5.0 out of 5 stars Great Small Rest
Published on December 21, 2009 by Robert The Consumer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money
Published 6 months ago by Delno A. Brunning Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Small Rest, December 21, 2009
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
This little rest is really great. I got so sick of lugging my heavier rest around making this thing a real gem. It is quite stable and fits into a small range bag well. It is not suitable for any kind of benchrest competition but for range work it is fantastic. I constantly have guys come up to me and ask about it because they are sick of lugging a 50lb rest around for everything. The adjustments work well and hold great when set. It also seems to be holding up quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Priced Right, Simple to Use, February 23, 2011
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
The title of my review says it all. However, here's a little more information.

I am a casual rifle shooter. For zeroing a rifle or for simply having fun being super accurate, it is GREAT to have a reliable rifle rest to steady your shot. In the past, I have used random items that I carry with my to the range (a duffel bag, a box, etc.). But, these are inconsistent, usually not comfortable and make it hard to find a good "zone" of accuracy.

The Caldwell Rock Jr. is perfect for the casual shooter who just wants something that works right out of the box, is easy to set up and easy to adjust.

Unless you can justify the fancier dials on the more expensive models, this Jr. model is a great value. It is solid, heavy and feels like it will last forever. I highly recommend it.

Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest, January 23, 2010
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
Great product for the money. Easy to adjust and stays put even under magnum power maximum loads. I found the only thing better is a quality bipod attached to the firearm with the short height for benchrest shooting. I highly recommend it for bench rest type shooting. Use it in conjuction with a rear rest bag. It will boost your confidence hunting, knowing your firearm is capable of shooting small moa groups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 26, 2011
Scott G. (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
This is a nice solid unit. Easy to assemble, easy to adjust, and easy to use. It's heavy enough to be stable, but not so heavy that you avoid taking it with you. It's nice that the rest/bag comes filled already. It's a great aid in sighting in a rifle. I've easily saved the price of it in the number of rounds I've NOT had to shoot to be sure various rifles I own are sighted in. I've used it for sighting in scopes, iron sights, and a red dot sight. Works great. Saves time AND ammo. Worth every penny I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid shooting platform, July 16, 2011
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
Real stable due to weight and feet. good range of height adjustment. quick height adjustment. rubber and metal feet lend themselves to varying surfaces. rest comes already filled, which is an advantage over competing products. a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rest for the size/weight, June 25, 2011
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
Great compact rest for when you don't want to carry anything too heavy to the range. While not having extremely fine adjustments, it's plenty for when you'd like to have a something steady to sight in a scope. Will fit the handguard of modern rifles comfortably as well. Pieces all appear to be extremely sturdy. A great rest for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
This worked for me to sight in my rifles, however, I needed to prop it up on top of some bags to get it high enough for me to use. Needless to say, every time I fired a shot it would move and I would need to set it up again. I am trying to find a light, sturdy base to set this on and I think it will then work great. It is nice for the money. Sturdy and adjusts and locks in place well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected but OK., December 12, 2012
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
Nice build quality, but I was expecting it to be a bit bigger than it was. Now I know why they call it "Jr.". Works great as a pistol rest, but I had to put a couple pieces of 2 X 12 under it to get it high enough for my rifle. Still better than nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rest!, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
This is a well made rest and is worth every cent. Nice rest for a smaller scale piece that won't bog you down going to/from range!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest (Sports)
This makes sighting in so much easier. It is heavy, solid, easy to tote around, adjustable, and hassle free to use. I've tried using slay type setups and they are a PITA to use. I've tried bags and they're harder to get adjusted properly. Bipods have been known to throw off your sighting if you use the rifle without one, according to some. This is perfect and is the best I've used. Glad I bought it.

Caldwell Rock Jr. Metal Front Rifle Rest