Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Caillou's Winter Wonders
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 14, 2013
My daughter loves Caillou, and I'm sure she'd love to watch this DVD. But it's encoded with some god awful anti piracy protections that are so secure they prevent it from playing in any of the 3 DVD players I own! I can't even play it in my computer without allowing it to install some kind of software on the system, which I will never allow a DVD to do. It won't play in my Linux computer no matter what I do because the DVD can't install it's Windows based software on my machine.

I'm all of anti piracy measures, but it's a little ridiculous that the only way they would think of to protect this DVD is to make it completely unplayable in any modern DVD hardware.
on January 7, 2012
The content get 5 stars. My son loves Caillou, and I think it's a great influence for a young boy.

BUT

(1) Why does a PBS DVD have commercials? Seriously, this is PBS, not Nick.

(2) The comericials are mandatory. There is no way to fast-forward around them. If your kid is having a tantrum for Caillou, there is no way to instantly pop in the DVD and watch Caillou. Instead, you are forced to watch the mandatory 5 minutes of commercials first. Seriously, I paid for Caillou, not commercials. You guys suck.
on December 12, 2013
I bought this for my niece and she was so excited. Mid first episode it skipped and continued to skip throughout the entire disc and she was crushed. I bought it brand new so it makes no sense.
on January 2, 2013
The CD was broken when I received it. To much trouble to return. Wish they packaged it a bit better.
on February 17, 2015
It was broken so I can't review it. Thanks
on August 8, 2013
Until now, I've never had a single complaint about my near-perfect three year old. From sleeping through the night at 6 weeks of, giving up bottles and his crib and moving to his own room - even taking baths and going to bed every night without a single complaint and potty training and reading on his own at 2.

UNTIL CAILLOU. And I'm not joking. This isn't a joke review. This is a serious complaint.

That obnoxious little brat, Caillou, in just two episodes, has my son WHINING "I can't!!" to EVERYTHING he is asked to do. "Time to get out of the tub, sweetie," I tell him. "I caaaaaaannnn't." He whines in this horrible squeal. I had NO IDEA where this abhorrent behavior came from until I caught THREE SECONDS of this horrible show on tv.

My won was watching intently and I said "turn the tv off please." And to my horror, he dropped to the floor, and started whining over and over "I can't! I can't".

I wanted to throw up. No shock- this horrible excuse for a television show has been PERMANENTLY banned from our home. I will tell every parent I know of this god -awful excuse for an "educational program".

My son has caught glimpses of sponge bob (crude), power rangers (physical fighting) and even half an hour of gremlins (not in my presence, but I found out he saw the most gruesome parts) and had ZERO reaction to these things - he didn't karate chop our house cats, or imitate any of the crude humor on sponge bob....but in a mere TWO MINUTES of "CAILLOU" my son immediately picked up that petulant little Bart's HORRIBLE incessant whine and his "I can't" crap that he spews every time he is asked or told to do ANYTHING.

BY FAR the worst children's show I've ever seen. PBS should be paying for a professional to help me fix this behavior (and a trip to the spa to relax my nerves after listening to the whining I'd never had to deal with before "CAILLOU". Flat out AWFUL.

Kayt