5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tool, High Quality, Nice Features
Published on April 14, 2010 by Dina Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay away.
First gun came with a missing plastic tip.
Second gun came with the tip.
Both guns jam.
The driver blade will not retract once it has fired a nail.
Returning both and going with a Grex GB.

Published 15 months ago by DoneRight

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tool, High Quality, Nice Features, April 14, 2010
This review is from: Cadex CB18.50 18 Gauge Brad Nailer, 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch (Tools & Home Improvement)
I purchased this as a replacement for two inexpensive nailers I had that both stopped functioning correctly. I purchased this without reviewing any other comparable brands on the market because my brother had done a lot of research and purchased the same gun a couple months ago. I used it a few times and really liked its features, the way it felt. I've had it for a couple weeks now and have used it for a few projects running about six or seven sleeves through it without any issues. Looking forward to keeping it for a long time ! I added an L shaped belt clip to the inlet which makes it just barely able to close the case it came with, but other than that its 5 stars !

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH QUALITY,ALL METAL,QUIET, May 21, 2011
Cadex CB18.50 18 Gauge Brad Nailer, 3/4-Inch to 2-InchReally nice gun ,all metal,super quiet.does not look like any other gun out there.it is shorter than other guns by about an inch,really helpfull in tight spots.hands down 5 stars + but it sure would have been sweet with a belt hook like the Cadex 23 guage pinners

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gun, April 4, 2014
I have 10 finish nailers. The ones I used daily are the 18 gauge and have 7 of those. From original 90's Hitachi's to new Makita's they were all great until they stopped setting the nail and constantly jamming up (makita). The older hitachi's are my favourite guns second to this Cadex. For the reviewer sean david maynard, I can use mine in tight spaces no problem. The body is shorter than the competition making it easier to use in closets and such. There's barely any kickback and it consistently fires 2" brads into solid maple.

For those of you complaining there is no belt hook, there's an easy solution. Where the magazine connects to the body by the handle there is a machine screw. What you do is go to your local makita factory service center (or order online) and pick up a belt hook they put on the AF505's. Take out the machine screw on your Cadex and install the hook. If you prefer the hook on the blower side of the gun install a longer 10/32 machine screw complete with nut. I used brass so it would match. Looks factory and the makita hook costs around $5. I have makita hooks on almost all of my guns.

Aside from it being a bit heavier than your cheap nailers, there's really nothing to complain about. Make sure you dial in the air right and oil it properly. I guess one gripe I would have is the cheap stickers on the gun instead of imprinting CADEX into the body, but hey obviously Cadex was trimming the margin a little. Get this gun for the price its a good deal. Better deal if you get it on sale.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay away., November 6, 2013
First gun came with a missing plastic tip.
Second gun came with the tip.
Both guns jam.
The driver blade will not retract once it has fired a nail.
Returning both and going with a Grex GB.

Supposedly these are made in the same factory as Grex, and I wanted to like this gun, and had high expectations for it. Jamming and becoming inoperable on the first day of use is completely unacceptable. I bought a Cadex pinner, as well, which I have had zero problems with, but after this fiasco with their brad gun I will be returning that as well. I have no faith in a company that produces a tool that fails on the first day and they will not be receiving any more of my business.

Returning the item was a headache, as well; I purchased the item with a prepaid card that can not be credited, which is the only refund method Amazon provides, they will NOT credit the amount of purchase to your account to be used towards future purchases. Now I'm forced to return the item, wait for them to try to credit the prepaid card, realize it can't be done, then I have to wait for the billing specialists to (hopefully) send me a check for the refund amount.

I used to love Amazon, and will probably continue to use them, however the refund options (what options?) should be a little more convenient and numerous if you ask me. I seriously can't believe that crediting the amount to my Amazon account isn't an available option.... I mean seriously? WTF AMAZON... you'd rather me take my money elsewhere once I get the refund? Why not credit my account so you know the refund will get spent on your site? Stupid!

5.0 out of 5 stars great brad nailer, September 25, 2012
a great brad nailer. good depth set, although a bit heavier than other nailers i appreciate the strong and sturdy construction of the gun. the swivel air fitting is a great addition as it the clear out. i love how easy it is to clear jammed nails. cadex has my business

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Pro's, May 18, 2013
I have and love the 23 gauge pin nailer from Cadex. This gun is nothing like that. It is embarrassingly heavy and bulky. I am a high end finish carpenter. Can not get gun into corners because of bulk, and would only fire if gun was square with work piece. A belt hook is a must have feature for a finish carpenter and this gun doesn't have one. The finish on gun scratches easily, looks ten years old after only two weeks on a job sight. I sent this gun back.

3.0 out of 5 stars heavy but good quality, April 30, 2012
The shipping was fast, but the package i received was already open once and they took the safety glass that usually comes w the gun...order here if u dont mind otherwise buy elsewhere...havent use the gun yet...lil heaver for the frame being metal

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SELLER - WOODWORKER SPECIALITIES, April 14, 2010
It is a good gun, no doubt, but what set this transaction apart for me me was the extraordinary after-sale support I received from Bob Gadd of Woodworker Specialties who sells these through Amazon (I think you can get it directly from his website too). If you have any doubts about buying this BMW of 18 gauge nailers, rest assured that you will get service like you will not believe. By the way, I also bought the 23 ga. Rotek pinner from him and that truly is an excellent, excellent gun.ROTEK (BY CADEX) RPN0635 1-3/8" 23 GAUGE PINNER - HEADLESS PIN NAILER