Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: e-pill CADEX 12 Alarm Watch. Long Alarm Duration.Medication Reminder and Medical ALERT ID Watch.
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 6, 2008
Why in the world would a woman buy this big-manly looking watch? Well, if you are like me, always forgetting to take meds on time, it is a God-send. It wasn't too difficult to program, even at my age of 72. It works very well and does the job. The only down side is its size. It looks more like a man's watch, but I replaced the strap with a better looking band so it feels a bit more feminine. I have it set for 4 alarm times with the names of the meds to be taken that scroll across the face of the watch. It works great!
on June 4, 2008
I bought the watch thinking that if I needed to give medical data to a doctor or EMS and couldn't the watch could. I'm a diabetic who has had a kidney transplant. I take many different meds & insulin. The alarms remind me when to take the meds. I am beyond pleased with the watch!
on March 17, 2009
I am so frustrated because this watch would have been perfect but for one thing - the alarm is barely audible! The company should take into consideration the fact that many of the people that need to be reminded to take 12 medications a day are elderly and have diminished hearing. If Cadex comes up with a way to improve the alarm on this watch I'd buy it again in an instant.
I've been using this brand of watch exclusively for the past seven years to keep track of appointments and for daily reminders of all kinds. Recently I've tried using the iPhone I received at Christmas for the same purpose, but I've personally not found it a good substitute. Yes, the iPhone alarm is louder, but I don't like the way it just keeps running and running endlessly until you shut it off. Not to mention it is horribly loud, blaring out even if you have your phone on mute. In contrast, this alarm rings for 60 seconds, loud enough for the owner of the watch to hear it, but not so loud that it disturbs others. It has a "snooze" function, too. If you tap the top, right "forward" button twice, the alarm shuts off. But if you tap it once, the alarm will continue to beep every three minutes. (By the way, I don't recommend shutting off any alarm you've set on this watch until you've completed whatever task the alarm was set to remind you of.)

This watch comes with either a silver face or a black face, and I've owned both. I don't see much difference in either. If you are interested in making a fashion statement as a woman, this is not the watch for you because it certainly isn't a dainty, ultra-feminine watch. But if you are a pragmatic person who doesn't care about things like that, this watch looks just fine.

The retail price for this watch is $100, but you can usually get it between $55-60. However, even with that discount, that's not what I'd call an inexpensive watch, and it would be great if this watch lasted for many years. Unfortunately, in my experience it does not. Yes, the actual mechanism inside the watch lasts for a very long time, but there are two tiny, cheap-plastic parts which render the watch useless within 18 months to 2 years when they give out. I don't know the name for these parts, so I will describe them.

Every watch has a band, and there is a little bar which holds the band to the watch. This bar looks and functions exactly like a toilet-paper holder. There is a spring-action bar that is held in place by two, for lack of a better word, clamps. On this watch, these two clamps are minute in size and quite fragile. It is inevitable that the vast majority of the time this watch will be used one-handed, since it will be on your arm, and you can't use the hand of the arm that the watch is on. The slight force caused by one-handed pressing the buttons on the watch daily to set the timers or press the button on the watch to turn off an alarm or engage the snooze function eventually wears down this little piece to the point that it breaks off. When that happens, the watch band falls off and the watch becomes useless since the whole point of a watch is that it is conveniently on your wrist.

The only ways to slow down this eventual breakage that I know of are rather a hassle. The most inconvenient choice is to never press the buttons one-handed, taking off the watch to press the buttons so you can brace the opposite side of the watch face to entirely avoid pressure on the little clamps. Slightly less bothersome is to try and brace the watch when you are pressing the buttons one-handed. Here's how I do it: When you are turning off an alarm, press your thumb on the lower left side of the face of the watch, avoiding the red "Alert" button just below the face of the watch. When you are setting a reminder, press your index finder onto the "Cadex" logo at the top of the watch while you press the lower-left button to get into the alarm system. Then press your thumb in the same position as for shutting off an alarm while moving through the 12 alarms to get to the place you want to go to set one.

