Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 14, 2011
I bought this for my teaching. I have an ASUS ep121 Slate, and I needed an adapter of some kind since this table has no VGA port (and all of our classrooms have VGA cables for the projectors). At first the display was a little choppy (with an ugly black cursor in Windows Journal and PDF Annotator), but after downloading the updated driver from the manufacturer's website, everything was smooth as can be. There is a slight delay (about a tenth of a second), which might be maddening for gaming (as a previous reviewer mentioned), but for presentations (including real-time handwriting) it is not a bother.
on April 9, 2012
I installed this on my windows 7 laptop. Installed pretty quickly (Required a re-boot). I only run business applications, so I notice no lag at all. The only problem is that the video quality is not nearly as good as my main monitor, even though both are very high quality LCD's. I have brightness and contrast as high as possible, but the USB controlled monitor is noticably dimmer and the images less sharp.

Having said that, its a good, cheap option to run a second full size monitor. I now have two monitors, plus my laptop, so tons of desktop space, which is really what I wanted without having to switch to a desktop computer.
on January 29, 2011
I did not like this VGA adapter to much, the speed at which windows(really anything) is displayed is slow, I guess I just may have had higher hopes for this item, if you are getting it for gaming I would not recommend it if you are using it for just regular work then you should be ok.
on October 21, 2011
I'm using several of these USB VGA adapters in our retail store to provide a customer display at our checkouts. This adapter installed easily on a Windows XP machine, and configuration was painless. Recommended for situations where you don't want to install an additional video card on an older PC.
on April 25, 2012
I purchased this for the little netbook to use hooked up to the TV, and it displayed a good picture, but there was a little flicker in it..updated the drivers for pc and product, didn't help..called tech and they had a new driver, downloaded that, same thing..had to return it..was using it with Windows XP..it recognized it right off, but I couldn't handle the little blip in the picture here and there..actually the driver downloads kind of freaked the pc out a little bit, wouldn't start back up right after, had to start in safemode and remove driver, then the pc was okay again..maybe just didn't jive with XP too well...cables to go recommended another vga cable they had that was about 20 bucks more with a different chip..
on January 16, 2012
I do not use this for gaming but with normal web browsing, I see no lag. I have a 1.83 intel centrino chip laptop and it works flawlessly. I had to search this on other sites but I posted a picture of supported resolutions. I have it running XGA (1024x768).
review image review image
on March 29, 2012
I spent two hours trying to get this work for my Dell laptop. I spoke to a CablesToGo support rep and even downloaded the "newest" driver. Still nothing. Then I figured it might work on a system running Windows 7, so I asked a coworker to try installing it. He followed the installation instructions, and when asked to reboot his computer, Windows failed to start. He unplugged this piece of **** and launched startup repair. I strongly advise against purchasing this item.
on December 20, 2011
I brought this item because my netbook did not have a VGA slot. The VGA adapter cable allowed me to play powerpoint slides, movies, pictures with ease using my projector. I'm very happy with my adapter.
on April 25, 2012
I have this adapter for my laptop at work to hook up a 3rd display. It's ALRIGHT as a VGA-to-USB adapter. Your computer has to do a series of flickers and reloads before you get back your full displays, the load time is kind of poor, and overall is really just doesn't seem to get along with my computer well at all. On the other hand, on my home machine I have the DisplayLink UGA-2K-A and it works like a dream! A little more expensive, but you will definitely be please with that product as opposed to this one.
on November 22, 2011
Product didn't include a driver, and Windows XP couldn't find it automatically. After I searched the manufacturer's website and downloaded the appropriate driver, however, I haven't had any issues.