5.0 out of 5 stars A good mystery for young teens...
Published on September 12, 2009 by Dr. Bob

3.0 out of 5 stars Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
haha he's going too tower Thor is a good time with my mom said you were going out tonight but I'm sure you'll find out what are the same as those who don't have poop in their butts.And they smell and smoke.
Published 12 months ago by $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mystery for young teens..., September 12, 2009
Dr. Bob (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
I was making a postage stamp exhibit on "Cabooses Uses" and found that the railway caboose was used for a variety of items including as a setting for young persons' literature. I wanted to know of other uses of cabooses including art, literature and advertising. This story met those goas and I read this story that has a mystery inside of it to get the feel for riding in a caboose as a young person. The author actually took a ride on a caboose and did many of the items described in this fiction story. The work is part of the author's "Boxcar Mysteries" series about railroads. It was great and very truthful about cabooses and how they were used on freight trains. While it is designed for the young reader it is very easy to read at a lower but not insulting level. It even has the typical younger brother who gets into trouble and misses the train as it gets ready to go on its way. He is picked up later on a return trip after being found in the woods by another youth.

A grandfather took his grandchildren on a week-long ride in a caboose and this is the setting for the story. There are really two cabooses, one for the girls and one for the boys in this adventure. Both do some funny things but yet very realistic. Many trainmen riding in a caboose would do similar somewhat strange things while in a caboose. They cook their own meals, meet with the Conductor, Engineer and trainmen and even get a chance to run the engine in a very realistic setting.

Since their main caboose had been used in a circus a mystery emerges when a diamond bracelet is discovered in the "cupola". All try to discover how it ended up hidden in a caboose. It is a very interesting story and verified what I learned about how cabooses were used in freight trains for over one hundred years of railroading in the U.S. They are now disappearing from the rails but did you see one on that train that just went by?

4.0 out of 5 stars THE BOXCAR CHILDREN, THE CABOOSE MYSTERY, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
These books are memory making adventures that most kids seem to fall into. I read a few of them as a child, but I don't remember them being a series of mysteries. The girls I care for (6 yr. old twins) totally fell in love with them. I ordered used copies and they arrived quickly and in fairly good shape. The only problem encountered was the binding in one of the books is so old the pages are falling out. That is not anyone's fault, so no worries on this end. We will continue to purchase them as we read through the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good chapter books for the kids, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
None of the Boxcar Children books are great literature, but they are fun stories that my boys love. They have been the perfect chapter books to introduce the kids to longer stories and I'm sure my boys will enjoy reading them on their own once their reading skills are that strong. This particular purchase was a gift for a boy who loves trains and the Boxcar Children, so it worked perfectly. We also own and have read a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, January 29, 2013
Bryan K (HOUSTON, TX, US) - See all my reviews
My daughter will finish a book a day if i let her and she is burning a whole in my pocket reading these as fast as she does. she loves all the books in the series

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but not neccessarily challenging, September 7, 2012
Sunny (Boulder, CO) - See all my reviews
I remember reading this series when I was 7 or 8. The stories are pretty diverse and the writers do a good job of providing information on a bunch of different subjects so that kids get something out of the story besides pure entertainment without even realizing it.

However, even as a 7 or 8-year-old, the mysteries (motives, suspects, details) were pretty easy to solve ahead of time, which is why I only gave this one 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best children's book series, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
I loved the boxcar children books when I was young. Indeed, I still read them every now and then. My children loved the books and now my grandchildren are reading them and asking for more books from the series. This series is an excellent set of books to help turn children on to the love of reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pick for children, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
My grandchildren love the "Boxcar Children" books. It is nice to have a reliable series of books that you can depend upon to entertain and create a desire in children to read books. I found that the children actually look forward to receiving a new book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
my nephew loves the series and i buy them for him when he finishes the one he is reading.he took one from the school library right before vacation and it was his first chapter book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for my 9 year old daughter, November 30, 2008
D. Spaulding (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
My 9 year old daughter loves this books and the whole series. She gets so excited when they arrive, she can hardly wait to start reading each new one.
Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) (Paperback)
My granddaughter has enjoyed the Boxcar Children series for the past two years. She loves the stories and the interaction
of the characters.

Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11)
Caboose Mystery (Boxcar Children #11) by Gertrude Chandler Warner (Paperback - January 1, 1990)
$5.99