4.0 out of 5 stars Thermador Wall Heater Replacement by Cadet
Published on June 25, 2010 by Barry Witler

3.0 out of 5 stars Direct Replacement is the Only Reason to Buy
Despite being made in the USA (its not, its made in Canada) this is a mediocre item. I replaced the last one (A Cadet) which only lasted about six years. The original (no longer made) lasted thirty years.

Published 23 months ago by Chris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Thermador Wall Heater Replacement by Cadet, June 25, 2010
Barry Witler (LA CRESCENTA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cadet Manufacturing 79241 120-Volt Compact Electric Wall Heater, 1000-Watt, 8.33-Amp (Misc.)
I bought this to replace an original bathroom wall heater that was over 50 years old. That one had coils and the surface would get real hot. If you left a towel in front of it for awhile, I think it would ignite. The new version has a fan and is much safer. The surface doesn't get very hot and the fan is quiet. I just purchased another one to replace the heater in my other bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, March 31, 2010
I bought this heater to replace a similar older model in my bathroom. It fit in the spot great and the fan circulates air warming the entire bathroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, installed easily, June 24, 2010
Michael L. Touna (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My old wall heater from the 1970's finally burned out. Because that model wasn't available anymore i want with something that looked similar, the Cadet heater. It was very easy to install and took only about an hour from box to turning it on. And it works perfect, heating up the room quickly. It doesn't get as hot as my old heater but i can understand why. The old heater seemed too much of a fire hazard. This new heater covers the heating units and blows the hot air out. Works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall Heater Review, June 24, 2010
This Cadet wall heater is better than the Thermador RB101 due to the fan. I love how it can blow warm air into the adjacent bedroom. Great product and easy to install. I will be ordering a second one soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Direct Replacement is the Only Reason to Buy, January 15, 2013
Chris (West Covina, US, Canada) - See all my reviews

The heat produced is minimal for a bathroom. This is not a particularly good heater... The only real advantage is that it fits into (with some pushing, etc.) the orginal wall "can." If you are like me and not particularly handy this is the only way to go. If you are handy enough to put in a new heater, ceiling or wall etc.. loose this one. Its just not that good a heater nor is the quality there.

The "protective coating" is some tape all over the chrome parts and had to be picked away sliver, by sliver - a pain in the neck to say the least.

If you do buy one avoid buying from Gradysonline.com - I made that mistake. It took eleven days to get the heater. I have amazon direct which offered free two day shipping but the web site said that Amazon was out of the product. The only communication from Grady's was a UPS tracking EMAIL two days ago. The tracking information indicated it left the seller's facility yesterday - near my home!!! Eleven days is ridiculous without some communication. Wish I had just gone to the local ACE hardware to buy this thing - its been a cold week.

Three stars, only because it is the "only game in town" for a direct replacement. Otherwise, there are much better heaters - and stay away from Grady's. I am really surprised that Amazon (typically excellent customer service) allows this company to sell on the Amazon web site. Well, three stars is actually quite generous considering the overall product and sales...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall heater replacement, June 29, 2013
Installed my new heater in less than 30 minutes and I just enjoy the fan action versus the old heater. Less time to do the job, really great..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bathroom Heater, March 25, 2013
Ron Williams (Long Beach, California United States) - See all my reviews
This was my second heater that I needed for my home. Product arrived on time and was as I expected. The fan works great and blows the warm air into the room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the heater I was looking for!, May 23, 2014
Heater look great and installed easily. Had to get the wall can also because my old one was too small. This heater is actually a lot better than my old 45 year old wall heater. Very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Flimsy!!!, May 21, 2014
I received the product 1 day prior of the window to be expected. The box was the original manufacturers box and had NO inner packaging to protect the product. The box was dented .....upon opening the box the product was........drum roll please......if any one quest damage.......you r a winna!!!!! The seams on all 4 corners of the product had separated. The plastic coating on the metal surfaces to protect it from getting scratched was damaged. The individual parts for the product were all over the box. Worst Product for the money. No where near heavy duty and flimsy. If you r desperate and need a replacement from the original.....I wouldn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor appearance after mounting, April 18, 2014
Their is a warp between the cover and its bracket causing a separation in the fit line. It is functional but just doesn't look professional.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›