Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Large|Color: BLACK|Change

on March 21, 2010
I have a herniated c4/5 disk which has caused much discomfort with arm/hand numbness and neck pain while sleeping. I have tried several pillows and eventually found the best relief without a pillow. This little baby has caused me to enjoy pain free sleep since I received it.

Make sure you get the large if you have a neck size of like..15" or more - (like most men). Another thing: The color bleeds like crazy so you can save lots of hassle by just washing the thing right away in hot water. I took it into the shower with me and in five minutes, had most of the excess dye removed. Funny, it didn't look any different at all.

Another thing - remember to keep it a bit less than snug if you are going to lie down and sleep with it - the neck veins naturally distend when you lie down and can end up feeling strangled. If you are like me, just having it on a little less than snug will keep you head in a good position all night.

Seems to wash well - which is good...because I imagine if it wasn't washed periodically, it would end up smelling like a sock.

I'm glad I bought it..for the price it has been an awesome value for me.
55 comments|334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2010
I bought it for sitting on the airplane. Much more compact than bringing a neck pillow, and MUCH easier to clean. Getting the cover on and off of my travel ring shaped pillow was a pain and for the ones that don't have a cover, once you spill or drool on it, it's garbage!

The one I received is black, which I'm actually happy about, but if you're expecting blue, just realize that you may or may not get it.

Support is halfway between "bare neck" and "neck brace". Maybe a little less than I would want, but I guess more than I can ask for in such a little package. Don't forget that it does insulate, so after while, your core temperature will increase. I find that to be beneficial because airplanes are always too cold anyway!

Nice for the intended use: travelling. Not sure about using it medically as I have no problems with my neck...yet! Definitely a nice companion in my carry on.

ADD List:
+Easy to clean
+Portable/lightweight
+Decent enough support
+Keeps your neck warm

-Potentially hit or miss color (mine was black, pic is blue)
-Might not be firm enough for some (seems a little soft to use for strong support)
-Increases temperature (whether a desired effect or not)

100% recommended for travelling!
0Comment|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2009
Terrific product and does the job. Light weight and flexible. Great for the long evenings of computer work or
needle work. Have recommended to my patients. GREAT for travel lays flat or rolls up. gj of Tampa Bay
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
Most comfortable "neck rest" I've ever worn. 5 hour plane rides are no longer a pain in the neck. Great for sleeping at home also. Keeps neck at the proper angle without discomfort. My chiropractor is making a little less money these days! Machine wash/dry. Haven't really found any faults with his item yet.
0Comment|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
The Caldera Neck Rest is comfortable yet still provides good support to help keep your neck in a more upright position. I also own a generic foam collar and the Caldera Neck Rest is more "supportive". Also the material seems to retain some heat which aids in keeping your neck warm, which is usually a benefit due to increased blood flow to the neck muscles. I find it beneficial to wear when working long hrs at the computer. And with your neck in a better position, you tend to keep your back more upright, as well. I ordered the Large as a result of reading other reviews. The product packaging states that the Large is for neck sizes 15 1/4" - 17 1/4". It would be helpful if this was stated in the product description details. And it measures about 3 1/2" wide at the chin and 3 3/4" wide on the sides.
on January 16, 2011
Using this was the first time ever I was able to fly without arriving with neck pain and a headache that lasted for 24 hours. I used it on a flight to Europe - 15 hours in a plane! I got there with my neck feeling great. Now I sleep with it and wake up with less pain.

I've been dealing with neck pain for years - went to chiropractors, acupuncture and physical therapy and this has made the biggest difference. I don't know that it will work for everyone and I'm not saying it all I need but I am certainly happy with my purchase!!!

I was worried about the size issue as there is nothing anywhere in the description explaining how you figure out which to get (that I found) so I got a large. On the box it said to measure your neck at the smallest width and if its 15 inches or more get the large. I probably should have gotten a regular but the large has been fine. Hope that helps someone.
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2009
Be sure and select the right size. "Regular Size" in China would be a neck measuring 12" to 15" in circumference. This is too small for most American Men. A "Large Size" is for necks measuring 15 1/4" to 17 1/4."

The neck rest is better made (and less conspicuous to wear) than the white ones available at your local drugstore.

UPDATE 1/18/10: The black die that makes the collar inconspicuous bleeds. It will stain your neck - but the stain washes off easily. However, it is a more difficult to remove the stain from white turtle necks.
22 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2010
I liked the way this support feels, it is articulating but still provides support. And I like the idea of a stylish, almost sporty, neck brace that is less conspicuous than the medical white ones. I thought it was brilliant!

However, when I tried to sleep with it -- it ruined our designer sheets -- because the color (black) runs when it comes in contact with moisture. In fact, it dyed my neck black as well, but it came off in the shower.

Wasn't this product engineered and tested?
33 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2009
This neck pillow is, in a word, FANTASTIC. Yes, you look a little bit strange (like you have on a neck brace), but it's super comfy and frankly, it doesn't look that much stranger than having one of those big donut pillows around your head. You can easily fall asleep sitting straight up, as it takes all the weight off your neck. No more falling asleep on your neighbor! What a great invention, I only wish I'd thought of it first.
on April 7, 2009
I rarely write reviews although I made a lot of purchase based on customer reviews.

I have to say this is the best product I have ever purchased to cure my neck pain caused by extended working on computers. I took a chance as there were no reviews posted. It turned out the best of all the things I purchased to cure my neck and shoulder pains. It even got rid of the clicking sound when I used to hear while turning my neck.

If you have neck pains due to working in front of computers, this is the best you can get.