knew I was in trouble when I picked up the package. The jacket for these wires are made from a heavy rubbery blue sheath. It looks cool but it's far to big to thread through my Sanus stands. Plus, they're wicked heavy. Because of that size I'm removing them from my 2-channel rig and they will be sent down to my home theater where I can hide them better. My Adcom amp and JBL Studio 530's had no trouble firmly accepting the plugs. Other reviewers apparently found them to fit loose. I have no such issue. They fit firm and tight. They're just too big and ugly for my 2 channel rig so I'm going back to bare wire. If you like the look of big heavy cables (and I'll admit, it does look cool in an industrial, "serious audio" kind of way) then you'll enjoy the great value of these cables. They get dinged 1 star because the heavy blue sheath is ugly and I'm shallow like that. From a performance stand point, they work just as they should.
on June 28, 2013
First the price is for one -1- cable

I had 14 g wire for my speakers , with these installed there was a noticeable improvement in all waves of the music scale

The cables I had before was monster cable , so they were not replacing a bogus product . I didn't expect

and was somewhat surprised to hear such an improvement . The banana plug fit my speakers and stereo fine , but they were

not as super tight as others I have used , so the complaints' about the plugs not fitting well certainly could

be valid for some systems .
VINE VOICEon March 24, 2013
Rather than have to hook up separate speaker wire to banana plugs, I was looking for a cable that would have these gold plated plugs built in, so I was very happy to find these.

I have a Marantz SR5007 home theater receiver, Mirage OMD-15 speakers and a Mirage OMD-C1 center channel speaker. I wanted to bi-amp the speakers so I used 5 of these cables to hook up everything. All connections are nicely snug and tight and the cables will not easily come out, as some other reviewers had reported for their equipment.

In my experience, the sound is great and the connections are tight, and I would certainly buy more of these if ever needed.
on March 10, 2009
I bought these speaker cables because they already have banana plugs at each end. Cable is nice and thick, seems to be built very well. Color is dark blue, looks black in a dark room. I have all my front speakers connected with these cables and my system sounds great. I also like the look, very pro without the expensive price tag.