PROS:
1. It has 12 separate alarms, which is a lot more than many other alarm watches.
2. It is convenient to have an alarm clock on your wrist (rather than in your pocket or purse for an iPhone).
3. The snooze function is very useful if you can't respond to the alarm immediately.
4. The sound of alarm is loud enough to be heard by the owner of the watch without being utterly irritating to the people around you.
5. You aren't likely to lose a watch-alarm system since it is on your arm.

CONS:
1. You have to replace it frequently for the reason I gave above.
2. It's not for the fashion conscious.
3. If you are hard of hearing, it may not be loud enough (the iPhone alarm system works much better because you can set the volume to the highest level, which is foghorn loud; the iPhone also vibrates strongly, and it never stops blasting until you shut it off, so you will definitely hear it eventually, especially if you put it on your bedside table or under your pillow at night.)
4. It is not waterproof, so you need to take it off before you shower or go into a pool.

I give this watch 4 stars in spite of the breakage problem because I can't get along without it. It is invaluable to me in a busy life with endless demands in helping me keep track of commitments.
on September 17, 2008
I like this watch. It has a large face for easy reading. It was pretty easy to set up. My only wish is that it had a light for seeing it at night.
on May 26, 2008
This watch is absolutely amazing. It has gotten me on schedule again, and thank heavens! I also love the data bank feature, and snooze alarm. Congratulations to the company for a great product!
on January 10, 2009
The watch itself was easy to program and stored a lot of additional medical information that would be helpful to have for doctor visits or unexpected hospital admissions. We bought this watch for a family member but had to return it simply because he could not hear the alarm. The alarm is not "too quiet" nor is it "too loud or obnoxious" but the alarm sound is high-pitched. All of us were unaware (as was he) that he had any problems hearing until the purchase of this watch and he has subsequently been fitted for a hearing aid so perhaps it did serve as a good diagnostic tool!
on January 31, 2010
The watch is great. It works well and easy to set. The only problem I had was that the sound was not loud enough. I have a hearing problem and if the watch was under my sweater I did not hear it.

It would be nice to have a watch that has sound and vibrates at the same time. If I can extend my wish list, it would be nice to have a sound adjustment ... have it possible to increase the volume.

Delivery was prompt and no problems.
on January 10, 2012
This would have gotten Five STARS if I could hear it.

I bought this watch a while back to prepare for a round of chemotherapy. It has an extremely soft beeping and is hard to hear, even when it is on my wrist or in the open drawer right next to my bed. I have to have another timer set to make sure I do not miss the medicine dose as it is a very "timed" regiment.
SO FAR I HAVEN' FOUND AWAY TO MAKE IT LOUDER,
While I thought this would be a great help in keeping on track I have to say it has been a disappointment..and it's too late to return it.
Lastly and not so important The rubber strap is not comfortable and kind of stiff. Seeing that a woman invented it I would have thought she would have included a woman in her design which is only secondary to it's actual use.
i have just read all the complaints about the alarm. I personally feel they should make it right and send us all a watch with a (loud) alarm.
on November 12, 2013
I purchased this for my mother who had become very ill and was required to take various medicines at differing times. Often she would fall asleep and I was worried she would miss a medication so I looked for a medication reminder with an alarm and readout where it could list the medicine to be taken. I wanted a watch so it would always be on her.

I sent this to my folks thinking my 79-year-old techie dad who is great with computers and gadgets could program it for my 76-year-old mom. He could not. I arrived two weeks after the watch arrived and it was not in use. The instructions were in very small print which I thought was odd since I figure that the average user would be elderly. I am in my late 40s and found them difficult to read. I also found the instructions a bit unclear but solvable. Once I figured it out I had the watch programmed relatively quickly (we used all 12 alerts). Once programmed it worked like a charm.