5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Bargain
These have gone in price (by 50% of the original price) since I originally wrote this review but its still a bargain compared to what you pay at other retailers.

November 2006
Published on November 10, 2006 by A. Ahn

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for busy chewers
I bought these 'retriever rolls' for my 18 month old yellow lab. He went through most of one in an evening. They are not very compressed and unroll easily. He got his teeth attached to the end that was unrolling, put his paws on the roll, pulled hard and basically unrolled it like fruit leather. The rolls don't hold up as long as others and I won't be reordering them.
Published on February 26, 2012 by northwest gal

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for busy chewers, February 26, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Different Quality, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
These were of a different quality than the first bag of 20 chews I purchased online. They were the same brand, but the package was different and they were much lower in quality. My dog had diarrhea for two days after downing one of these. They were darker and different colors, compared to the first batch which were white and consistent. I'm almost afraid to order online again.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Made in USA, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
These rawhides were advertised as made in USA. The bag states they are made in South America. Would prefer to have accurate manufacture location information. Product quality is good, price is fair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
While these rawhides are large and take a fair amount of time for my lab to finish one, I don't deem it safe. As my dog chews the rawhide, sharp slivers break off and are left behind. I'll walk through the house barefoot and find these sharp remnants wherever the dog was chewing them and they HURT! I can only imagine what it's like for the dog to be chewing and get one of these shards jammed into his gums or worse, swallow one and get it stuck in his throat. I am not a fan of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Bargain, November 10, 2006

November 2006
When I first ordered the retriever rolls I was worried I had sacrificed quality for quantity but I was absolutely wrong. Each retriever was about 11" long and about 1.25" thick. They were identical in quality to the rawhide rolls I buy at the pet store for $2.99 each!! I have a VERY active 18 month (100 lbs) yellow lab but when I give him a retriever roll he will lay down to chew and play for hours at a time. They are thick and durable enough to last about week which is a miracle since he is a chewing machine. I highly recommend them to anyone with a puppy or dog who chews.

3.0 out of 5 stars Retriever Rolls, May 14, 2007
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
My dog loves most retriever rolls I have given her and these are no exception. She likes them just fine, but I find that they splinter into many small pieces as she is chewing on them and this makes an ugly mess. Other than the mess, these retriever rolls are fine; however, next time I will try another kind of roll. Also, these rolls cost about $1 a roll whereas the last time I ordered rolls (through EBay) they cost half as much (100 for about $50). Maybe the price has doubled over the past year because I wasn't able to find retriever rolls any cheaper than the ones I am reviewing here today.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, July 6, 2008
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
Good but not as substantial as the ones I have bought at CostCo in the past. I thought they were more solid in the middle. Thse splinter too easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love 'em, can't afford them, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
I have been buying these for my coonhound and retriever. They love them as in they can go through one a day. When I first started buying them a couple of months ago they were $1 a piece, now doubled in price. I can no longer afford their rawhide habit. I have switched to natural bones, cheaper and probably healthier. These are NOT made in USA but Central America.

3.0 out of 5 stars Variable Quality, January 4, 2007
Ricky (Brentwood, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
Two out of four bags purchased have been great. Good for at least a day of chewing by our happy Lab. However, two bags must have come from old cows, because they couldn't be chewed. The dog gave up interest quickly. We tried soaking them in water, but this had little effect once the they dried. Overall, they're great whan you get a "good" bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves 'em...BUT, November 11, 2009
Y. Yamada "Jaysan" (United States of America) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb) (Misc.)
...just be sure to wash each one before you give them to your dog(s) because during its processing, traces of chemicals are still left intact on the rawhides. My dog used to have upset stomach every time I gave him one of these, so I did a little google research and found out some disheartening information as to why he might be getting stomach aches. Otherwise these are great, his stomach no longer gurgles like crazy and he's keen on chewing these more than ever now. Just wash/rinse them with water inside and out and they'll be fine :)

Cadet 10" Retriever 20pk (5lb)
$49.99 $38.84