The American Baking Competition 1 Season 2013
Amazon Instant Video
1. Pies & Tarts In the series premiere, a baking firefighter battles his own fire in the kitchen and a Southern baker introduces judge, Paul Hollywood, to chocolate bacon. Jeff Foxworthy hosts.
2. Cookies Tensions rise as one baker gets burned for deceiving the judges, one whips up a batch of treats so good they deem them "slap yo mama" cookies, and someone crumbles under the pressure.
3. Cakes Creative juices begin to flow as the bakers face a "Surprise-Inside" cake challenge, and one baker may be overconfident when they mix soda pop and cake batter.
4. Breads Bakers begin to sweat when they need to present their breads to one of the world's premiere bread bakers, Judge Paul Hollywood, and one baker hopes her red-hot candies will fire up the judges.
5. Desserts Brian and Francine go to war over their shared refrigerator, and the bakers must stagger their start and end times during their technical challenge to produce the perfect dessert.
6. Patisserie The contestants face a double elimination in a semi-final showdown, and Brian puts aside his competitive nature to help a fellow baker.
7. Finale As the final three bakers compete in a winner-take-all battle for $250,000 and a cookbook contract, the pressure reaches an all-time high, leading one of them to break down.
|Producers||Andrea Corson, Mallory DeGolian, Derek Helwig, Karla K. LeCroix, Hank Leukart, Liz Lurie, Christopher Pang, Elizabeth Schulze, Marissa Stein Thompson|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
great show...Paul and Francine are hilarious in how they communicate to one another..funny that Paul says he needs a translator to understand Francine southern accent... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Francee H.
Loved it! Please come back for a second season, I was so sorry when it was over! I'll be watching for the return!Published 21 months ago by Pamela I. Norfleet
very creative and challenging recommended a show that is a true reality I look forward to watching the next seasons episodesPublished 21 months ago by Yolanda
Finally, on TV, a fresh exciting new show. I loved watching and learning all of the baking that was done by contestants!Published 21 months ago by Christine Avey
I loved this show and wish it was twice as long. super short season!
Reasons to love it and hope it comes back for another round:
--although it is a competition,... Read more
Loved it. Despite the stupidity with Paul and Marcela's affair, this was my favorite show of the summer. I am sorry that it won't be returning. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Margaret M. Werner