Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 2, 2014
ATX connected to the....Motherboard. Sing along everyone! Okay, NOT funny. This not ONLY connects...But it's a pass through Molex connector!!! How great is that! And it worked when I used it!!! (the fans go crazy, oh the humanity)

So if this is the adapter you need...than I recommend you buy it. Maybe I should have just said "It works".

Good day
on October 30, 2014
I added an additional fan to my computer and needed this adapter to power it as I only have one MB fan header and didn't want to try to split that. This does exactly what is advertised in allowing me to hook up my fan directly to the power supply.

This adapter works equally well for three or four pin fans (which will only use the three pins supplied), and will likely work with two pin fans as well.

The third pin is not connected, as this one would be used to provide speed info to the MB which is not necessary in this case. However, the third pin sticks out past the plastic bracket, and may short if it touches the case or another component (I'm not completely sure if this could happen, but the fan should send pulses down if with speed info, so it probably can). I am going to cover the part of the pin that sticks out with electrical tape so it can't contact anything. Because of needing to do this, I am taking one start off my review.

Additionally, the one that I received does not look like the picture. It has the two ends of the molex connector connected by long wires between them. This could be an advantage for some people on acting like an extension, but I consider it ugly and a bit unwieldy, because of this I took another star.
on December 14, 2011
Basically does what it's supposed to. Plug it up to a powersupply and a fan and off you go. No way to give this anything less than 5 stars.
on June 15, 2014
Well honestly not a whole lot to say here... I use this with an AC to molex power adapter to power PC case fans that I have used to modify and cool an entertainment center to allow me hide components without fear of them overheating. It functions well the fan spins so there we go.
on November 14, 2013
As prior comments mentioned, the product lies just a little, instead being a 2-pin ATX fan on a 3-pin connector to molex cable. Despite the lies, it works rather well, and on some fan units, switching the leads will jave slower units suddenly run faster.
on October 9, 2013
I wanted to add additional fans in my gaming computer, I needed this to make this work, works great looks kinda like the picture, the cord for the fan is longer than pictured at least for me.
thankx
on March 12, 2013
I ordered a mass of these, they all arrived in one bag undamaged, and I love them. They work perfectly, although you will not have control over your fan speeds, due to the fact they are direct wired to your PSU. So watch out if you think you can use these with a fan controller. You cannot. But I'm not one of those prissy "my case is so pretty and quiet" guys anyway, so air speed doesen't matter to me, as long as my components are cooled.
on April 17, 2013
Only have three 3-pin connectors on my motherboard and I accidentally fried one, so I needed another way to connect this fan. For the adapter and now it is running flawlessly off of a molex connector. 'Nuff said
on November 27, 2012
I got a few of these. As I recall, the fan, a 140mm fan from Corsair, I believe, came with a special terminal, meant to be plugged into a motherboard 3 pin connector. But I was using it as one of the fans for my case, which has a total of 11 fans, meaning 7 140mm, 1 200mm, and 3 120mm.

I have plenty of molex connectors, and even molex splitters - so this is perfect to drive a fan like that.
on September 30, 2013
This seller does not send you what you you pay for! Purchased 4 pin molex to 3 pin atx fan adapter. I received a molex female and male with a 2 pin fan connector! Nothing like picture even incorrect product.